What was your reason to join Fiverr?

tzezuka

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found out about fiverr when I was looking for ways to make money online. At first, I was only trying to help my boyfriend out by finding small ways for him to make money.

But then after a while, fiverr seemed like a good idea for me to start practicing for the ‘real world’; teach myself how I should treat others, learn to be more professional, etc.

Not only that, but I also want to use the money I get from fiverr to buy plane tickets to the states 🙂 so that my boyfriend won’t have to go through the hassle of flying back to Indonesia… I really want to visit him soon, if not then i’ll have to wait for 4 years to pass until he finishes college.

Yeahh LDR sucks 😦 but it works when you work hard

I found out about Fiverr a couple of years ago and joined to buy something, don’t remember what it was. I just put up a couple of gigs to test it out for a review for my newsletter subscribers. I was surprised how quickly I started to get sales.

I was very busy with my online copywriting biz and didn’t really want my high paying clients knowing that I was selling a service here for $5. GASP!!! I didn’t think it was fair to my clients for me to be charging them my usual high fees, and then to be giving away my writing services here, so I suspended my gigs for quite a while.

Now I am easing into selling most of my online assets and winding down to retire. I figured that because I have had 15 years of online success, I would give back by reviving my Fiverr gigs, and offer my professional skills to help others succeed.

I want my buyers to have the advantage of getting my professional services without having to pay my usual high rates. I love working with my Fiverr buyers, they are so appreciative.

I think I joined Fiverr (over 2 years ago) because I liked the sound of it and the concept. I created a Gig (that is still going now and is my workhorse) and forgot about it. I was coming back to my account only as a buyer for various things. I was too much involved in other online businesses to do anymore about my Gig, but from time to time (once every 3 - 4 months) I received an order from someone, supplied and got paid.

One day, I thought that if I could make 4 bucks from time to time doing nothing, what would happen if I decided to work at it seriously? Which I did. Created a few more Gigs, advertised, read and participated in the forums, and made a few sales (2 or 3 a month).

Then I came across a Gig (5 months ago), a guy who was offering to have a look at one of my Gigs and help me improve it. I bought the Gig and two weeks later my sales were shooting through the roof. I reach up to nearly $1000 in a month.

I have never made so much money online so easily in my 13 years marketing. In the past six months I have bought so many things I couldn’t afford before. My Fiverr revenues simply doubles my retirement income. $-)

Although, as we all know, V2 has reduced our sales figure terribly, but I keep good hope and faith that the good days will come back sooner than we think. In the main time, I spend a lot of time improving my Gigs, promoting and I have also created a Gig to help those who want to improve their Fiverr sales.

Thanks for starting this thread tzezuka, I am sure that it will motivate many sellers :bz

I am from South Africa and love the idea of making money online. I did a search about 2 weeks ago that said - “selling myself online” and fiver came out on top of the search results. I joined the site and brainstormed a few ideas, popped them up and bam, sales are coming in - I love the concept of fiverr and the way we can all be creative and make some money at the same time.

I was Googling “ways to make money fast”, and I guess that’s about when Fiverr.com appeared. I’ve always been extremely interested in building businesses and helping people by offering services. I figured, I spend all my time learning new crafts and years practicing arts, why not share them and make a few bucks?

So I set my goal to a collage tuition, and have only made $16 so far. But I’m still working on it. I won’t give up… because the greatest thing about Fiverr is that you can make money, having fun! 🙂

-Ace

I’ve always wanted to create something. I figured being an author would be a good avenue to pursue. I figured with kindle allowing people to easily sell their ebooks my dream was going to be easier to chase. After finishing the first 10 pages of my book, and receiving excellent reviews from family I decided to create my fiverr account. When I finally earn some gigs it will allow me to not only get practice with my writing (while earning a little bit of side money) it will also allow me to receive feedback which isn’t biased.

Reply to @kjblynx: I am very sorry to hear about your left eye 😕 ( have to get it in less than two months )

I haven’t checked out your gigs yet, but if you are doing something different than what I am doing at the moment, then you can count on me to give a word to my buyers to check out your gig 🙂

I found out about Fiverr when i was looking to get a logo make for my website . At first i thought it was crazy how could you make any money $5 at a time so i blew it off in till about 8 mo. later to make a long story short 1 year latter am a top rated seller and make about $1200.00 mo.

I found Fiverr when I was looking at ways to make money online freelancing - preferably as a writer. But because I don’t live in the US, and I’m not from a country where English is a native language, there wasn’t much that I could do, as many places required you to be an American citizen and paying taxes in that country, or live somewhere and have English as your first language. And as good as my English is, just the fact that I live in Sweden prevents me from a lot of freelancing that I can do, while I look for a job/on the side of that job.

Fiverr on the other hand didn’t have any such limitations, and although I’m not a writer through it (yet, I’m not sure if I want to expand or how) I am able to use it to sell translation gigs, which works moderately well. I’ve seen a bit of a dip since V2, which is probably because one of my gigs doesn’t show in search engines, despite 100% rating.

Fun thread! So many people found Fiverr through similar ways and because of similar reasons.

Reply to @tzezuka: That can be rather frustrating. I know people who’ve been here for longer and have more orders and a better reputation aren’t shown on the main page, but someone new without any orders (or no ratings at least) are. There’s been threads about it as well, since it’s a new thing since V2 came.

And thanks. You too!

Reply to @tzezuka: Good for you! I was very happy and a bit surprised because I hadn’t thought about it coming soon, when I got mine. Now I just have to keep it! Although I’m not sure what the limits are - to get it, you need to complete I think 50 orders within 2 months or something like that, but I’m not sure if you need to have 50 orders in 2 months (or even 50 orders in 1 month) to keep it.

Archived