What's going on!

onlinedzshop

Wow, this is crazy! When I saw it a week or so ago, I assumed it was just the forum displaying in a different language - like it does every once in awhile. This time I scrolled through instead of just logging out.

Crazy. I don’t know if it’s spam or someone trying to break the site, but wow. I’m out of here until it gets fixed.

All I can tell you guys is rhat we had them mostly blocked and they are trying to get around. The one bit of good is that one volunteer in particular is working like crazy on this, paired with a staff person. Everything they learn is likely to be applicable to a new forum so thus is testing ground. I’ll try to delete these maunally but unfortunately my time is short for the new few hours.

Mods may not get special favors (they don’t) but luckily sore fingers and late nighs DO come free with the job! 🙂

Guest webexpert1313

yes i am also notice about this spam. some guys doing spam here…
fiverr need to care about this.

I think that the forum has been a much more pleasant place to visit since we got the 2 new moderators (not that the old ones did a hack job, but, it seems like it’s a time consuming thing and they may have not had time any longer to keep on top of it) in place. They are doing the best they can, and I for one, appreciate it!

GG

Reply to @fonthaunt:
No point in blocking the bot, it will just keep on using the same exploit with new ips. An update to prevent the vulnerability this particular bot uses was released in 2013.
Updating to the latest secure version will take some hours but it would save moderators allot of work until the new forum is ready (looks like were 9 updates behind in this old unsupported branch).

Either that or my second suggestion is fiverr starts funding blister band aids for moderators trigger fingers.

Archived