Important Update: Some canceled orders now qualify for buyer reviews

Shiran.M

21 minutes ago, nicks_voice said:

It’s unfortunate. I don’t usually come here to complain, I’m busy with orders and am very happy with the outlet I’m provided here, but this update definitely took me by surprise.

While it is very buyer-centric, this still creates a lot of new problems for buyers too which in turn affects Fiverr.

1)  More sellers rejecting cancellations - it’ll be the same outcome anyway, except if you don’t cancel, you still receive your money. I can see this being a super bad experience on the Buyers end.

2) Buyer ratings tank - any buyers who cancel will most likely be receiving a bad review from the seller too, making it difficult for them to order from sellers who do their due-dilligence. I had one bad experience purchasing from a seller on eBay, I gave them a negative review and they replied with the same, haven’t shopped there since, I can see how the same would apply here. 

3) Picky sellers - some paranoid folk will definitely start turning their gig to request-only mode / question buyers a lot more and accept less briefs- drop in sales for them (and in turn, Fiverr).

Theoretically, I don’t really see a benefit for anyone here, this update was made to combat a very specific group of bad actors who don’t deliver what they advertise. There’s definitely ways to handle this (reporting, private reviews, data from fiverrs end etc…) that can be used to suspend these specific individuals rather than a platform-wide change.

For me it’s not about the honest reviews, I have plenty of less-than-stellar reviews, it’s about providing scammers and bad actors no risk for cancelling orders just to get the work for free.

I do very good on this platform, and I’m super thankful for it, but I want to see it improve, and the only way to do that is with feedback from those who use it. 

I do agree with you. Not good for the future.
I pay the Seller Plus membership and promoting. Now I will think twice to continue.

• Like 19

Just now, nunulka said:

I pay the Seller Plus membership and promoting. Now I will think twice to continue.

I canceled it few days ago, fiverr asisted  guy who was even rude to me 

• Like 19

4 minutes ago, nunulka said:

I'm not saying we should drop everything and leave, of course we have to see the effect these changes even have. I'm more just stating a hypothesis and my honest thoughts so Fiverr's team can use it in some capacity.

• Like 17

One more thing I have sometimes client who order directly and write maybe just 3 words in the requirements, which is not enough so I can complete the gig. I do ask but they dont reply and I cant to complete the work. Therefore I ask to cancel the order in this case. I will then get punished too.

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, hashcyber said:

I got very disturbed because I already face the issue. There was a new buyer on Fiverr,  I worked for him one and half month, he didn't give me proper requirements, he gave me simple requirements I thought that he want these features, so I started working for him later on he gave more and more requirements which weren't possible because they weren't discussed and he was teasing me a lot, after sometime, I thought that this order isn't giving me value also I'm losing my attention and interest in other orders as well, I mutually cancelled the order and also provided him the product just to continue my work with professional buyers which were in queue now I'm imagining that what If I got these kind of buyers who submit the requirements blindly and then realized that they have many other requirements what would happen in the future. I'm very disturbed. I don't have a single negative review but now I'm thinking that I will get twice 60 days. and mostly customers place order without messages and in requirements form they put .....

Yes, I understand your bad luck with that new and unprofessional buyers who got you in trouble, Because everyone know how is it difficult to fulfill the requirements from buyers need. So, tell me one a thing about the cancelation of your order, Can fiverr decrease the gig value on behalf of order cancelation? 

• Like 18

Just now, hashirbhatti44 said:

Yes, I understand your bad luck with that new and unprofessional buyers who got you in trouble, Because everyone know how is it difficult to fulfill the requirements from buyers need. So, tell me one a thing about the cancelation of your order, Can fiverr decrease the gig value on behalf of order cancelation? 

Yes they do it, and it decreases around 20% right away

• Like 18

Oh! that's horrific! again a Perfect "LOSE / LOSE / LOSE" situation for the sellers. they are treating sellers like absolute worthless rubbish and treating buyers like a god.

I was reading the TOS, many questions coming to my mind, and thinking who wrote this one?! fiverr gone mad or let a narcissistic buyer to write it?! 

I love working here, but to me and 99% seller will agree, that this is a wrong move from fiverr for absolutely no good reason.

here's some scenario happened to me:
1- (blind) Buyer ordering with submitting requirements that is not related to the gig package without reading what the gig is about
now,  if i cancel the order because of this accidental order, buyer gets to leave a review anyway.
WOW! HORRIFIC!

2- (narcissistic dishonest godless) Buyers orders > after delivery without any feedback on what's wrong > ask to cancel order. go to support and 
Fiverr : don't argue with them or you will get your account banned. 

you cancel:  wasted days and hours of time working on the project for FREE, buyer gets to leave a bad review anyway. (LOSE , LOSE, LOSE)

you don't cancel when buyers threatens to leave a bad feedback: buyer complete the order and leave a bad review for no good reason.

go to support and see what they say: 
"Buyers leaves feedback based on the experience they had within the order"
WOW! 

I'm left speechless.

another one i saw is that "you cannot disagree with working with anyone" that would mean you are being disrespectful, hateful towards someone that are belonging to a specific group, even if you weren't. absolute hostile!

Fiverr, you just need to give a little bit push to just kill the sellers that are in comma right now:
- Increase the fee rate from 20% to 50%
- just as you're charging fee if the tip was a honest tip below $20 or just $5, increase the fee on the tip 20% to 50%
_ every seller needs at least 10 buyers approval when they request for withdrawal

- a button for the buyers on their screen to vote for banning the seller

🙈🙉🙊

Edited by arifursdev
more information
  • Like 21
  • Up 2

Nice to see all these comments... 

This new option seems made to make sellers communicate more with customers and not deliver late orders... If you're complaining about this change, it could mean that you are one of those sellers who doesn't communicate and deliver often late orders... and it will make unhappy customers ....

• Like 17
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, venonusa said:

This new option seems made to make sellers communicate more with customers and not deliver late orders... If you're complaining about this change, it could mean that you are one of those sellers who doesn't communicate and deliver often late orders... and it will make unhappy customers ....

Whats your point, or  you are here collecting points for your forum profile?

• Like 21

12 minutes ago, oskars25 said:

Whats your point, or  you are here collecting points for your forum profile?

Since I'm already a GrandMaster I don't need extra point to increase my forum rank... Maybe you need? But please increase your points by helping people and not by quoting people just to waste time.

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, venonusa said:

Since I'm already a GrandMaster I don't need extra point to increase my forum rank... Maybe you need? But please increase your points by helping people and not by quoting people just to waste time.

Sorry it hurts you, but you made a random comment without any sense.

• Like 20

40 minutes ago, venonusa said:

It's just funny how you are the only one saying this is a good change. There is no point in arguing as you will realize how bad it is once it will start affecting you. 🤣

• Like 20

5 minutes ago, oskars25 said:

Sorry it hurts you, but you made a random comment without any sense.

Random comment? Did your read what I wrote? Naaaaa...

Anyway the sense of this new option is to make sellers communicate MORE with their customers, so as to reduce late orders and canceled orders.

• Like 16

1 minute ago, venonusa said:

Random comment? Did your read what I wrote? Naaaaa...

Anyway the sense of this new option is to make sellers communicate MORE with their customers, so as to reduce late orders and canceled orders.

Dont worry, its just normal to communicate and deliver in time. But still getting bad buyers and this update wil  ruin so muchimage.thumb.png.d575a5a93b57e3b7a062cc9f05f83a27.png

• Like 15

12 minutes ago, newsmike said:

He is not the only one saying that.  But you have to read to determine that. 

"This new option seems made to make sellers communicate more with customers and not deliver late orders" 🤣 

I can't go anywhere for more than half a day without having to take the laptop with me because if I activate vacation mode, when I get back to work, the algorithm is made in such a way that your gig won't get sales anymore and you will have to struggle to rank back up.

This is just modern slavery and all the changes made only accentuates it. But it seems some people don't care about their rights.

EDIT:  "This content must be approved before it can be posted." 🤣 no more free speech

Edited by hightlink
  • Like 16
  • Up 1

6 minutes ago, hightlink said:

It's just funny how you are the only one saying this is a good change. There is no point in arguing as you will realize how bad it is once it will start affecting you. 🤣

1 minute ago, oskars25 said:

Dont worry, its just normal to communicate and deliver in time. But still getting bad buyers and this update wil  ruin so much

If Fiverr is adding this change means that a lot sellers make customers unsatisfied and cancel orders...

I would really like to know your cancellation rate! Because if you are complaining you are one of those sellers who has a high cancel rate.

Want to know my cancellation rate? 2 orders canceled in the last 60 days, how do I do? I communicate with my clients.

So why should I care about this new option? This new option made me happy, this will drive some sellers out of Fiverr and I will have more traffic to my services and Fiverr will increase the rate of happy customers!

and by the way this is my honest opinion, I know you won't like it.

Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 11.20.54 AM.png

• Like 15

1 hour ago, venonusa said:

deliver often late orders

Late orders has nothing to do with it. Once you deliver an order, buyer has the option to review after cancellation. 

Late or not, doesn't matter. So if you did everything right and buyer didn't like it, cancel + review is waiting for you. Good luck!

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, venonusa said:

If Fiverr is adding this change means that a lot sellers make customers unsatisfied and cancel orders...

I would really like to know your cancellation rate! Because if you are complaining you are one of those sellers who has a high cancel rate.

Want to know my cancellation rate? 2 orders canceled in the last 60 days, how do I do? I communicate with my clients.

So why should I care about this new option? This new option made me happy, this will drive some sellers out of Fiverr and I will have more traffic to my services and Fiverr will increase the rate of happy customers!

and by the way this is my honest opinion, I know you won't like it.

Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 11.20.54 AM.png

Here you go, buyer canceled one because he didn't like the edit, even though I added lyrics that are in a premium gig, and gave a 100 USD discount. Since I had free time and was bored. I canceled two, one because the person booked the cheapest gig for 1 minute, and asked for 3-minute video edit, and didn't want to pay extra for that missing 2 minutes of edit. And the second one just didn't send me any information and didn't reply.

dfsdfg.png

Edited by oskars25
  • Like 17
  • Up 1

Just now, oskars25 said:

Here you go, buyer canceled one, i canceled two, one because person booked cheapest gig for 1 minute, and asked for 3 minute video edit, and didnt want to to pay extra for that missing 2 minutes of edit. And second one just didnt send me any information and didnt reply.

dfsdfg.png

Great! so this option should make you happy

⬇️⬇️ ⬇️⬇️ ⬇️⬇️ ⬇️⬇️

16 minutes ago, venonusa said:

this will drive some sellers out of Fiverr and I will have more traffic to my services and Fiverr will increase the rate of happy customers!

• Like 16

Just now, venonusa said:

Great! so this option should make you happy

⬇️⬇️ ⬇️⬇️ ⬇️⬇️ ⬇️⬇️

I agree, but since i am in Rap music video industry, you cant imagine what kind of people of low budget shaky footage and not even basic understanding of camera how to film comes and sends me 98% of them big artist videos what are done in teams and budget around 30 thousands, asking to recreate some effect for 50 usd, while booking cheapest gig and asking for premium otherwise leaving a bad review. And it happens every 2 month atleast 2-5 of them.

• Like 16
  • Sad 4
  • Up 1

8 minutes ago, zeecreations said:

So if you did everything right and buyer didn't like it, cancel + review is waiting for you. Good luck!

but why should the customer cancel the order if you did everything right? and why some sellers are thinking about it… This is not clear to me… 

• Like 15
  • Haha 4

We understand that cancellations can be frustrating and sometimes feel unfair. However, sometimes service quality does not meet buyer expectations set by high rankings that don’t reflect quality properly. This change is intended to foster transparency and trust on our platform through a more accurate reviewing system, recognize and reward sellers who provide exceptional service, and improve the buyer and seller experience in the long term.

Here are some things to keep in mind: 

• Reviews for canceled orders will only be enabled in cases of late deliveries (24 hours or more) or lack of response to buyer inquiries (for 24 hours or more). Buyers will also be able to review canceled orders that include deliveries, but safeguards have been put in place to prevent abuse or misuse of this feature. Sellers, first-time buyers, buyers who didn’t understand the service and placed an order by mistake—are not eligible to leave reviews on canceled orders.
  • Cancellations can cause inconvenience to both buyers and sellers, and the time and effort you put in your deliveries are important to us. We encourage you to keep up communication, make sure expectations are aligned, and address any possible misunderstandings at the start of an order. In case you still think you can’t meet buyer expectations, you can cancel the order prior to delivery without prompting a buyer review. If you think a buyer-initiated cancellation is unwarranted (like when buyers ask for unlimited revisions), you can reject the cancellation, as long as you’ve delivered based on requirements that were set. 
  • Sellers can always leave a response to reviews, both for completed and canceled orders. 
  • Please remember, not all canceled orders will result in a review as not all buyers choose to leave feedback.
  • We lowered the rating score threshold from 4.7 to 4.2 to help sellers better maintain their levels.

Now, let's address some specific questions you posted:
1. If a canceled order is over 14 days old, the buyer won't be able to leave a review on the order?  
That’s right, reviews for canceled orders must be posted within 14 days. After this time, there will no longer be an option to leave a review.

2. First-time buyers can't review a canceled order at all or are they just excluded from the rule?
First-time buyers, which means buyers who purchase on Fiver for the first time, will not have the option to leave a review for a canceled order. 

3. Is it a manual process or does the system determine what's eligible for a review or not? 
It is not manual. Buyers can leave reviews for canceled orders in cases of lateness, unresponsiveness (even if a delivery was provided). This doesn’t include orders placed by mistake or by first-time buyers. Sellers who are buyers are not eligible to leave reviews.

4. Is there any indication in the ratings that they are from canceled orders?
Yes, reviews for canceled orders will be marked with a relevant tag.

5. What is considered an unsatisfactory delivery?
Unsatisfactory deliveries vary, so it really depends on the specific case. Our customer support team is here to help if you have questions about deliveries.

6. Can a random seller try to abuse this system to give you a bad review?
No. We will block these reviews, and we’ll treat such bad behavior on our platform with the appropriate means.

7. What does ‘unresponsiveness’ mean? 
A seller who fails to respond for 24 hours (or even longer for orders with a very long delivery time) is deemed “unresponsive” and may be subject to reviews on canceled orders. 

We are collecting all of your feedback and will do our best to address concerns so we can improve your experience on Fiverr.

• Like 15
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 8

4 minutes ago, Shiran.M said:

We understand that cancellations can be frustrating and sometimes feel unfair. However, sometimes service quality does not meet buyer expectations set by high rankings that don’t reflect quality properly. This change is intended to foster transparency and trust on our platform through a more accurate reviewing system, recognize and reward sellers who provide exceptional service, and improve the buyer and seller experience in the long term.

Here are some things to keep in mind: 

• Reviews for canceled orders will only be enabled in cases of late deliveries (24 hours or more) or lack of response to buyer inquiries (for 24 hours or more). Buyers will also be able to review canceled orders that include deliveries, but safeguards have been put in place to prevent abuse or misuse of this feature. Sellers, first-time buyers, buyers who didn’t understand the service and placed an order by mistake—are not eligible to leave reviews on canceled orders.
  • Cancellations can cause inconvenience to both buyers and sellers, and the time and effort you put in your deliveries are important to us. We encourage you to keep up communication, make sure expectations are aligned, and address any possible misunderstandings at the start of an order. In case you still think you can’t meet buyer expectations, you can cancel the order prior to delivery without prompting a buyer review. If you think a buyer-initiated cancellation is unwarranted (like when buyers ask for unlimited revisions), you can reject the cancellation, as long as you’ve delivered based on requirements that were set. 
  • Sellers can always leave a response to reviews, both for completed and canceled orders. 
  • Please remember, not all canceled orders will result in a review as not all buyers choose to leave feedback.
  • We lowered the rating score threshold from 4.7 to 4.2 to help sellers better maintain their levels.

Now, let's address some specific questions you posted:
1. If a canceled order is over 14 days old, the buyer won't be able to leave a review on the order?  
That’s right, reviews for canceled orders must be posted within 14 days. After this time, there will no longer be an option to leave a review.

2. First-time buyers can't review a canceled order at all or are they just excluded from the rule?
First-time buyers, which means buyers who purchase on Fiver for the first time, will not have the option to leave a review for a canceled order. 

3. Is it a manual process or does the system determine what's eligible for a review or not? 
It is not manual. Buyers can leave reviews for canceled orders in cases of lateness, unresponsiveness (even if a delivery was provided). This doesn’t include orders placed by mistake or by first-time buyers. Sellers who are buyers are not eligible to leave reviews.

4. Is there any indication in the ratings that they are from canceled orders?
Yes, reviews for canceled orders will be marked with a relevant tag.

5. What is considered an unsatisfactory delivery?
Unsatisfactory deliveries vary, so it really depends on the specific case. Our customer support team is here to help if you have questions about deliveries.

6. Can a random seller try to abuse this system to give you a bad review?
No. We will block these reviews, and we’ll treat such bad behavior on our platform with the appropriate means.

7. What does ‘unresponsiveness’ mean? 
A seller who fails to respond for 24 hours (or even longer for orders with a very long delivery time) is deemed “unresponsive” and may be subject to reviews on canceled orders. 

We are collecting all of your feedback and will do our best to address concerns so we can improve your experience on Fiverr.

Thank you for bringing this up!

My question is, is there a chance for fiverr to lower that 20% off the fee for order, since we all pay taxes and in the end we end up in 50% giving away. So imagine, you worked all day for  100 usd, almost half away goes to you guys and half to our goverment. I think its not fair. 

Also i have seen people using same gig videos in past with different profiles, i reported each of them gave CS alot of evidence, and you guys just ignored! 

• Like 19