Buyer want to cancel the order after receiving the complete design.

shanzapervez

Question

Hi there, 

The buyer ordered a double-sided flyer for his dental services. I designed two samples for him to choose one. Both of the designs were according to his instructions and brand identity. He liked the second design and asked me to do a few simple revisions, I delivered the order again with revised flyers now he is back after 40 days asking me to cancel the order. What should I do? 

• Like 20
  • Sad 8

25 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, jones4k said:

Sorry to hear that. Did they tell you reason?

He requested a revision about a small change and I edited the flyer. I made those changes, but he is now saying it wasted his time, please cancel the order. I am going to make another version of his request edit and going to deliver him again. 

• Like 16
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

33 minutes ago, shanzapervez said:

I am waiting for his response. I told him that I can not cancel the order, I put time and effort into the project.  

In addition, you should also mention a refund policy on your services (FAQs). It will help you in dealing future requests. Buyer satisfaction should be first priority. It will also help buyers to set "expectations" that when they can ask for refund and under which conditions refunds is not possible. 

Edited by aishdesigner
  • Like 18
  • Up 4

2 minutes ago, aishdesigner said:

In addition, you should also mention a refund policy on your services (FAQs). It will help you in dealing future requests. Buyer satisfaction should be first priority. It will also help buyers to set "expectations" that when they can ask for refund and under what conditions refunds is not possible. 

Yeah, you are right. Will update my FAQs. thank you

• Like 17
  • Up 1

27 minutes ago, shanzapervez said:

Update: The buyer said, if you can do extra work under this order and price, design another brochure, I will not cancel the order.  It means I have to do more work for him to avoid cancellation. Should I accept his offer?  

Contact Customer Support, explain your situation, and attach a screenshot of that conversation. Where the client told you to do free work.

• Like 15

Too sad. Just do what they say to protect your account. 

1 hour ago, shanzapervez said:

Update: The buyer said, if you can do extra work under this order and price, design another brochure, I will not cancel the order.  It means I have to do more work for him to avoid cancellation. Should I accept his offer?  

• Like 12
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, shanzapervez said:

It depends on you and if you want to perform the extra work, how much it takes, etc. 

• Like 14

Buyer responded back after 87 days and asked for a new brochure design. I contacted customer support and they helped me to communicate with the buyer and now he is asking for extra work. Should i do the extra work and complete the order but there is no certainty that buyer will give ma good review. Should i go with the order cancellation? 

• Like 8