Immediate demands for higher payment

walshaw

Twice in a row after applying, sellers have immediately demanded much more money. The first for $75, the other for $40 (after not even receiving the details of the gig). Now this gig was a very simple Kindle cover, a light blue background, and a graph that you could download from Google. (I checked). When I first started using Fiverr, about three years ago, I got very good service for a number of books, providing covers for $5. Then Lulu required back and spine also. OK. I paid a bit more. But these attempts at rip-off I strongly object to. After a gap of a year or so has the word got around that you can immediately extract more money from the mugs, these intending authors?

Hi walshaw,
Still here numbers of good sellers available.
I think you should fix the price and discus your theme with sellers before Ordering.
Here you will also get a lot of good sellers who are doing simple cover for $5.

It just depends on the seller and the service. I only raise my price for custom orders if the buyer wants more than they stated originally or later provided additional details that affect the price. It’s very rare for the increase to be that much, though, unless there was a TOTAL miscommunication.

Archived