New Feature: Auto Reply

theratypist

On 2/22/2023 at 10:38 PM, uk1000 said:

Someone mentioned about it quite a while ago, maybe it was in beta before and they've now rolled it out to everyone.

It doesn't seem very useful to me as it is. You can just enable it or not and set up a message. There's no other settings. You cant let it only respond at certain times or when you've been away for x amount of time. It has no knowledge of what the buyer says so you can't give a response based on the contents of the buyer's message. You can't set up a message based on a gig they clicked before going to the inbox (eg. so your message could be relevant to that gig).

So it seems too basic to be useful right now really.

e.g

buyer: Hello, could you do x, y or z?

automatic response: Hello, I'll message as soon as I can. [not helpful at all really. It can't try to answer the buyer's question]

Completely agree and also it doesn’t affect the response rate so giving a manual response that relates to the message seems useful to me.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Buyer response: I hate it.   It means I get a pointless message immediately .. so I waste time going to look at it.   Then a couple hours later I get the real response, which is often nearly the same thing.   Bad idea if you are a seller to begin with wasting the buyer's time. 

• Like 25
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2023 at 12:07 AM, will998 said:

Buyer response: I hate it.   It means I get a pointless message immediately .. so I waste time going to look at it.   Then a couple of hours later I get the real response, which is often nearly the same thing.   Bad idea if you are a seller to begin with wasting the buyer's time. 

I do not agree with you there. 
I think it's an amazing feature. It allows me to tell my buyers I am not there yet to reply to their messages but I will be there within a certain amount of time to discuss their questions or to set up their custom order. 

It is for any buyer satisfying getting an answer quickly or at least the attention they deserve to get. 
Not only is it super useful but it will also almost guarantee that buyers will say that they have had the best communication. 

Goodluck 👍🎉

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, ripongfx said:

Using  Auto Refresh

Using an auto-refresh app is against Fiverr's TOS; many sellers have received warnings on their accounts for doing so. 😱

Besides, I do not use an auto-refresh app, and even if I am not at my computer, my mobile phone lets me know when I have a message. 🤨

It is interesting how many sellers come here and give advice that breaks TOS. 🙄

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 23
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, abdheshkjha said:

It's really a cool feature, you can use it to let know the buyer that you are away and will respond asap.

Don't you think this sounds way too negative, Letting people know you are away? 
Hey buyer, I am not around atm but I will replay when I am here. 

Instead, use it to say you received their message and that you will do everything to reply to their message asap. 
Then you turn that negative line into something positive. Think about it. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2023 at 10:13 AM, powerjinglesnl said:

I do not agree with you there. 
I think it's an amazing feature. It allows me to tell my buyers I am not there yet to reply to their messages but I will be there within a certain amount of time to discuss their questions or to set up their custom order. 

It is for any buyer satisfying getting an answer quickly or at least the attention they deserve to get. 
Not only is it super useful but it will also almost guarantee that buyers will say that they have had the best communication. 

Goodluck 👍🎉

Just today got an automatic reply, exactly as you say: "I'm not there but here is my standard auto-reply".  Then hours later, I got almost exactly the same reply.  It REALLY is not, to quote you "satisfying" and it certainly is not, to quote you again, "the attention they deserve to get".   It is using YOUR needs to waste MY time.  Needless to say, I chose another seller, and not the one with the duplicate auto reply and actual reply.   You may think it is "super useful" but let me tell you, some of us find it super offensive!   I hope you find goodluck!

• Like 16
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, abdheshkjha said:

It's really a cool feature, you can use it to let know the buyer that you are away and will respond asap.

But Fiverr already does that, and we understand.  Maybe we are in a very different time zone, and you are asleep?  Ok, that's normal, and we do not want to wake you.  But during our active work time, we contact you; it's completely fine if you continue sleeping and reply during your active work time, and Fiverr alerts us to the different time zones.   Your auto-reply, however, seems to be trying to tell a story that you are not asleep.  And it does not address the specifics about why we contacted you.  So then you actually reply during your work time, ok, but we are asleep.   Relax, that is part of this world wide job market. Not difficult to understand, not difficult to manage. Auto reply is just pretending about a silly matter that is more easily understood as 'life in the world'. 

• Like 16
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 3

But again, you cannot blame the feature for that.
if the seller puts an auto-message up and repeats his auto-message when he's back, he's just messing it up for himself, Right? 
The fact people use it wrongly and you have a bad experience with it doesn't make it a bad feature. It's just the sellers that are... well give it a name. 

• Like 17
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 6/21/2023 at 2:46 AM, powerjinglesnl said:

Don't you think this sounds way too negative, Letting people know you are away? 
Hey buyer, I am not around atm but I will replay when I am here. 

Instead, use it to say you received their message and that you will do everything to reply to their message asap. 
Then you turn that negative line into something positive. Think about it. 

Please read my reply again, I mentioned, this is cool features, I am not saying that the message is good.

• Like 15

This new Auto Reply feature for first-time buyer messages on Fiverr sounds promising and will definitely help in maintaining a prompt line of communication. Exciting to see Fiverr enhancing seller tools for better interactions! 😊

• Like 12

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 3:06 AM, ashishanasane said:

I have set the Auto reply message on my Fiverr account. The buyer sends me the message and the Auto reply message replies to the buyer. I am waiting for the buyer's response to the Auto-generated message. The buyer never answered, and I also did not send any message other than the Auto reply message. This affected my response time from 1hr to 3hr.

This. Auto reply is a nice idea, but it is pointless as you, the seller, are not there to start a conversation. 

• Like 5