All forum Clubs have been removed.

smartdezigns

5 minutes ago, fizur_bd said:

Is this happens before ?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

• If you're asking if that particular error has happened before, then that was the first time I'd seen it.
  • If you're asking if the removal of clubs has happened before, then no, not since the migration of the forum in '21.
  • If you're asking if the Fiverr staff has messed with the forum setting before, then yes, as that's the only way to tweak settings, since (from what I've read about Invision) there's no 'preview' option to test what things will look like before they are implemented.

If you're asking something that's not covered by the previous guesses, then you will need to clarify.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3

Does it mean anything that the "clubs" menu option has returned even though there are no clubs shown there and that there's an option there for "start a club" that is enabled?

Before (when this thread was created) they'd removed the "clubs" menu option/tab. Could this mean they could soon be re-instating some clubs or adding new ones?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3

Updating about my post above - according to Kesha's post on her profile they still haven't "solidified any plans" for the clubs yet and they're still closed (even though the options for "clubs" and  "post a club" are enabled right now). But they're still exploring ways to revisit clubs.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3
  • Up 2

• 1 month later...

Just tried logging into The Regulars Lounge and it keeps telling me I need to be logged in, but I am logged in. It's not showing up in my list of clubs either, even though the 'clubs' tab is still right there.

• Like 3

All the clubs were deleted and even the 'clubs tab' was removed a few months back. 

The tab is back on top of menu from last couple of weeks - so I suppose we can create new clubs from scratch. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, priyank_mod said:

so I suppose we can create new clubs from scratch. 

I assume even though the option is enabled to create clubs staff might delete them if one was created.

@Kesha said on her profile in 22nd March (when they the link to create clubs was enabled but none were shown there):

Clubs remain currently closed on the forum. Rest assured however that we are still actively exploring ways to revisit the concept of social clubs. We have not yet solidified any plans but I will be sure to update the community as soon as we do. Thanks!

so I assume we're still not allowed to create clubs unless Fiverr staff say something different, despite the options to create them showing.

• Like 4

I'm still upset about it.

On 5/16/2024 at 3:01 PM, priyank_mod said:

I suppose we can create new clubs from scratch. 

I could try to recreate it, but I'm still considering quitting, so what would be the point? Already I've barely spent any time on the forums in the last month.

"If you build your business on [social media], you are building your business on rented land."

Welp, same goes for creating clubs in the Fiverr forum, and someone made an executive decision to bulldoze en mass without bothering with an eviction notice. 

Fiverr's platform, Fiverr's rules.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Up 5

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

I could try to recreate it

Could they have changed the permissions on the clubs and not actually deleted them? If so, speaking to the right staff member about it might get some restored when they've decided about it.

Or would it give a "permissions" error if they've changed the permissions on the club (if someone without the right permissions tried to access it) rather than a "We could not find that topic." type of message (though one person got a request to log in rather than a "could not find that topic" message when trying to view a club)?

Maybe it could be discussed with the right staff member(s) what's happening with clubs. Since Kesha hasn't updated the forum about them very recently I assume there's no new decision from her about them.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Could they have changed the permissions on the clubs and not actually deleted them?

Don't know, and (at this time) don't care. We already know that Fiverr (as a publicly-traded business) doesn't care about many things, even if some specific staff assigned to the forums do care, and an iffy news and announcements history. Even so, those staff didn't care enough to alert before execution, not the forum at large, not within the clubs, not to the Regulars, and not (to my knowledge) to volunteer m0ds. 

3 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Maybe it could be discussed with the right staff member(s) what's happening with clubs

Who is the right staff member? 

If this actually exists, I've never seen it.

image.png.e7a1b69c24697b3677880c842dd03068.png

(Screenshot via wayback machine. From another thread that no longer exists.)

I've done my time. If Fiverr (as a business) doesn't care, why should I? Why make a new club if it's at risk of just being deleted again? 

• Like 6
  • Up 2

It seems that fiverr goes through cycles and sadly good times when it really felt that they were making an effort have finished. Now we are back to a dictator regime where forum users are not supposed to have their opinions and can only praise fiverr (or post “how to get orders”) otherwise they will be banned. They don’t even appreciate efforts of volunteer people that are helping them for free, and not even a thank you from fiverr. 

• Like 4
  • Up 5

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

Who is the right staff member? 

I don't know. I don't know which staff members are making the decisions about the clubs. Kesha replied when we asked about them I think but I don't know if she was the one or one of the ones who made/are making the decisions about them. Maybe it was a group decision by some staff. Maybe Lena or Yoav.M or milos_siena might know what's happening with clubs (if there's more info than what kesha said 2 months ago).

14 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

"If you build your business on [social media], you are building your business on rented land."

Maybe we could create other info/resources elsewhere (eg. in ebooks/books/other sites etc.) which, if clubs return could also be used there but if they get removed again there'd still be the resources elsewhere that could be earning.

This mentions Fiverr's slack channels:

Maybe things since Mjensen created that so they don't offer that option now. Since you're one you could ask Yoav or one of the others about that option to join their slack channel.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Since you're one you could ask Yoav or one of the others about that option to join their slack channel.

I did inquire about it, within the first month I was promoted (also without warning) back in Aug of '22. I never got a reply. Maybe this is petulant, but: If they actually wanted me there, I would have been invited. 

(Yes, I'm still upset about loosing the club. Yes, that is bleeding over into other areas, I'm aware. That's why I've been mostly staying away from the forums. You all don't deserve to face my continued grumpiness.)

• Like 6
  • Up 2

On 5/17/2024 at 12:01 AM, priyank_mod said:

so I suppose we can create new clubs from scratch. 

What will be the use of creating new clubs now? There will be no charm if we create one.

Earlier, we were doing well in that club (you know Regular...) but the decision of removing the club is still unjustified. :classic_sad:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

9 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

What will be the use of creating new clubs now? There will be no charm if we create one.

Earlier, we were doing well in that club (you know Regular...) but the decision of removing the club is still unjustified. :classic_sad:

From their POV - They weeded out every club included the ones which might have been in troubled waters. 

Its like kids doing extracurricular activities, they will build the sand castle again!! 🥲

• Like 3
  • Up 1

On 5/18/2024 at 12:07 PM, imagination7413 said:

I see that being the case with Fiverr, in general, not just the clubs. It's not so bad when lords are um humane, but it just doesn't feel that way.

• Like 2
  • Up 3

On 2/29/2024 at 5:44 PM, smartdezigns said:

@Kesha It's an off-topic question.

I am wondering that where is the "Club" Tab now? Has it been removed from the Forum? We had it previously next to the Forums tab. 

tabs.PNG.1d7c259e4513ecdf8993a3bd37c58737.PNG

I think it has been removed 

• Like 1