"Professions" Id verification failed

A couple of days ago, I received a notification that I had been selected for the "professions" feature.

1 day ago I decided to try this feature. At the last step before publishing my "profession," verifying ID was required. 

I submitted my correct and clear ID card and selfie photos. However, the automatic system failed verification. After failed verification, my account was restricted.

I contacted to Fiverr customer support team in ticket #11713619 and they allowed me to make another attempt.

In this 2nd attempt, I again made sure that the photos were high quality, and also my ID card was not expired. This time, I also took the photos in daylight to keep the photos safe from any light reflections. But again, the system failed to verify.

I told the customer support, and they said " I have forwarded your inquiry to the relevant team for further review. As soon as I receive an update I will let you know by following up on this ticket."

After he said that, it has been more than 36 hours, and I have not received any reply from them. I requested them to at least remove restrictions from my account so that I can reply to my clients.

I was so excited and happy to try the new feature "professions" but as a result, my account got restricted which made me so upset. Even though the photo of my ID Card and the selfie were correct and clear, your system failed to verify it both times.

I was looking in the Fiverr Forum and I found that other people who tried to verify to use "professions" features are facing the same issue as mine.

In this advanced era of AI, I don't know why their software is failing to verify even high-quality images with all the correct details.
Edited by sunnykingkoh
  • Like 6
  • Sad 3
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, sunnykingkoh said:

After he said that, it has been more than 36 hours, and I have not received any reply from them. I requested them to at least remove restrictions from my account so that I can reply to my clients.

To be fair, Fiverr's team works Sundays-Thursdays, so it might be that the team in question is not working. There's nothing else you can do other than wait.

Speaking of waiting, I am waiting a little while until I add my professions too. I received it right from the start, but I decided to wait. I still don't get it why you have to verify the account again, risking possible issues like the ones you have.

• Like 5

To be fair, Fiverr's team works Sundays-Thursdays, so it might be that the team in question is not working. There's nothing else you can do other than wait.

Could you please let me know how you found that they work Sundays-Thursdays? I am curious to know this. Yes, I am waiting patiently but also worried about thinking that I am losing lots of my business just because their automatic software failed to verify the correct details.

I still don't get it why you have to verify the account again, risking possible issues like the ones you have.

Same, I am also unable to understand why they asked to verify the account again when I already had verified my account maybe a few hours ago in the past.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, sunnykingkoh said:

Could you please let me know how you found that they work Sundays-Thursdays? I am curious to know this. Yes, I am waiting patiently but also worried about thinking that I am losing lots of my business just because their automatic software failed to verify the correct details.

Fiverr's headquarters are in Israel. Google Israel workday and you will see. I know they have offices in the US too, but I don't think those tackle any product-related things, I can only assume the departments related to user integrity are within the headquarters. Regardless, all one can do is wait, it's not like anyone else can solve the problem. If customer support escalated it to a specific department, that can take a bit.

To be fair, if you saw others had issues, you should just wait...

• Like 5

7 hours ago, sunnykingkoh said:

A couple of days ago, I received a notification that I had been selected for the "professions" feature.

1 day ago I decided to try this feature. At the last step before publishing my "profession," verifying ID was required. 

I submitted my correct and clear ID card and selfie photos. However, the automatic system failed verification. After failed verification, my account was restricted.

I contacted to Fiverr customer support team in ticket #11713619 and they allowed me to make another attempt.

In this 2nd attempt, I again made sure that the photos were high quality, and also my ID card was not expired. This time, I also took the photos in daylight to keep the photos safe from any light reflections. But again, the system failed to verify.

I told the customer support, and they said " I have forwarded your inquiry to the relevant team for further review. As soon as I receive an update I will let you know by following up on this ticket."

I was so excited and happy to try the new feature "professions" but as a result, my account got restricted which made me so upset. Even though the photo of my ID Card and the selfie were correct and clear, your system failed to verify it both times.

I was looking in the Fiverr Forum and I found that other people who tried to verify to use "professions" features are facing the same issue as mine.

In this advanced era of AI, I don't know why their software is failing to verify even high-quality images with all the correct details.

I have the same issue!  after 3rd attempt failed, I'm also waiting to hear from the support, please help us if anyone know something about this

Edited by ui_bashar
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

@ui_bashar It has been more than 48 hours and I did not receive any reply from them. How did you try 3 times? Did the customer support allow you to make multiple attempts?

It seems like there is a bug/error in their automatic software because that software failed to verify my details even when the photos were correct and clear.

• Like 1

@Lena it has been more than 60 hours I did not receive any reply on my ticket. It has been more than 3 days I have created the ticket #11713619.

I am losing lots of my business just because your software could not be verified even though my information was correct and my photos were high quality. 

Could you please help to get this resolved ASAP?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sunnykingkoh said:

@ui_bashar It has been more than 48 hours and I did not receive any reply from them. How did you try 3 times? Did the customer support allow you to make multiple attempts?

It seems like there is a bug/error in their automatic software because that software failed to verify my details even when the photos were correct and clear.

Yes! they allow me 3 time

• Like 1

@Kesha Please look into this matter. 

Could you please let me know what is the reason behind not allowing me another attempt?

I was invited to try this feature by Fiverr, and upon doing so, I was asked to verify my ID. Despite submitting high-quality images, the verification failed due to an issue with the automatic system. Given the significant impact this has had on my ability to conduct business and communicate with clients, I kindly request the following:

1- Since my account was fully functional and verified before this recent issue, can you please reactivate my account to its previous state? I have been a dedicated and compliant Fiverr user since 2018, and this restriction is severely affecting my business.

2-If reactivation is not possible without verification, please provide alternative methods for verifying my identity, such as a video call or additional documentation.

Failed verification caused this issue. The best solution to this problem is to verify my ID.

I request you to please send my case to the team/department who deals with this verification issues. I am sure they will understand I did not do any violation.

When I do not do any violation then why am I being punished with account restrictions?

If you don't want me to allow any further attempts, that's fine, I will not use the "professions" feature but please reactivate my account as it was before trying the "professions" feature.

I hope you will understand my situation and help me to resolve this issue.

Kind regards,

Hi, can you let me know if you have verified your ID with fiverr already? 

I think I did in the past when I made the account because the account is too old (2018) and I think I did it at the start and now I do not clearly remember.

13 minutes ago, sunnykingkoh said:

I think I did in the past when I made the account because the account is too old (2018) and I think I did it at the start and now I do not clearly remember.

@sunnykingkoh A couple of days ago I got auto created ticket regarding account verification where it stated that there was an issue during verification it's fixed now and listed instructions to verify again.  You can wait for CS's response, I understand how important for you, I have gone through a situation something like that, and it was resolved by CS.  So better to wait.  I think fiverr staff is offline here due to the weekend. I hope they'll get back to you by Monday. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 8:49 PM, sunnykingkoh said:

@Lena it has been more than 60 hours I did not receive any reply on my ticket. It has been more than 3 days I have created the ticket #11713619.

I am losing lots of my business just because your software could not be verified even though my information was correct and my photos were high quality. 

Could you please help to get this resolved ASAP?

Hi again @sunnykingkoh 

I apologize for the delay in my response. Please note that the reason for my delayed reply was that I was out of the office. I am sorry if this caused any inconvenience.

Regarding your ticket #11713619. I can see that our dedicated team will review your account and that you will be updated once they reach a decision. 

• Up 1

Hi @Lena

I apologize for the delay in my response. Please note that the reason for my delayed reply was that I was out of the office. I am sorry if this caused any inconvenience.

No worries, I completely understand you were out of the office, so you could not reply earlier. Thank you so much for your reply!

Regarding your ticket #11713619. I can see that our dedicated team will review your account and that you will be updated once they reach a decision. 

Thank you for checking this for me. Could you please confirm that the team reviewing my account would also check the photos I submitted both times to your automated verification system?

If yes, I am sure once your team sees those photos manually, they will see I submitted the correct information but due to some error, the automated system could not compare them properly.

• Up 1

@Lena Same is the issue with my account as well. My verification failed twice. I have spent last 11 years on Fiverr working hard to build my profile now because of this small bug I might lose my account. All my dedicated work and profile on Fiverr will go away. Please help us all here. Our verification can be done by a human, I am ready for the video verification as well.

• Sad 1
  • Up 1

Same is the issue with my account as well. My verification failed twice. I have spent last 11 years on Fiverr working hard to build my profile now because of this small bug I might lose my account. All my dedicated work and profile on Fiverr will go away. Please help us all here. Our verification can be done by a human, I am ready for the video verification as well.

@amazing_yogi Have they fixed your issue?

My account is still under review and I am not sure how much time they would take to review but I am sure once they review they will see that the information that I submitted twice is correct. But I am losing lots of my business and clients because of this bug/error in their automated system. I am not sure why in this advance era of artificial intelligence the automated system was not able to verify the correct information in photos.

• Up 1