Telegram?

enraem

Question

I just finished making my profile and gigs, then I suddenly received a message! There I was excited that I might have my first job, but after reading the message I noticed that they where from Nigeria, have jumbled letters for usernames, and are asking me to contact them on telegram. I reported them... then I received 10 more messages like it.

Bruh... I'm still getting more at this moment.

• Like 31
  • Sad 5
  • Up 4

1 hour ago, quynh_nguyen93 said:

Hey guys, just a quick question. Are job offers through the Telegram platform considered scams? I’ve been getting quite a few in my inbox.

Any encouragement to work or message outside the platform is not allowed and is against ToS even if the buyers is not scam, use the platform for your own safety and consider all such messages as scam by default,. You may also send a report so that account gets banned. the only thing you can share in some specific circumstances is your email for follow ups or sharing large files with we transfer (which I generally do not recommend it either).

• Like 10

You probably don't think about gig advertising through Telegram ? Otherwise, it's a 99% scam. Scammers are on all kinds of social networks, but Telegram is probably the worst because you can post almost anything there since there is no control.

Many of these "job offers", ask you to deposit some money, and after some easy work, you will get your money back and earn a lot more.

• Like 10
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2023 at 12:07 PM, quynh_nguyen93 said:

Hey guys, just a quick question. Are job offers through the Telegram platform considered scams? I’ve been getting quite a few in my inbox.

I am also getting high offers from telegram.I also think they are spam. I had also tried to contact them on Telegram but they are fake just ask for security deposit. Don't pay them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 6/6/2023 at 6:46 PM, emmanuel_l19 said:

Hello everyone, I am new to this platform and don't know how common or normal this is.

First, they wanted me to move to Telegram, and, when I refused they sent me this:

And also got some others with this

I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me more about these types of messages.

This is a spam message. It is against Fiver TOS to communicate outside of the Fiverr platform.

I usually respond that I don't work off Fiverr and that we can keep our discussion here, then I mark the message as spam.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2023 at 2:25 PM, milos_siena said:

You probably don't think about gig advertising through Telegram ? Otherwise, it's a 99% scam. Scammers are on all kinds of social networks, but Telegram is probably the worst because you can post almost anything there since there is no control.

Many of these "job offers", ask you to deposit some money, and after some easy work, you will get your money back and earn a lot more.

I agree with you. I also faced this kind of problem

• Like 6

Hi all,

I would like to follow up on the experience with the app. I have been constantly been approached by people offering gigs outside of the app, pre specifically via telegram. Obviously I never follow up since this is also a violation of the terms of the app, but just wanted to know if the same happens to you. I just find this utterly annoying.

thank you!

Paula

• Like 8

On 10/18/2023 at 9:13 AM, boomcher03 said:

Good day! I am a new SELLER,  I just started yesterday and I have no idea yet how this works. I know lots of you here are experts already, I hope you can spare a little time. Can you please help me navigate the Fiverr tool?, How will I be able to reply as they drop their '@(name).. or how to do direct message? 

I have here a sample message and I keep on receiving one. I don't know if it's real or spam because as I respond even if they are online they don't get to reply back.

Sample 1: "Hello . We have huge (Translation job's available) Per page 📄📄 is ⁵⁰$= if you are available in any of these jobs.  Data entry  Copy writing  Articles  There all available   Message ,,, (@Yerry882)👈 T,,E,,L,,E,,G,,R,,A,,M 🫡 "

Sample 2: "We're looking for an experienced translator to help me with a project. The document I need translated is written in English and the desired target language is any language. It is more than 5000 words in length. If you’re interested, Dm on {🅣]📩🅔[🅛}📩🅔{🅖}📩🅡{🅐}🅜> @Lamech12 ☝️☝️☝️☝️"

I hope you help me with this. Bless you guys.

At 1st they will gonna knock you on inbox with a Telegram username or sometime via whats app too. So if you're lucky fiver may save you by blocking that user (Scammer) but still this spam texts are visible so according to the policy of fiver you can only deal with clients here not re-directing from here to any other outside platforms.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

On 6/6/2023 at 10:46 AM, emmanuel_l19 said:

the file is too large for email also that's why I suggested the telegram

Ok this drives me crazy!! A translation file larger than 2G??? Yeah right! Fiverr allows 2G of file transfer per message! That’s more than enough to pass any creative file within the Fiverr platform. 

Recognizing and reporting spam is critical for any online activity. Don’t waist your time and energy with spam, trust your instincts and just report it. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1