Improvements to our availability feature

Noam.Arik

On 9/22/2023 at 4:01 AM, farhan_editz said:

But who actually is going to take an extended vacation of more than 30 days to be honest one/two weeks is enough for me. 

A fair observation if you’re not planning on breaking a bone, catching Covid, experiencing a death in the family, a huge move across several states, etc. etc. etc. 

I don’t see any reason why freelancers should be punished if they have to take more than 30 days in any stretch of time. When you’re not available, you don’t show up in search. When you are available and ready to work again, you should show back up as usual. 

Flexibility is one huge reason we love freelancing. If I wanted to be punished for needing time off, I’d go back to work for the government. 🤣

It’s a good start, not to sound ungrateful. But we’re professional adults here, running our businesses as we need or want to run them. I still say there’s no need to be negatively impacted even if someone does have to (or want to) take that much time off. 

• Like 17

On 9/23/2023 at 11:16 AM, digitalavinash said:

I am following so called Fiverr forum expert, that always told (in forum) not necessary to be online to get order. But reality it oposite of it. You need to be owl.

You don't need to be an owl. Just a reponsible freelancer. I tend to receive most messages and orders when I am not online, like most people here. Being active has nothing to do with getting orders. It's a waste of time if you just refresh the page and do nothing else. If you have Fiverr open and you're also working on your skills sure. But let's face it, Fiverr focuses on important factors like previous reviews, cancellations, late deliveries, the fact that you are online or not is irrelevant when it comes to where you appear in search. But if you want to waste your day and night trying to stay online all the time, don't let us stop you 🙂

• Like 19
  • Up 3

I'm very happy this update has been made!  I wonder though, what about the sellers that are currently suffering a negative affect after using the availability feature?   I set my gigs "Unavailable" from Aug 16th-Aug 21st because my first child was being born. I should have taken more time off, but as Fiverr is my full time job (it has been for almost 2 years, so I was doing quite well) I was afraid of what would happen to my business by going unavailable.   Well, I was sitting at anywhere from 9k-11k impressions a week before using the availability feature, and in the month I've been back, I haven't gone higher than 2k. My business is near failing now and all I did was take 5 days off. It seems like Fiverr's algorithm is punishing me for using an offered feature. 

• Like 12

Just now, woolclock said:

I'm very happy this update has been made!  I wonder though, what about the sellers that are currently suffering a negative affect after using the availability feature?   I set my gigs "Unavailable" from Aug 16th-Aug 21st because my first child was being born. I should have taken more time off, but as Fiverr is my full time job (it has been for almost 2 years, so I was doing quite well) I was afraid of what would happen to my business by going unavailable.   Well, I was sitting at anywhere from 9k-11k impressions a week before using the availability feature, and in the month I've been back, I haven't gone higher than 2k. My business is near failing now and all I did was take 5 days off. It seems like Fiverr's algorithm is punishing me for using an offered feature. 

First Congratulation that your son has born. 

• Like 14

I'm all for people agreeing or disagreeing about what this new update means. I myself am sitting on the fence. That's the purpose of a forum.

But for the love of sanity, why are people dumping their gigs into this chat in the hope that the amount of readers/comments will bring them more sales?   3 people in the last hour clearly haven't read the rules and think they have a free reign to spam a topic. 

Come on guys!  Play nicely! 

• Like 20
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, greystorm2 said:

A fair observation if you’re not planning on breaking a bone, catching Covid, experiencing a death in the family, a huge move across several states, etc. etc. etc. 

I don’t see any reason why freelancers should be punished if they have to take more than 30 days in any stretch of time. When you’re not available, you don’t show up in search. When you are available and ready to work again, you should show back up as usual. 

Flexibility is one huge reason we love freelancing. If I wanted to be punished for needing time off, I’d go back to work for the government. 🤣

It’s a good start, not to sound ungrateful. But we’re professional adults here, running our businesses as we need or want to run them. I still say there’s no need to be negatively impacted even if someone does have to (or want to) take that much time off. 

These days, freelancers are just working like zombies for these platforms. They don't want you to ever take a break. If you do, you get punished. Doesn't sound like "freelancing" at all. 

• Like 13

35 minutes ago, woolclock said:

Welcome to Freelancing. LOL

• Like 15

Well, I read from the first page to this current page. Keep the "Sounds good and this is a great update" coming guys. We will surely get to 200 pages.

All I can say for now is that I will take the "new update" with a pinch of salt. In the past, we were told that taking a vacation doesn't affect ranking and sales, but it did (gravely).

• Like 13