What was your reason to join Fiverr?

tzezuka

My reason for joining Fiverr…

I was recovering from a traumatic accident/surgery and did not have use of my right arm (I’m right handed). I was unable to drive/travel for auditions, recording sessions or meet/consult with clients, as I did for years.

Since I have a fully equipped professional VO studio, I tried Fivver as a way to ease back into the VO business. I figured my sales would be slow and the jobs small enough for a one armed guy to handle!

Well it’s been 18 months of physical therapy, and I have 85/90% use of my right arm back and I’m doing great. The BIG change is, at age 61, now I choose not to drive/travel for auditions and recording sessions! I’ve retooled my VO business as a totally on-line endeavor and Fiverr is a part of it.

I like the micro-job model, and think it’s a great place for entrepreneurs.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just joined Fiverr today and I love it so far! I actually found it on an article about “fun things to do while on bed rest” and i’m so glad that I did. I’m slightly worried that I’ll be on here for 6 months before anyone buys anything from me, but I’m hoping it won’t be that way. (;

I’m on bed rest for pregnancy and just looking for a way to make a few extra bucks for the baby and have a relaxing time on here. I love writing so I’m excited to be here and can’t wait to learn more about Fiverr! Loved reading many of your stories! These are great!

Well my reason to join and stay in Fiverr is to expand my business horizon.

I have been very successful outside Fiverr and also one of the Top Seller a year back. I had to leave Fiverr for a while due to personal family reason. I am back now and would like to continue providing top quality services to all my beloved clients.

My basic reason joining Fiverr is because I see it as a good exercise to become an entrepreneur.

In Fiverr I can improve my communications skills and my creativity in a english mindset.

(I’m a spanish speaking living in Australia) So, basically, this has/will help me to get more confidence…

And of course, doing stuff I enjoy doing it and Why not!!! making some money on the way

Cheers.

Cesar - Soundless & Loud

Well, after signing a production deal with R3ality Records I got really into the whole business side of things. I also like doing a LOT of cool different things and teaching myself how to do them, I’ve always been like that (a jack of all trades kinda guy.) So I thought, what better way to promote than to offer some of my technical knowledge at amazing and unbelievable prices. Great on paper, but still trying to get the ball rolling 😉

Guest tn5rr2012

I joined on a whim about 2 years ago, created 3 gigs and forgot about it. Then I got a an order for my family tree gig. I deleted the other 2 gigs and the rest they say is history. Now my reason for being here is much different. Helping people discover their family tree and roots is my big pay off. Getting people into conversations with their own families about their history is so important and I encourage everyone to start talking to your family about your ancestors because there will come a day the family member is gone and so are the stories and information.

🙂 Well apart from the money, as an artist I also want some sort of inspiration.

I joined fiverr months ago, and when I stopped working in fiverr for a while, I realized I stopped drawing as well. A couple of people have told me that I’m selling my drawings quite cheaply in fiverr. Yes, I can post drawings in other sites, but they’ll just give you slight comments, kind praises and stuffs. It’s not like i hated that, but it just doesn’t feel the same way when a buyer says he liked what you did.

I guess there’s just this sort of fulfillment thing when you’ve drawn for someone and they liked it. Specially if the drawing is meant to be a gift. A lot of the buyers I’ve had wanted a drawing for someone special to them. I suppose that’s why I came back on fiverr 🙂

Interesting to read all your fiverr stories… hope your gigs are going well 🙂

I’ve only just joined fiverr after I saw it advertised on TV (The Gadget Show I think it’s called). It sounded like quite a unique concept so I thought it was worth a look. I’ve uploaded 3 gigs so far, one selling a christmas card making kit and the others selling stock images… I’m a digital artist and I thought fiverr might be a good way to explore other areas of the digital world and also have some fun at the same time!

I am in financial downhill right now and finding all means to make money. I literally work every single hour and take 3 hours of sleep. Fiverr saved me some more hours and I can make money in dollars and compensate for some other hard work which was low paid yet had more working hours. Fiverr is helping me pay off some debt and if I get atleast few orders per week or month, I can get rid of this financial burden. Fingers crossed.

Hello, I came to Fiverr to have a logo made and see about other services such as graphic design and marketing. I stayed to sell some VA-type services to help raise money for our charity (Team Jane) - So far in 2 days I’ve done 3 gigs and am having a blast! I like this community!

I been working for quite a long time in the Consumer Technical Support Industry. I’m planning to extend my computer expertise to Senior Citizens who are a bit hesitant or afraid to learn the basics of the computing technology. I’m here to offer these services and to promote my Website as their avenue to overcome those fears and enjoy the benefits of technology to their advantage. I’m hoping I could bring a big smile on their face…just like my Grandma when she first saw my face on s***e…miles away. That’s something you’d always remember…Happy fiverr-ing to all.

Guest jollyfuture

Hi,

I joined fiverr because I was looking for a safe way to earn money on-line. The money that I earn will be going into my college fund.

I had to defer the course for a year because I could not pay the registration fee as well as accommodation.(it’s to far way for me to stay with my parents).

I always wanted to join but i joined recently when I got my credit card. I am here obviously to make money as you said but I want to put my money to help me out with university such as buying books, travel cost and equipment cost. As I can draw good i thought i should put my talent to use while i have a short holiday before uni.

I actually found about Fiverr from a friend. He knew I was good at graphic design so he sent me a link to the site.

I had not designed in a year or 2 (for profit anyway). It was actually a really nice awakening back into designing for real clients. Though you are making a small profit, you still get the good part out of it which is making someone truly happy and excited. (you cant put a price on that)

So after getting to level 2 within a month and a half or so I decided I would start putting all my Fiverr revenues towards my fiancee and I’s wedding in May 2014. I’ve already been able to put away quite a bit of money from just Fiverring after my day job and not really advertising outside of Fiverr.

Thats my story. Thanks,

J

Archived