What is best way to cancel an order?

oymusafir

Question

19 answers to this question

3 hours ago, oymusafir said:

What if Fiverr CS cancel our order buyer can still leave review? or not?

I don't know exactly. But the order is still canceled, so I assume he can review it. After all, it's like the buyer canceled it himself, but he asked CS to do it. As I said, I don't have exact knowledge about this because I don't cancel orders these days. The only ones that I did cancel were due to people asking for stuff against the TOS or just ordering by mistake, and those are protected from any cancellation reviews. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

4 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

The only ones that I did cancel were due to people asking for stuff

Actually my order was canceled by fiverr CS last week but i didn't received any bad review from Buyer maybe he forget or maybe Fiverr didn't allow as he was requesting for cancel i was declining it that's why i asked this question

• Like 3

5 hours ago, oymusafir said:

Actually my order was canceled by fiverr CS last week but i didn't received any bad review from Buyer maybe he forget or maybe Fiverr didn't allow as he was requesting for cancel i was declining it that's why i asked this question

It's hard to know if they can leave a public review or not if CS cancels. I assume they can and they just didn't care to do it. But I saw people that had their order canceled and they got a bad review. I don't know, ideally you want to avoid cancellations as much as possible, as they can be very bad for business.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

ideally you want to avoid cancellations as much as possible,

yes I mostly do meeting with costumer or send them video tutorials after they like my work then I tell them to place order. that was a scammer who just get work and without any reason start canceling order

• Like 3

The cancellation should not come from the seller. 

Make sure you ask all the necessary questions before sending an offer. Also write as many details as you can in your offer description. 
This way if the buyer requests you to do things you did not agree to, you will be protected by Fiverr Support.

Also, make sure you always take orders that you are confident you can complete on time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, oymusafir said:

What if Fiverr CS cancel our order buyer can still leave review? or not?

I just went through a cancellation. Fiverr CS will not cancel the order for you. They want you to use the resolution center to cancel the order and then contact them to adjust your stats. 

When I contacted CS about reviews on canceled orders, here is their reply.

It does not matter who requests a cancelation and this does not affect the order's eligibility for the review to be left. Only under the following specific circumstances, the canceled order is eligible for a buyer to leave a review on it:

• Order is late
  • The seller didn’t respond to the buyer’s inquiries or requests for more than 24 hours during the order
  • A delivery was provided to the buyer to complete the order

We also added safeguards to make sure the review option is not misused. In the following cases, customers will not be able to leave a review:

• First-time buyers who purchased for the first time in the marketplace.
  • Buyers that have a dual seller account.
  • Orders that were canceled with a chargeback.

In regard to the buyer being able to leave a private review, buyers are not able to leave a private review on canceled orders.

• Like 5
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

A delivery was provided to the buyer to complete the order

that's problem it's good option but as well not good for seller if he found any scammer.

2 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

First-time buyers who purchased for the first time in the marketplace.

hmm this make sense

• Like 3