Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

4 hours ago, mati_serafini said:

I don't know. I just don't know what more I can do to improve nor what I'm doing wrong.

Don't get discouraged. I have completed 8 big orders since the update, got 5 star reviews and buyers contacted me asking if I can help them in other projects, yet my stats dropped. This new Success  Failure score is just a BS, they put random ratings for my gigs and random evaluations which don't make any sense regarding order cancellations or communication for example. I really hope they are working on it and it will be fixed until goes live and until it starts influencing our gig impressions and our income

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Have you noticed that the promoted gig feature is available only for level 1 sellers? (Note: I am a level 2 seller.)

My concern revolves around the fact that gig rotation can happen at any time, and despite it being the end of November, my gig remains on the last page for relevant keywords. During this time, the majority of my orders have come from promoted gigs. Although my success score was 4 last week, upon checking yesterday, it unexpectedly dropped to 3, despite receiving a 5-star review and several new orders within this period. I am unsure why this occurred. If my success score falls below 5, I risk dropping from level 2 to 0, losing access to the promoted gig feature. This would significantly impact my sales since my gig continues to linger on the last page due to gig rotation, despite consistently receiving positive reviews, new orders, and tips.

How can I strive to attain a higher level and secure new orders when my gig remains buried on the last page, especially considering the potential loss of the gig promotion feature if my level drops?

While I am content with the other parameters of the new level system, I urge for the promoted gig feature to be extended to sellers across all levels, from 0 to top-rated. Failing to do so will likely lead to detrimental consequences for many sellers.
@frank_d @Kesha 

• Like 6

18 hours ago, emmaki said:

You need to adapt. Fiverr's made it very clear that they're moving away from lower value buyers and sellers. The removal of Buyer Requests is definitely a part of that strategy. 

I never used Buyer Requests but I made sales. Does that mean my experience invalidates yours? No, but I'm not basing my whole argument around my own personal experience and dressing it up as concern for new sellers. I'm basing it around what Fiverr is actually doing and saying. 

Luckily, Fiverr has a handy list of gigs that don't have enough TRS-eligible sellers. If you have gigs in any of those categories and you're not being made TRS, that should tell you there's a problem with your overall profile. If you're not in any of those categories, then try making a gig for one of them (and be good at it, obviously).

New sellers can follow that exact same strategy - but it will only work if they actually have the skills to back the gig. However, a lot of new sellers read some "How I made $3,654 on Fiverr with this easy XYZ" articles and then complain when they don't get the same results or worse, get rejected from being a Fiverr seller at the first step. 

Consider one thing: Fiverr's making it harder for new sellers to join, actively disabling accounts that violate TOS, and probably losing a few sellers over this mess. You might not believe it, but for a talented new seller who takes the time to get everything right on their gigs and learn, it may be easier than ever to attract buyers and sell to them. This is especially true if they focus on categories that Fiverr is telling you are not served well. 

Don't forget the new seller algorithm boost, either. Just because the new review system is a diabolical shambles, it doesn't mean that the framework around it is, too. 

Unfortunately, more new sellers are likely to listen to you than they are to me. Never mind! 

maybe you didn't need buyer requests because competitions were low in 2013; When I joined in 2019 things changed. That doesn't make your service superior to anyone; you just had a first run.

Also, if my category doesn't have TRs, then let it be. I'm the best at what I do, and just for TRS, I will not change my services.

I may be second level, and all this removing other people will be good for me as my competition will be gone, but I never back down from calling what's wrong, wrong.

Also, if Fiverr only wants selected category buyers, they should disable sign-ups for those which are already filled.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, harperjohn said:

Fiverr should determine gig value by simple metrics. 

- reply time

- public rating

- conversion rate 

- delivery time 

- gig profile 

I'm relatively new on the platform, just like you. But this is too simplistic and I'm sure they pretty much had this system in place at some point of time, during the previous decade!!

Also, simpler-transparent systems are easier to manipulate for a lot of not-so-honest sellers!! And at the moment, there are way too many 5-star sellers in every category and it's almost impossible to differentiate between them, in order to identify and hire the right one. 

• Like 7

I've been with Fiverr for 10yrs, I've worked hard to maintain excellent marks across the board. But with this new level system...all my hard work has been flushed down the toilet. Your level system makes no sense and seems to penalize long time sellers. I've read many of the comments posted about your new system and there's not one positive comment in the bunch. 

Working with Fiverr has been a great experience...until now. I've enjoyed working with clients from all over the world but I find myself asking, "Why does Fiverr make things so difficult for the seller?" I've had enough of jumping through your hoops....trying to follow your rules that seem to constantly change. 

I've had enough. I'm frustrated and disappointed. Maybe Fiverr will grow a brain and dump their new level system...but I doubt it.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eclixo said:

maybe you didn't need buyer requests because competitions were low in 2013; When I joined in 2019 things changed. That doesn't make your service superior to anyone; you just had a first run.

Also, if my category doesn't have TRs, then let it be. I'm the best at what I do, and just for TRS, I will not change my services.

I may be second level, and all this removing other people will be good for me as my competition will be gone, but I never back down from calling what's wrong, wrong.

Also, if Fiverr only wants selected category buyers, they should disable sign-ups for those which are already filled.

Sure, the platform was smaller, but there were still plenty of sellers complaining about a lack of sales, not being made TRS, and all that good stuff. Rather than try to persuade you, I'm just going to prove it with posts from the time.

(These are not interesting threads to read, btw)

There are plenty more - you can find them using the Forums own search and browsing features. Oh, here's another classic Fiverr complaint: Why doesn't Fiverr show me in their results anymore? This is a disgrace!

Getting orders without using BR doesn't make me superior, just as it doesn't make people who used it inferior, but if that's how you choose to view it, cool. 

I didn't use it because it was 99% trash offers and, for $5 when I already had work on other platforms, it wasn't worth my time. I just came to Fiverr when I got my orders, and everything grew from there. When orders are low here today, I work on my own projects away from Fiverr. 

All categories have TRS. I just told you that Fiverr recently introduced a list of categories where Fiverr needs more TRS and suggested you find it to see if you're in those categories or if there are any opportunities out there. 

I spent most of last week yelling about this. I've made entire posts about Fiverr huge flaws, particularly with regard to its overreliance on AI and gamification. You appear to be annoyed because you can't be a TRS, but you also don't appear to be particularly interested in checking the resources available to you to increase your chance of getting TRS or even seeing if you can optimize it.

Grumbling about how easier you think it was for people to get started in 2013 and how people who didn't use BR is superior are not going to get you anywhere. All of that is in the past. 

Agree that disabling signups where they are not needed would be a  good idea. However, I suspect Fiverr is using AI to decide who can and cannot sell on their marketplace and still needs new (good) talent. The obvious solution for new sellers is to do a lot of research before they make their first gig and make sure that it's something that Fiverr is actively looking for, not just another "easy gig".

You could get away with that in 2013, but not anymore. 

EDIT: This is from 2014. I don't know what happened to this dude, but he had a good attitude. 

image.png.b319bd497424302cc20b3e60629e1560.png

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 12
  • Up 1

Hi. 

Another very strange thing I would like to add here is an unexplainable fall in "response rate." Just yesterday I qualified. Today my response rate is 75% and the metrics is "in progress." The thing is, I did not see any new message that I should respond to. Nothing in the inbox, no email alert... The only message I did not reply to was an ongoing order chat when I messaged a client I made progress with the order and I will finish it soon. The client answered "thank you." An ongoing conversation should not be part of the response rate metrics, this just doesn't make sense and I think it is another proof that the new system just doesn't work.

• Like 7
  • Up 2

I am sure it will be published soon. I didn't rush to check it out myself, I know it will be available in a few days anyway. But if someone attended, were there any new pieces of information we have from that webinar? Or it's exactly the same stuff as last week's?

• Like 6

I just checked the thing in my email and it turns out that the 26th was shudder an AMA. There's another one on the 28th.

I will be giving the next a wide berth, having had to m*d a Fiverr AMA on Reddit. 

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

someone attended, were there any new pieces of information we have from that webinar? Or it's exactly the same stuff as last week's?

There have been 2 webinar versions as far as I can tell:

New freelancer levels, more transparency (last week)

Ask Me Anything: New Level System (today)

They were pretty similar but the key takeaways for me from both were:

- Cancelations that are included in the SS but shouldn't be are being looked into/solved

- Some account flagging was incorrect and again being looked into/solved

- SS / positioning is relative to other sellers

- Revisions/extensions don't automatically harm your score, the system is clever and knows when they're for a good reason and when they're not.

• Like 8
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

There have been 2 webinar versions as far as I can tell:

New freelancer levels, more transparency (last week)

Ask Me Anything: New Level System (today)

They were pretty similar but the AMA reiterated/stated that:

- Cancelations that are included in the SS but shouldn't be are being looked into/solved

- Some account flagging was incorrect and again being looked into/solved

- SS is relative to other sellers

- Revisions/extensions don't automatically harm your score, the system is clever and knows when they're for a good reason and when they're not.

The same information that they told in the previous Webinars? What is the meaning of Ask me Anything then?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, imtiazgfx said:

The same information that they told in the previous Webinars? What is the meaning of Ask me Anything then?

Similar, not identical.

I think the webinar took us through the new level system.

The AMA aimed to cover a lot of the popular questions that it caused.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

This is the part that scares me the most... We've already seen how clever Fiverr's mighty AI is... 

• Like 12

Just now, williambryan392 said:

Similar, not identical.

I think the webinar took us through the new level system.

The AMA aimed to cover a lot of the popular questions that it caused.

Did they mentioned anything new after all?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Hmm, so they know if a person replies with a revision saying all good :)) Well, I can only assume they penalize people when there are many revisions, and if the order takes a long time to complete. But if it's just a revision or two at most, I don't think it should/will affect sellers. I had a few revisions last week, very minor stuff, one was a bit more extensive and I needed a few days, but as far as I can see it didn't affect my score. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, maitasun said:

This is the part that scares me the most... We've already seen how clever Fiverr's mighty AI is... 

Yeah.. I wish they would actually say what's ok and what is not ok revision and extension-wise. Instead of leaving things for AI to judge....

• Like 7
  • Up 2

9 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Revisions/extensions don't automatically harm your score, the system is clever and knows when they're for a good reason and when they're not.

I think the concept of "false positives" is important here. Fiverr can't really do much about that except use humans to look at results, which costs money (and can only be kickstarted through querying CS, probably).

There was never going to be any new information, simply because q's were just going to revolve around the same subjects with the same answers from the Q&A during the original session. 

But if someone has a recording I can make a transcript again. 

• Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, emmaki said:

I think the concept of "false positives" is important here. Fiverr can't really do much about that except use humans to look at results, which costs money (and can only be kickstarted through querying CS, probably).

There was never going to be any new information, simply because q's were just going to revolve around the same subjects with the same answers from the Q&A during the original session. 

But if someone has a recording I can make a transcript again. 

Yeah I am also looking for that. They will post this webinar after 4-5 days I think. Very slow in posting these.

• Like 6

In that case I'm screwed.
I have an order under review 20 days ago, the customer went on vacation and will review it when he returns, although I have already made all the corrections. I sent him the final files. He asked for a correction only to say he would review it later. Let's hope Fiverr punishes buyers. This has never happened to me in 10 years. And it happens to me right now with this new system #$%"&(/)#

In reality it doesn't matter anymore, maybe they're going to demote me to level 0 and I can't fall any lower.

Edited by leonormiserol
  • Like 7

The webinars (in general) are just fodder for content marketing and not particularly useful in my opinion. The few I've seen lately all seem to be ways to use ChatGPT that were last innovative a year ago. OTOH, Fiverr is sharing this information at a time when more and more buyers on freelance platforms are noticing how robotic freelancers are starting to sound.

The webinars for the new thing are really a corporate exercise in listening.... 

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 9