What was your reason to join Fiverr?

tzezuka

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My story is a very typical one.

I started working online when i was doing my undergraduate and needed some extra money to spend with my friends in travelling, partying etc. It was in a year 2011, when i registered myself in some website, i earned a lot there and still working. While working there, someone send me a link of fiverr. Firstly, I was really not interested in another job, but somehow i created a gig and left fiverr for over an year. After an year i met my friend who was doing a good business on fiverr. He strongly recommended fiverr to me.

And last month i took fiverr seriously, and created gigs and within 2 days i recieved orders and its 25 days since rejoining fiverr, i have about 55 sales…

So, Its a mission accomplished so far for me 🙂

I joined Fiverr because I wanted to put language proficiency to good use. In order to do so I created writing and translation related gigs. I did not expect much, and it took me some weeks to get my first orders. Ever since the first orders arrived I have been on a roll, or so it seems. At times I have suspended my gigs in order to keep up!

I am currently a level 2 seller and and now exploring the possibility to establish myself as a professional writer/ translator ‘for real’.

However, a few days ago, my eyes got all itchy, dry and painful.

I need to find a cure first, because it is not recommended to keep typing like that!

I hope to be back soon.

Guest aestheticdesign

the entrepreneurial bug bit me while i was in busimess school at stanford a couple of years ago. while i didn’t necessarily want to start my own business at that point i realized i still wanted to be involved in that community.

i stared to offer my marketing, digital, social media, and design services to small businesses and entrepreneurs who otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford this level of quality work. after searching for a platform that what allow me to reach more people - i found fiverr.

i’ve had great succes thus far only being two months in but would still love any advice from more experienced and successful sellers on how to maximize my use of this platform!

• 2 months later...
Guest theowl89

Hi, @tzezuka. Give me high-five!!! ^o^)/

I think we have the same goal to reach. 😃

I myself need it so I can working outdoor.

But my basic reason is to keep my hands moving, draw anything, and keep impress peoples.

Hi everyone, I’m Nina and I am a fresh member on fiverr (more or less 24 hours since I joined)

I am a fortune teller by profession and I’ve been practicing the craft for about ten years, being a natural talent and expading my knowledge by self-studying.I am residing in Greece, so I believe I need not say what’s the reason I joined! The situation here (financially speaking) s*cks (apologies but that’s the truth) so for the last 2.5 years I’ve been under-employed, earning about a quarter of what I usually earned!

And I don’t blame people…who would care what will happen the next day, if they don’t have a euro to buy a load of bread today? Hence, I have been brainstorming on a way to support my family (I am newly wed and expecting my first baby on October) since, I don’t like my husband to provide everything on his own.

I have not studied anything in my life and the only thing I know to do best is fortune telling and communicate in English. A couple of days ago, it hit my mind to invest on a website, offering readings and other services online, so as to expand my prospects worldwide.Searching for the possibilities and opportunities, I bumbed on fiverr and decided to join.I have already created some gigs and launched a social media page soooo I am here waiting to see what happens. In the meanwhile, I check tips and discussions from seniors in the forum, to get some advice.

Of course, I keep my offline job having a couple of regular clients, yet I believe that even if the amount of money earned for a gig is nowhere near what a fortune teller is paid offline, the possibility of getting levels and extras in the near future, will help me make ends meet.

Warm regards & best of luck to each any everyone of you

Nina

Good question… it’s really interesting to read the replies here!

I just returned to full time work about 2 months ago after being on maternity leave for a year. I’m on a fairly small wage and by the time I pay for childcare I don’t bring home very much at all. It makes me wonder if sacrificing time spent with my son to work is even worth it? So, the plan is to try and get an income doing something from home so I can change to part time - or even better, work from home full time! Then I can enjoy the best of both worlds 😃

• 1 year later...

I created fiverr account 4 years ago and did not take it serious.
Recently I joint a workshop about earning online on fiverr and got my gig updated.
With in 2 months I am level 2 seller and orders are increasing.
Thinking to leave my current job and start a full time freelance.

What Fiverr is doing for me is help through a rough patch from a job standpoint. I have been able to forge great relationships with clients over the last few years. I provide expert website analysis for people – companies who use Google Analytics worldwide. Just read the reviews. Even when I return to full time role, I will still be selling my gigs. It is an easy way to make money from home.

I really want to share why i am on fiverr.
I was an engineering student from Pakistan and i will be the first engineer of my family. My dad is a govt. Employ and it was my father’s dream to see me an engineer. I was a shining student of my class. I had A grade in my college.
But in university I was a backbencher of my class. And the result of it was
At the end of our session i was left with 4 subjects of my course.
This was really unbearable for me. And i was responsible for all this situation.
Within two months i was a psycho patient. I left visiting home. I started drugs. I wasted my self as much as i could.
a roommate of mine, who is a software engineer, he was working on fiverr.
we were sharing a flat and we were 4 engineers in a flat.
He started on fiverr. He trained one more friend. They both started working. I still remember those sleeplessness nights in whoch they both were working.they discuss about all the things.
Then the 3rd one in the flat started on fiverr. They were self dependent for their expenditures.
Then a moment came when it was really shamefull for me to ask money from parents.
I was ruined. And i was the reason of it.
I visited a psychiatrist. Pilzzz Pilzzz and Pilzzz.
All in vain. The situation became worst for me that i can’t explain.

Thankfull to my flatmates.
Then they asked me to join fiverr forcefully.
yeah really they draged me on fiverr. I had no money to pay for the repairing of my laptop. Led of my laptop was broken in those months.
They managed it. They provided everything.
It took me two days to get started on fiverr.

That is the day when the circumstances started changing.

Now
Its my 6th month on fiverr.
I am a level 2 seller and i have earned more then $800. On every transaction when i get money from atm machine.
Thankyou fiverr is what i can’t stop saying.
I haven’t asked money from parents from last 6 months.
I paid university fee of the subjects in which i were failed, appeared in the exams, passed and i will get my degree in next month.

I am really satisfied.
I really forget my tea on table while working on it.
No more pilz no more drugs only fiverr…

We have given a name to our flat. It is fIverr training center. FTC. We were 4 here. And i was number 4.
Number 1, The friend who started on fiverr is not between us, he died in a road accident.
May God bless him high ranks.
He is our boss. It is still written on the mirror in front of me.
Boss is always a boss…
You will always be in our hearts.
We love you boss.

After him we trained 9 more. We are 13 now. Every number is a story.
We all are thankful to our beloved friend who guided us towards fiverr and we are thankful to fiverr. Who have given us a chance to use our skills positively.

I must say fiverr is a land of opportunities. You can rock if you really have the talent.

THANKYOU FIVERR.

Regards
d__designer

I began in the freelance world around 9 months ago and i worked on some projects, later i met Fiverr and i’ve joined it. I have 2 months here and i’m happy with this marketplace, i have 4 works done with 5 stars and the customers are really happy with the results; also i’m musician too and a few days ago i’ve opened a blog, it really helps for your network.

I hope my business grows up and very important: Satisfied Customers.

Archived