Important Update: Some canceled orders now qualify for buyer reviews

Shiran.M

Clients don't read your description, book cheaper packages, asking for premium package quality, when you don't give them, or ask for extra payment to be made, they cancel it, so now it will not only ruin their status but also leave negative feedback for other clients looking at your work or reviews, thank you Fiverr, after making 100k in two years, paying 20% fee from order and tips, than paying 25 percent to my government for tax, its time to go away to other websites to work. 

Working as a video editor, clients sent bad footage, expect to be made as a cinema, then you have spent 1-4 days of work, they cancel it, so you loose 4 days, which means around 400 of us + negative ratings on your profile, and then also bad review, amazing guys. You are pushing yourself to death row.

Thank you Fiverr, you are losing a lot of sellers with this change. 

Good job.

Edited by oskars25
  • Like 22
  • Up 2

I think fiverr needs to

1) Give sellers the ability to accept or reject an incoming order.

2) Buyer should not be allowed to leave a bad review if seller worked hard to please the buyer, in that case this should be reviewed by fiverr's team and order must be cancelled without affecting order completion rate or rating. The buyer can keep his money if he is unsatisfied with the final product.

That would be fair.

• Like 22
  • Up 2

Buyers do things like this and you can't do anything about it, but fiverr thinks that allowing sellers to have even more power with the reviews without us having something to say about it will reflect our performance, what a joke 🤣 image.png.575b7ca12c46e557369ff27e00cee9ee.png

• Like 23

2 hours ago, freddysaint said:

Imagine just taking pis.s out of this feature. Basically  ordering some funny voiceover, downloading, pressing cancel saying it wasnt what you  expected and even then leaving 1 star review 😄
As a seller being above 90% cancel rate means you can have 1out of 10 orders canceled for whatever reason but now that option is gone .So even if client is rude, abusive etc you dont have any safety whatsoever 😄 good luck to everyone

Time to move to other platforms, like upwork, guru and etc. I introduced you to fiverr, time to find other place.

• Like 19
  • Sad 1

Honestly, I am deeply disappointed with this new rule, which I consider a blunder in my opinion. Usually, I cancel orders for buyers who order something that doesn't match the package they ordered. And the buyer doesn't want to add extras to it. I'm afraid this can become a weapon for buyers to order from someone but not receive what they purchased. Even though we cancel the order, they can still give a bad review or rating.

• Like 22

3 minutes ago, hightlink said:

Buyers do things like this and you can't do anything about it, but fiverr thinks that allowing sellers to have even more power with the reviews without us having something to say about it will reflect our performance, what a joke 🤣 image.png.575b7ca12c46e557369ff27e00cee9ee.png

This is outrageous, should sent the screenshot to fiverr's team and ask them to remove this person's rating.

• Like 21

Truly I am lost for words - I simply don't see how this improves transparency, or the platform more generally, for buyers or sellers.....it is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

The ONLY thing that this is going to create are LESS 5* sellers which means LESS confidence for buyers in the ENTIRE FIVERR PLATFORM - great business plan Fiverr.....you really nailed it this time!

So here's how it's going to work for me;

Buyer Type 'One' - Contacts me in chat before placing an order.

For this buyer I am going to question the hell out of them and if I get even the slightest inkling that they might possibly be a 'problem' then I will tell them in chat that I am not prepared to take on their project

Outcome = Bad customer experience / Loss of income for me / Loss of Profit For Fiverr

Buyer Type 'Two' - Just places an order without contact.

I will review the requirements - anything missing or 'wrong' I will initiate a cancellation (Reason - Missing Requirements) - no delivery means no review.  Alternatively I will write the buyer and again question the hell out of them - if they seem as though they may be a 'problem' - I will just cancel the order without a delivery.

Outcome = Bad customer experience / Loss of income for me / Loss of Profit For Fiverr

This is a perfect 'Lose / Lose / Lose' situation - the person who came up with this definitely deserves a promotion........

• Like 22
  • Up 2

This is heartbreaking 😞 Another rule favouring the buyer and destroying the seller.
How many times it happens that a buyer comes with an attitude "I pay, I demand!" They DON'T READ the gig description, don't provide all the requirements and place the order blindly, asking for things that sellers do not provide. When explained that within the order, they either insist on completing the order - for months, "because they paid" and at the end, unhappy with the outcome they come back with "revenge" leaving terrible feedback. It's like asking a taxi driver to take them to the moon....
No fault on seller's side. The details of the service are described, the requirements are requested, the communication is kind and fast - we do what we can to please them. Yet Fiverr offers zero protection for us in such case. Now another opportunity is given to buyers, protecting them yet again, and sellers can only "respond" to their feedback in a little box below. But the reputation and ratings are ruined regardless. That's quite awful and very sad. Shame.

• Like 23

4 minutes ago, elitedesignuk said:

Truly I am lost for words - I simply don't see how this improves transparency, or the platform more generally, for buyers or sellers.....it is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

The ONLY thing that this is going to create are LESS 5* sellers which means LESS confidence for buyers in the ENTIRE FIVERR PLATFORM - great business plan Fiverr.....you really nailed it this time!

So here's how it's going to work for me;

Buyer Type 'One' - Contacts me in chat before placing an order.

For this buyer I am going to question the hell out of them and if I get even the slightest inkling that they might possibly be a 'problem' then I will tell them in chat that I am not prepared to take on their project

Buyer Type 'Two' - Just places an order without contact.

I will review the requirements - anything missing or 'wrong' I will initiate a cancellation (Reason - Missing Requirements) - no delivery means no review.  Alternatively I will write the buyer and again question the hell out of them - if they seem as though they may be a 'problem' - I will just cancel the order without a delivery.

This is a perfect 'Lose / Lose / Lose' situation - the person who came up with this definitely deserves a promotion........

The same idea I had.

Fiverr will see a huge loss in the income from the platform, I can definitely see that.

I took a lot of projects already and stepped up to buyers offering free stuff, just to not get cancelation. Now I will be questioning them a lot, making Zoom calls just to feel the vibe if they even fit my work, and so on. Will have more time with my family, but less income. From one point its good, but from another point not.

• Like 21
  • Up 1

20 minutes ago, tyson_dzines said:

I think fiverr needs to

2) Buyer should not be allowed to leave a bad review if seller worked hard to please the buyer, in that case this should be reviewed by fiverr's team and order must be cancelled without affecting order completion rate or rating. The buyer can keep his money if he is unsatisfied with the final product.

That would be fair.

Exactly - as freelancers, we choose who we'd like to work with. Not on Fiverr though. Anyone can come, place an order, ask for free stuff, lie in feedback and Fiverr will protect them. Now on top of them, they can come freely, ruin the ratings and go - and Fiverr will protect them.

• Like 19
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Fiverr.com You are the best.

Getting 100 usd order

Editing crappy footage for 4 days, more than 8h a day. Paying my bills of subscriptions, electricity bills, internet bills, answering them every hour even in middle of night. Getting order canceled, because buyer didnt read description or expected on my gig video to recieve same quality what is shot with profesional teams, but he got amateur footage and big expectations. 

Working in weekend, just to deliver as they wanted to be delivered

100 usd cancelation because buyer is .... and didnt read or understand, or missplaced order for cheapest pack and expect premium.

So in the end

4-9 days of slaving for free work

Electricity bils -5 usd, internet bills -5 usd, app cost -10 usd, loosing mind, food costs - 10 , coffe costs - 10

And in a bonus you get, de ranked, high drop in to the rank, plus negative private feedback + negative review.

So in the end that means you spent more money to do free work, and you get bad  feedback, on work where you actually spent your own money and time and resources. Good job fiverr.

WORKING AT MCDONALDS AND NOT GIVING A SINGLE F WORD IS MORE REWARDING AND MORE USEFUL THAN CONTINUE TO WORK AT FIVERR. AND IN SOME CASES EVEN MORE REWARDING IN MONEY LOL

Edited by oskars25
  • Like 21
  • Up 1

27 minutes ago, tyson_dzines said:

There is a Seller Plus feature named Request to Order where people need to contact you first. 

28 minutes ago, tyson_dzines said:

Buyer should not be allowed to leave a bad review if seller worked hard to please the buyer,

Fiverr doesn't have experts in every field and they specifically don't tackle the service quality. So even if you worked hard to please the buyer that doesn't mean you met their expectations. They can't also force a buyer to be ok with something they dislike. 

7 minutes ago, lalumiere said:

Exactly - as freelancers, we choose who we'd like to work with.

You have the Seller Plus Request to Order feature where people can't order unless they talk with you first.

• Like 20

3 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

There is a Seller Plus feature named Request to Order where people need to contact you first. 

Fiverr doesn't have experts in every field and they specifically don't tackle the service quality. So even if you worked hard to please the buyer that doesn't mean you met their expectations. They can't also force a buyer to be ok with something they dislike. 

You have the Seller Plus Request to Order feature where people can't order unless they talk with you first.

Seller plus 😄

Also Where your signed consultant, jump on you in private conversation when you get a zoom meeting and you dont have a web camera, and telll you he will not help you if you dont buy it lol.

• Like 19

1 minute ago, donnovan86 said:

Fiverr already takes 20% + we pay a lot more taxes in our countries + the license for the software we use + the hardware and so on. But yes, what a briliant idea, let's reward fiverr when it makes bad decisions with giving it some more cash to buy seller plus.

I don't get people who defend this platform when clearly everybody is unhappy. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 19

Just now, hightlink said:

I don't get people who defend this platform when clearly everybody is unhappy. 🤦‍♂️

Happy people don't come to the forum to talk about this, they continue working.

1 minute ago, hightlink said:

Fiverr already takes 20% + we pay a lot more taxes in our countries + the license for the software we use + the hardware and so on.

In some fields it can get very expensive, true. That being said, you can ask for any price you feel comfortable with, that covers taxes and the Fiverr cut. I am in my 10th year on the platform and my base price has always been $5. But with this new measure I see a lot of abuse coming in, so I think it's finally time to increase prices.

• Like 19

Just now, hightlink said:

Fiverr already takes 20% + we pay a lot more taxes in our countries + the license for the software we use + the hardware and so on. But yes, what a briliant idea, let's reward fiverr when it makes bad decisions with giving it some more cash to buy seller plus.

Yup, nobody is happy.

Invested in powerfull  pc to work on my gigs 5 000 

I pay for electricity 90 usd a month

Subscriptions to provide fiverr clients products 70 usd

Than they take 20% off as a fee, than i pay 25% for my goverment.

In the end actually to work on fiverr from completed work i get only 35% in income. Sometimes its even less than a guy who makes burgers living stress free life and have free on weekends, and he is getting pension and other insurances paid from work.

• Like 18

In some fields it can get very expensive, true. That being said, you can ask for any price you feel comfortable with, that covers taxes and the Fiverr cut. I am in my 10th year on the platform and my base price has always been $5. But with this new measure I see a lot of abuse coming in, so I think it's finally time to increase prices.

Yup, time to raise price by 100 , escaping low budget  rude clients.

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I don't know anyone who works on fiverr and is happy, they  only do it because they don't want to get a regular job or need the extra money. Be honest, do you enjoy working on fiverr? Would you not change your job if you had a better oportunity?

• Like 18

15 hours ago, vickieito said:

I think this will give transparency about what is happening behind a lot of canceled orders.

Many sellers use cancelations to avoid confrontation, tough conversations, and stress and this will allow sellers to tackle the issues causing their canceled orders.

For example, I used to have cancelations due to my own stress until I eliminated unlimited revisions and extended the delivery times on my orders. I also had to learn how to stand up for myself by setting clear expectations and saying "no." It looks like Fiverr is pushing for sellers to increase the quality of their services, which will decrease cancelations and increase buyer satisfaction.

Not only will this push for sellers to improve communication during orders, but sellers will also be expected to respond professionally to any negative feedback that a buyer may leave on a canceled order. This is also a sales opportunity if used correctly. Like many buyers, I like to see how a seller will respond to a negative review because that will tell me more than any of the positive reviews that they get.

Many sellers use cancellations to avoid confrontation?  Last year I had a buyer who could never agree with what I had delivered and when I reached to support, their firsr response was to cancel the order if you are unable to work on the order any more. LOL

• Like 19

12 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Happy people are not on Fiverr...

• Like 18

Just now, lalumiere said:

Happy people are not on Fiverr...

There is happy people on fiverr. staff. They have recieved from me in fee around 20 000 usd in 3 years. Thats more than hard working people get here in Latvia in 3 years working 10h a day for 5 days 

• Like 19

4 minutes ago, hightlink said:

Be honest, do you enjoy working on fiverr? Would you not change your job if you had a better oportunity?

I am the wrong person to ask because I love working here, and I've been relying on Fiverr for a decade. That being said, this year was the worst I had due to their focus on first time buyers and private reviews. I still enjoy working here and I generally don't have a lot of cancellations. But it still feels unsafe to know that you can use your hard work randomly via a cancellation and also receive a bad review for it. 

• Like 16

But it still feels unsafe to know that you can use your hard work randomly via a cancellation and also receive a bad review for it. 

Than don't defend them, I think after a decade of work on fiverr we have the right to give a honest feedback.

• Like 18