How you manage your time with heavy freelancing works Vs your domestic works

Hello experts, please tell me your ideas about how you manage your time with heavy duties coming through freelancing platforms and how you balance your domestic work with those, so how you release your tension from orders after spent long hours in front  of computer. so what should do to maintain good mental and physical health during the service. all your ideas and experience are must need to built good discussion.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, gayanchamira said:

Hello experts, please tell me your ideas about how you manage your time with heavy duties coming through freelancing platforms and how you balance your domestic work with those, so how you release your tension from orders after spent long hours in front  of computer. so what should do to maintain good mental and physical health during the service. all your ideas and experience are must need to built good discussion.

Here's how I avoid domestic duties: 

When it comes to relaxing and unwinding as a freelancer, I often play Microsoft Flight Simulator. Just relaxing and flying with buddies helps me unwind and I love learning how to "fly" so you'll often find me reading the user manuals for complex airliners like the Boeing 737. I know, I'm a nerd. Haha. 

I also travel a lot. I've just spent the last week at a nice hotel, just to relax. Brought the wife and kid. Just enjoying some luxury, even for a day or two, can make a lot of difference. Even though I have a nice house, there's something to be said for decadent golden chandeliers, huge plush chairs and hotel linen. You can even bring your work with you. It really motivates me to work hard and be effecient when I'm working from home, since I'm never going to an office and so on. It can be good being around other people, have a change of pace and new surroundings. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Im a single guy without kids. So you can relatively say that i have too much time simply because i just have to take care of myself.

That being said;

I have a day job 9-5. Road takes some time and im at home at 18.30

Usually i go to a boxing club nearby. 3 days a week. It takes 1 or 1.5 hours to finish a routine training. That training is not something you can relax while doing it. But to be honest, doing that resets the whole day for me, i take a shower after that and feel better all along. And i like doing physical activities so its a double bonus for me. And boxing is tiring. Takes a lot of sweat. Which is the whole point for me. Works very well. Specially as a freelancer we tend to sit down in front of the computer. You got to release some energy at some point. Exercise is amazing. What i do is kinda egdy and cant really work after that because i have to rest, but everyone can find something for their taste/abilities.

I Used to play games on console or pc(I dont pick teams) Usualy action adventure or fantasy role playing. Nowadays not so much. These days i paint. While painting i watch some tv series. If the painting got really intense, i switch to music.

And if you can, say like you can work with a tablet or something mobile. I recommend going to a coffee place or something to do your freelance job. Have some people around, make some small interractions. Maybe not always, but try it once a week or something. I found it helpful.  Im tryng to make this somewhat regular for me. I even started to look forward to the day i go out to work. 

• Like 6