New Feature: Auto Reply

theratypist

AutoReply.png.ea7a1af438579db1a2e89e804678cd22.png

Set up your Auto Reply

It’s important to make sure that your buyers feel and know that you’ve acknowledged their requests and get a quick response from you—especially with first-time buyers.
With that said, we’re excited to introduce you to the Auto Reply feature for your Inbox messages.

Jump on this opportunity with your Inbox's automatic reply
 feature, and make sure that the first line of communication is taken care of when your first-time buyers message you.

About the Auto Reply feature

This feature allows you to set up a message in advance, that will automatically be sent to buyers as soon as they send you a message for the first time—meaning all new conversations.

So whether you want to give reassurance that you’ll be in touch soon, make sure you’re getting their project details in advance, or anything else that you might need to succeed, activate the Auto Reply feature to reply to first-time buyers automatically, and help keep the conversation going.

Important: The Auto Reply message does not substitute a direct reply message.
If you don't respond to the buyer within 24 hours from when they sent their message, your Inbox Response Rate will be affected.

---

Sounds interesting! Great to know Fiverr is rolling out more seller features 😊

• Like 52
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 3

Someone mentioned about it quite a while ago, maybe it was in beta before and they've now rolled it out to everyone.

It doesn't seem very useful to me as it is. You can just enable it or not and set up a message. There's no other settings. You cant let it only respond at certain times or when you've been away for x amount of time. It has no knowledge of what the buyer says so you can't give a response based on the contents of the buyer's message. You can't set up a message based on a gig they clicked before going to the inbox (eg. so your message could be relevant to that gig).

So it seems too basic to be useful right now really.

e.g

buyer: Hello, could you do x, y or z?

automatic response: Hello, I'll message as soon as I can. [not helpful at all really. It can't try to answer the buyer's question]

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 38
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

So it seems too basic to be useful right now really.

Agreed. The only thing it would be any good for is a very broad and basic 'Hi it's the middle of the night and I'm not available right now' message, which you'd have to remember to turn on and off anyway.

• Like 36
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, melanielm said:

Is there an indication of an unread message still if you use the auto-reply feature?

I believe so! They mention this; "Don’t worry, it will be marked as Unread in your Inbox, so that you don’t miss the message."

I don't understand how it's more useful than a quick response tbh since your stats require you to still respond. It would only add value for me if I could set a time period. Like @terrygrantvomentioned to let a buyer know I'm asleep. 

• Like 33
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/22/2023 at 1:04 PM, sabinespoems said:

I don't understand how it's more useful than a quick response tbh since your stats require you to still respond. It would only add value for me if I could set a time period. Like @terrygrantvomentioned to let a buyer know I'm asleep. 

I use it to let new buyers know my typical business hours and when they can expect a response from me. I also invite them to share more details about the order they may want to place so I can address them in my reply. 

• Like 33
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sabinespoems said:

I don't understand how it's more useful than a quick response tbh since your stats require you to still respond.

Hey @sabinespoems! It looks like you rebranded your profile image and gigs! Looks great! 😍

I also think this feature isn't helpful to me. I'm not planning to use it unless Fiverr starts counting automated responses as actual replies. I'd like to go Out-Of-Office in my inbox sometimes and it'd be helpful if an out-of-office message were counted as responses.

• Like 29
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hey @sabinespoems! It looks like you rebranded your profile image and gigs! Looks great! 😍

Thank you Vickie!! 🤗 I'm not seeing the effects of it quite yet but I'm happy with the overhaul either way. Maybe ChatGPT is stealing my poetry business too? 🕵️‍♀️

26 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

A QR can not be sent to a new buyer when you sleep. 

That's definitely true and I can see the way you use it can be helpful. I was more thinking about the auto-reply being sent when I'm awake. Resulting in a buyer first receiving the auto-reply, followed quickly by another message asking them for more details that are specific to their request. 

With every feature, it's not for everyone. But it's nice that for you and others it has added value!

• Like 29
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, gayanchamira said:

and that mean replying time is not affect the seller profile

No. The auto reply is more of a way to introduce yourself to the buyer and also let them know what else you need aside from the guidelines. It will NOT be seen as a reply from you, so you HAVE to reply otherwise your response rate will be affected.

• Like 20
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

As a new user I've just tried to set this up and realised that you can't if you've got an empty inbox (as the steps to set it up involve accessing a message and clicking a lightning bolt, of which I have neither?) rendering my first missed message a risky one unless I happen to be online at the time.

• Like 19
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 22.02.2023 at 19:06, vickiespencer said:

Я намагався вимкнути та ввімкнути його, але завжди забував, тож залишив увімкненим. Це бачать лише нові покупці, тому моє повідомлення спрямоване до них. 

Greetings, I will be very grateful if you tell me how to turn off this auto-reply, because I turned it on, although I don't really need it, because I'm used to being online.

• Like 20
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/22/2023 at 9:24 PM, theratypist said:

Important: The Auto Reply message does not substitute a direct reply message.
If you don't respond to the buyer within 24 hours from when they sent their message, your Inbox Response Rate will be affected.

I have set the Auto reply message on my Fiverr account. The buyer sends me the message and the Auto reply message replies to the buyer. I am waiting for the buyer's response to the Auto-generated message. The buyer never answered, and I also did not send any message other than the Auto reply message. This affected my response time from 1hr to 3hr.

• Like 19
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1