Live Blogging: Fiverr AI webinar

newsmike

45 minutes into webinar. So far.

1. What is AI? How does it work?
2. AI is growing rapidly.
3. The Rise of "New Skills" Prompt engineering. 
4. AI content writing. Goal is to reduce costs. Now you can add AI to replace humans. 
5. Demonstration. David says AI can be faster and better. Conducts a "How To" tutorial on how to use AI.
6. Directs sellers to numerous AI engines that can be used. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 24
  • Up 6

I actually found this webinar really interesting. I'm quite techy myself, but some of it scared the shit out of me 🙂

Is it just me though, or are the lines still blurred?  I can still see this open to abuse, even with the new categories. 

Edited by breals
  • Like 17
  • Up 5

To summarize:

AI is great
AI is super cool
AI is amazing
Here's a bunch of engines to use
Here's where you sell AI stuff on Fiverr
It even helps fake job applications
You can sell AI deliveries

In the Q&A, every question was answered prior to and after mine, which was ignored.

image.png.3acc8b48972151211fa326af7e74ed4e.png 

@editors_picks  Why did you suggest that this might be addressed? I called it 100%. 

• Like 17
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, they didn't respond to my question which I believe was very relevant ...

'' In the community standards, it clearly says ' Do not portray, sell or deliver others' work as your own. ' , some images generated by AI have even watermarks in them.. Doesn't that mean that you actually don't own the images ' created ' by AI? Also, there are many images displayed in some seller's portfolios..generated by AI for instance of the Mona Lisa doing different things... Is really a Mona Lisa image allowed to be used just like that as if it's the seller the one who created it? ''🙂

I was curious to have an answer to this but .. maybe next time.

• Like 16
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Up 1

7 minutes ago, breals said:

I can still see this open to abuse, even with the new categories. 

Based on the comments during the webinar, it will definitely be abused. No one really paid attention to David when he said that it's a starting point. Comments were mostly geared at "How can I sell this stuff?" (as in, copy, paste, and sell).

• Like 20
  • Up 2

This has got to be one of the most interesting webinars I've joined in a while. 😁 It was fun watching all the things AI can do, but also interesting that there's so much discussion right after it for many reasons (which is happening right now) hahaha

From what I understand, you will be able to sell stuff generated by AI only if you clearly state that in your gig and that the buyer fully understands that it is AI generated.

Other than that, I wonder how they will navigate sellers who do not openly state that in their gig. I can see this being a very big issue in the content writing vertical.

• Like 18
  • Up 2

I have the same comments or complaints about it as others do here. While showing off all these admittedly intriguing tools, they also clearly pointed out that "You don't have to hire writers anymore. You can generate text in minutes!" (Not a direct quote). There is no doubt that the market will flood with people passing off content of all kinds generated directly with AI.

• Like 16
  • Up 6

4 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I did notice that all the Fiverr staffers were responding by giving everyone the link to their Community Standards, but I doubt those links will be clicked.

They are taking the following approach:

Write 900 page book on how to build a bomb. 

Add sentence at the beginning that says. "You should not build bombs, but here's how to do it." 

• Like 15
  • Up 6

1 minute ago, theratypist said:

Other than that, I wonder how they will navigate sellers who do not openly state that in their gig. I can see this being a very big issue in the content writing vertical.

This.

Plus there will be (there already are) people using ChatGPT to write their gig descriptions and communicate with buyers, thus possibly misrepresenting their level of English (and their ability to really understand what the buyer needs).

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3

8 minutes ago, theratypist said:

I wonder how they will navigate sellers who do not openly state that in their gig. I can see this being a very big issue in the content writing vertical.

This and the likelihood that there will be unscrupulous sellers using AI in ways that buyers will detect, thus giving Fiverr and the rest of the sellers a bad name by association. 

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Plus there will be (there already are) people using ChatGPT to write their gig descriptions and communicate with buyers, thus possibly misrepresenting their level of English (and their ability to really understand what the buyer needs).

Bingo. They will not address this, and I believe they are intentionally confusing the faking of interactions and qualifications (like the faking job applications) with disclosing that seller is using AI in their gig. I get the feeling they are so over the top in love with this AI that they don't really care if their 20% comes from humans providing original work, or bots regurgitating previous work. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2

41 minutes ago, theratypist said:

From what I understand, you will be able to sell stuff generated by AI only if you clearly state that in your gig and that the buyer fully understands that it is AI generated.

Then why wouldn't the buyer just use AI tools themselves and not use a third party.. 

• Like 15
  • Up 3

1 minute ago, donnovan86 said:

Then why wouldn't the buyer just use AI tools themselves and not use a third party.. 

To save time. It takes time to learn to use those tools, then to adjust the results, then to edit them so they don't look like AI content... If their time is valuable, they will want to save it.

• Like 15
  • Up 2