What was your reason to join Fiverr?

tzezuka

Interesting stories 🙂

Well, I joined fiverr as a buyer. Then after a few months, I decided to do a test Gig for linkvana posts. Since I was already having its subscription, so I thought to write posts for people.

I was not sure at all that it will turn out so good. I just posted my first gig, and I did nothing to promote it. I just created it and then within the very first week, I got a couple of orders. It started moving on and it was just additional income that I was getting.

That’s it 🙂

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest marsch001

Reply to @tzezuka: I hear ya! I have no idea - it’s something that I’ve been trying to get an answer to ever since I reached level 2 some time ago, but so far nothing. There was another post just the other day about what happens with levels if you are inactive, and I’m hoping someone will shed some light on levels in general.

I think most people who get a certain level will stay there (or go higher, although after level 2 it’s “only” Top Rated) so long as you follow the rules and are somewhat active. That said, I want to recall that I saw someone in a thread mention something about needing to have a certain amount of orders per month.

However, I like to think that not everyone gets 50+ orders per month, but have a slow but steady number of orders and if I’ve not found anything on the forum about them having lost their level due to lack of orders, then I’m hoping that’s not the case. If I find out anything, I will update you!

My husband and I have been married 2 years, together for 6, and are trying any way we can to fund an open adoption with a firm locally. My mother actually started a fiverr also to help for the same reason. So we both looked into things that we were good at that really were not overtly time consuming (we both work full time).

The discovery of Fiverr for me was serendipitous, like many other sites. Initially I was contributing a lot of free stuff (reviews and all) to well established sites. Everywhere it was for free. These giants were really growing with all our collective efforts, with nothing in return.

One such site started a special program for highly ranked reviewers where products are shipped to members for review. Although my rank was quite high I was not picked because of my location outside the US.

Fiverr is the site where you get paid for your efforts, although $3.92 which you receive at the end doesn’t commensurate your efforts and expenses.

Yes, it pays you something, at least. :))

I used to make 3D models just for fun, it was a spare time hobby, when I’m home, to modify a video game I used to play, and I was good at it, so I thought, why not try to make some money out of it, there’s nothing to loose here, instead I will be doing something I enjoy and get payed for.

But I have to say, the work that I do, is worth alot, I mean, ALOT more than 5$, and I’m not getting many orders either.

I have posted a discussion in the suggestions forum about the pricing policy if you want to take a look.

Perhaps fiverr will be alot better in the case of other simpler gigs.

Here’s my story on why I joined Fiverr:

Back in 2011, I had a baby girl, but she was a stillborn, unfortunately. I also didn’t know that I was pregnant, so that made things worse for me. On top of dealing with the loss of my child, my husband at the time was cheating on me with multiple women and denying his own daughter of being his and accusing me of cheating on him. Once that happened, we got divorced and I was left with the medical bills, which came out to about 12 grand.

Why I joined Fiverr was because I wanted to earn more money to help pay off those medical bills while I’m looking for a job. Since I’m doing that by myself, I’m also wanting to earn enough to get my daughter a headstone. She deserves that from her mother. I want her to be proud of me and I want to share my talents with those here on Fiverr. 🙂

Guest edimphotography

Hello well since everyone shared a story here’s mine…

I’ve joined fiverr maybe 2 weeks ago because I wanted to try making money online and I figured IF I ever make 50-70$ it would be great and I could use it to buy myself something for my DSLR and it can help me to get closer to my dream of being a pro photographer and a graphic designer…

For now I don’t have any sales but someday I hope I’ll have at least a couple of them and I hope it will be a good experience.

PS: Does anyone know how to change the country or region on your profile because mine is wrong…

Guest marsch001

Reply to @edimphotography: I can’t help you with the country thing (although I know others have had issues, and there should be some threads about it in the forum) but I was looking at your gig (I get curious!) and I think you should have photos pre-edited and edited side-by-side, so that people can really see what you can do.

Also, the gig sounds more like your profile page, and you should split up the ‘edit photo’ and ‘take a photo’ into separate gigs.

i am also want to share my story

I’ve joined Fiverr almost a year ago. in my first year at Fiverr, is for the purpose of buying an article for my blog. at some point, there are certain conditions that require me to be out of work and back to my hometown. and move from one city to another … and I found a good solution from Fiverr income, which I no longer have to work and settle in one place to get revenue. least, Fiverr provides additional income in between my work outside of Fiverr. but it is often times buyers appreciate the input and encouragement to continue to create art and keep sketching.

have no idea at first.

I just found that someday I want to work at home, I don’t want to go outside to work with routine activities everyday, and I can easily manage my own time. and after that I found that my friend has joined fiverr first, and he could make a lots of order from fiverr. working on something that he likes the most, and make an income from it. so I try to joined fiverr one year ago. well, actually I try to survey the other microjobs websites first like gigbks or gobn. but I think fiverr is the best, that makes much more traffic than the other websites.

My reason for joining Fiverr was simple. To be a buyer.

My reason for staying and becoming a seller was a little more complex. One day it hit me that this is a special website with highly valuable qualities. Specifically, unlike Google where people go to browse the web…folk comes to Fiverr to do business.

Seeing the power of the marketplace made me want to test it. And, am I ever glad I did. Fiverr produced a full time income on a very part-time basis for me and others who I’ve helped get started on Fiverr.

I first joined fiverr as a buyer to get things done for my mobile business with little to no cost. Then I saw what others where doing and how a ton of people are making money for different services I thought I should join in.

I am a full time mom and I am all about attachment parenting so I don’t want to leave my son. Fiverr is making it possible for me to work from home.

My goal is to raise enough money to leave the mobile business to be able to rent a studio for my pole fitness business!

Archived