Things that can help you become a successful seller on Fiverr.

There's always Fiverr with a dedicated seller. If you can do any work properly. But this article will be useful for those who are not getting any work from Fiverr. Nowadays many unqualified people open accounts as sellers on Fiverr. So a buyer cannot easily come to a right seller. If you think you are a real seller then you need to present yourself as accurately as you can. Below I will outline some rules that can help you become the right seller.

1. Present what you do best. It is very important to make sure that you can actually do the work.
  2. You should definitely use a video during gig creation. Make the video your own and describe your work. Remember that your video should not be longer than 75 seconds and the file size should be under 50 mb. There are some guidelines for uploading videos on Fiverr which you must adhere to when making videos.

3. The more concise you can be in your job description, the better for you. Fiverr doesn't allow more than 1,200 characters, so you need to be extra careful here to make your description short and catchy.

4. I think one of the biggest reasons for not getting work is not setting up pricing correctly. Remember that the buyer will buy from the one who will give good service and will get it at a slightly lower price than others.

I hope these points above will help you become a successful seller.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Up 3

1 hour ago, shamim_gorib said:

But this article will be useful for those who are not getting any work from Fiverr. Nowadays many unqualified people open accounts as sellers on Fiverr. So a buyer cannot easily come to a right seller. If you think you are a real seller then you need to present yourself as accurately as you can. B

You wrote THIS ARTICLE, all by yourself?? 

Why so?

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Up 5

1 hour ago, shamim_gorib said:

If you think you are a real seller then you need to present yourself as accurately as you can. Below I will outline some rules that can help you become the right seller.

1. I think one of the biggest reasons for not getting work is not setting up pricing correctly. Remember that the buyer will buy from the one who will give good service and will get it at a slightly lower price than others.

Wait.. Wait.. How do you know these things when you have made zero sales since November 2022 on Fiverr yet? :classic_huh: I think you should focus on yourself first!

• Like 7
  • Haha 10
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, shamim_gorib said:

Present what you do best. It is very important to make sure that you can actually do the work.

You gig has presented website templates as if they were your own, there is no visual proof that you can design a website, so you're not delivering on what you advise on 

You should definitely use a video during gig creation. Make the video your own and describe your work. Remember that your video should not be longer than 75 seconds and the file size should be under 50 mb. There are some guidelines for uploading videos on Fiverr which you must adhere to when making videos.

Your profile does not have a video. So you're not delivering what you advise on

The more concise you can be in your job description, the better for you. Fiverr doesn't allow more than 1,200 characters, so you need to be extra careful here to make your description short and catchy.

You gig descriptions. is a repetitive list that is seen on 99% of gigs. It's not catchy!  You have not delivered on what you advise on

I think one of the biggest reasons for not getting work is not setting up pricing correctly. Remember that the buyer will buy from the one who will give good service and will get it at a slightly lower price than others.

As a website designer,  I have no idea what your pricing strategy is. I have no idea why you would start with 3 pages and not a landing page. You also offer unlimited revisions without any experience on Fiverr.  This is a big mistake.  You have not delivered on what you advise about. 

So what's the point of posting if you don't do it yourself?  I suggest you read this post, and only add advice when you have the experience to do so. 

• Like 10
  • Up 9

This is not the first time I have seen this kind of topic made by sellers with few sales (or new forum users), but I cannot figure out what's the purpose of doing that.
Seems like they read or watched a video of someone telling them "If you do that, you'll get exposure on Fiverr and exposure means money".

I'm really curious, @shamim_gorib can you please tell me why you decided to open this topic?
Also, if you read somewhere on the internet that this is a good thing to do, can you please share the source?

Thanks!

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Up 4

2 hours ago, shamim_gorib said:

If you have any opinion contrary to my opinion, please let me know. Thanks,Screenshot_8.png.f9c7c1e64a329726f60fd903fc1d890a.png

Those are test results.  Not a sign of experience or expertise in your field.   I have a swimming certificate from when I was 10 years old.  I am not about to swim the Atlantic to America. 

To add value to the forum, you should be posting from YOUR experience. Not what you have read other people doing. Otherwise you have no way of validating what you have said. 

• Like 8
  • Up 9

3 hours ago, edc_lab said:

Seems like they read or watched a video of someone telling them "If you do that, you'll get exposure on Fiverr and exposure means money".

Well, there's a YouTube video saved to the bookmark bar that starts with "Freelancing With Hi..."

3 hours ago, edc_lab said:

Also, if you read somewhere on the internet that this is a good thing to do, can you please share the source?

I would like to know the source of this information too.

@shamim_gorib, if you want to have credibility, you need two things.

1. you need to cite your sources of information. You did link the Fiverr Help Center in your second point. Why didn't you do that for the other points?
  2. if you do NOT have a source to cite, you need to demonstrate and prove that the advice is valid. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method 
  • Like 12
  • Up 1

49 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

@smartdezigns Did you notice?? 🙈

Yes I did :classic_rolleyes:.. but do you think these test skills have been helpful for him in getting orders? He has gotten zero order..

Also, he just came back to do freelancing on Fiverr this year (according to him).. I already have guided him but still he is considering himself as a superior :classic_ninja: Feeling sorry for him :classic_mellow:

• Like 7
  • Up 4

7 hours ago, shamim_gorib said:

There's always Fiverr with a dedicated seller. If you can do any work properly. But this article will be useful for those who are not getting any work from Fiverr. Nowadays many unqualified people open accounts as sellers on Fiverr. So a buyer cannot easily come to a right seller. If you think you are a real seller then you need to present yourself as accurately as you can. Below I will outline some rules that can help you become the right seller.

1. Present what you do best. It is very important to make sure that you can actually do the work.
  2. You should definitely use a video during gig creation. Make the video your own and describe your work. Remember that your video should not be longer than 75 seconds and the file size should be under 50 mb. There are some guidelines for uploading videos on Fiverr which you must adhere to when making videos.

3. The more concise you can be in your job description, the better for you. Fiverr doesn't allow more than 1,200 characters, so you need to be extra careful here to make your description short and catchy.

4. I think one of the biggest reasons for not getting work is not setting up pricing correctly. Remember that the buyer will buy from the one who will give good service and will get it at a slightly lower price than others.

I hope these points above will help you become a successful seller.

Alright bro! First of all Change your English language to conversational from Fluent. Smh🤦‍♂️

• Like 8
  • Up 3

3 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Yes I did :classic_rolleyes:.. but do you think these test skills have been helpful for him in getting orders? He has gotten zero order..

Totally agree.💯

At broader scale in life, professional multi-year degrees don't add much to an individual's capabilities except for providing them with a pedestal to step into the corporate world!!

And here we just have these tests which people often manipulate and manage to earn the profile badge; much like the infamous Udemy course which was being discussed on another thread!! 🫠

• Like 10

10 hours ago, shamim_gorib said:

Remember that your video should not be longer than 75 seconds

This is wrong! When I submitted my 65-second video, Fiverr would not take it until it was edited to 59 seconds.

3 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

Did you notice?? 🙈

Besides what @imagination7413 noticed, I see there is a Google translate tab open as well as a BN to Eng and an Eng to BN tab open.  

Also, as a teacher, I would consider all but one of OP's test scores to be barely passing. Especially his HTML score! That is almost failing. Please tell me he does not offer HTML services. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 11
  • Up 2

39 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Also, as a teacher, I would consider all but one of OP's test scores to be barely passing. Especially his HTML score! That is almost failing. Please tell me he does not offer HTML services

Though he's in the top 30% for the HTML5 test so it's shows out of all the people who did the test he's one of the top ones. In another test he's in the top 20% which is also a good score compared to those who took it. Though as the forum rules say we shouldn't put down sellers we shouldn't really be criticising their test scores if we haven't done the same tests and don't know how difficult they were really. Though the tests aren't that important (except the mandatory tests) now that they don't show the scores on our profile page.

39 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

This is wrong! When I submitted my 65-second video, Fiverr would not take it until it was edited to 59 seconds.

Though that's more or less what Fiverr says is the limit in the gallery page. it says (I assume when they say shorter they mean <= rather than <).

Please choose a video shorter than 75 seconds and smaller than 50MB

There are gigs that are more than 59 secs. eg. these are 2 screenshots from gigs videos created this year showing the time barfiverr-video-from-2024-that-is-over-1-minute-long.jpg.ebf269ece4baea96774c4ae0c9e9920c.jpg

fiverr-pro-gig-video-from-2024-over-1-min-long.jpg.3e38a2fff8fc25a36508f77a3da01597.jpg:

The 2nd one is a Pro gig which is a bit over the 75 sec limit. Maybe yours that was more than a minute might have been over the file size limit (50 MB) for videos.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6

@uk1000 and @shamim_gorib Here is a screenshot of the reply from CS when I asked why I could not upload my profile video. It looks like gig videos may be different because when I first started on Fiverr 6 years ago, I did have a gig video that was longer. However, when it became outdated, I deleted it. 

Screenshot2024-01-26at11_57_13AM.png.606dc0cf59bad9ed0331364dd48ae60f.png

22 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Though he's in the top 30% for the HTML5 test so it's shows out of all the people who did the test he's one of the top ones.

Being in the top 30 percent of a group of sellers who did poorly on the test is not something to be proud of. Would you want a doctor to do surgery on you who understands 60% of what they were taught?

In another test he's in the top 20% which is also a good score

I said,  "I would consider all but one of OP's test scores to be barely passing." That was the one score. In the educational world, that is considered a B-. A 60% is considered a D- and 59% and below is considered an F. My evaluations were based on those criteria.

Though as the forum rules say we shouldn't put down seller

Stating facts is not the same as putting people down. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1

10 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I said,  "I would consider all but one of OP's test scores to be barely passing." That was the one score. In the educational world, that is considered a B-. A 60% is considered a D- and 59% and below is considered an F. My evaluations were based on those criteria.

That's the american system. In europe, anything over 50% is a passing grade.

However, on Fiverr, given how easy and basic the tests are, I'd say 90% is the passing grade.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Being in the top 30 percent of a group of sellers who did poorly on the test is not something to be proud of. Would you want a doctor to do surgery on you who understands 60% of what they were taught?

It might have been a badly created test. Some of those tests weren't that great or that accurate. If most of the people who did the test were web experts it might not be a well-created test. What I'd want is a seller who can do the gig well (that might not necessarily mean perfect scores in the test). eg. some tests ask questions about specific things about software that could easily be seen by using the menu in the software, but might not easily be remembered. Some tests might be asking about how words are spelt, but that's not that important if the writer with a gig is using a checker for it. Lots of sellers in the old profiles didn't make their test results visible either so their test scores couldn't be checked. So perfect scores might not necessarily be necessary for some tests when deciding to go with a particular seller. Though we can't see the scores on public profiles now anyway.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

4 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

It might have been a badly created test.

I agree. In addition, I have heard that most of the tests are available online, so if a seller wants to cheat, they could. Therefore, the tests are not that helpful in any regard.  

8 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

That's the american system. In europe, anything over 50% is a passing grade.

Given what I know about how challenging the educational system is in Japan, I wonder what Japan's passing score is.

9 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

However, on Fiverr, given how easy and basic the tests are, I'd say 90% is the passing grade.

I only took the English proficiency test so I could qualify to offer the services I do, and it was pretty easy, but I see where it would be a challenge for non-native speakers.  Did you take the English test @visualstudios

• Like 6

On 1/26/2024 at 5:48 AM, edc_lab said:

This is not the first time I have seen this kind of topic made by sellers with few sales (or new forum users), but I cannot figure out what's the purpose of doing that.

I'm really curious, @shamim_gorib can you please tell me why you decided to open this topic?

Please check out the free course on Fiverr. I have referenced information from this course.
https://learn.fiverr.com/courses/online-freelancing-essentials-be-a-successful-fiverr-seller

Screenshot_1d.png.b52343d4c7e3834a38ccf2f0a10b5cb8.png

On 1/26/2024 at 9:01 AM, imagination7413 said:

Well, there's a YouTube video saved to the bookmark bar that starts with "Freelancing With Hi..."

I would like to know the source of this information too.

@shamim_gorib, if you want to have credibility, you need two things.

1. you need to cite your sources of information. You did link the Fiverr Help Center in your second point. Why didn't you do that for the other points?
  2. if you do NOT have a source to cite, you need to demonstrate and prove that the advice is valid. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method 

Please check out the free course on Fiverr. I have referenced information from this course. https://learn.fiverr.com/courses/online-freelancing-essentials-be-a-successful-fiverr-seller 

What I said about the video is mentioned in this link.
https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010451657-Adding-a-Video-to-your-Gig

hh.png.c1c2fc76cb64c06130144a741b16504d.pngScreenshot_1d.png.b52343d4c7e3834a38ccf2f0a10b5cb8.png

• Like 6
  • Up 1

22 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

In addition, I have heard that most of the tests are available online, so if a seller wants to cheat, they could. Therefore, the tests are not that helpful in any regard.  

They could still be useful for buyers I think if they were consistently shown on the public profiles of each seller and if it was much harder for sellers to cheat with them. Fiverr could design their own tests that were really hard to cheat with and maybe make more tests mandatory to show on profiles if they are relevant (eg. things like the tests that check words are spelt ok but don't allow for checker use would be a bad option as it wouldn't be how people would work when writing in an actual order).

• Like 5
  • Up 1