My page was de-ranked from front page.

your_1_writer

Question

Sometimes in April, Towards the end of the month, a client and I mutually canceled a gig, it was no fault from me, and I protested against the cancellation. It was a bulk gig, and I've delivered about three scripts. He said he wanted to change his niche and no longer needed the remaining scripts. We created another order to pay for my three scripts and canceled the first order. Since then, My page has been deranked to the last page. 

I've tried every means to get it ranked, messaged Customer service, and Changed video and tags, but still no solution. 

The cancelation would be three months in a week's time, and it would leave my page. Would my gig rank about after it leaves? Because right now, I am frustrated. 

• Like 5

8 answers to this question

43 minutes ago, your_1_writer said:

I've tried every means to get it ranked

I think you are making the mistake of thinking that your position on the first page is permanent. Even if you had not had the cancellation, things are dynamic and gigs move around. That said, the cancellation certainly did not help.  It may take quite some time before you are back on top, as they are probably favoring sellers with no cancellations. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

15 minutes ago, your_1_writer said:

I've tried every means to get it ranked, messaged Customer service, and Changed video and tags, but still no solution. 

The only way to get "ranked" is to deliver good work, good communication, on time deliveries and responses. That is alllll. And I thank you.....

• Like 5

1 minute ago, your_1_writer said:

I deliver good works; I have returning customers I've been when I wasn't ranking at all my old client's kept coming back, I have almost 80 5 star review, I've never gotten less than 4.7 star review. I started Fiverr March this year and I've only canceled 2 orders. And I've never delivered late. 

To my own knowledge, I fulfilled every tip to be a good freelancer. So I certainly think it's not my fault. That's why I think it is as a result of my last cancelation. 

The question about ranking has been asked several times, almost everyday here in the forum. You can try searching and you will find a lot of others share concerns similar to you. The most that can be said is that gigs rotate, and any cancellation will affect your ranking, the results on the search pages when you search and when someone else searches are not exactly the same (your gig can show up in another spot rather than how you see it), there are a lot of factors that come into play in ranking or "visibility". 

I think you may see some changes in this in week's time as 3 months is coming to a close as I've read somewhere about metrics going 90 days. Again, I do not know because there aren't official information on what's Fiverr's basis on visibility. Below is Fiverr's official statement on gig ranking.

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gigs

How can I get my Gig ranked higher?

Promoting your gigs on social media, websites, or blogs is a great way to bring more traffic to your gig. The more traffic, the more exposure you will receive in our marketplace. Completing your orders on time and providing exceptional service can also affect your ranking. As long as you are doing well in these areas, your ranking will improve.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, theratypist said:

The question about ranking has been asked several times, almost everyday here in the forum. You can try searching and you will find a lot of others share concerns similar to you. The most that can be said is that gigs rotate, and any cancellation will affect your ranking, the results on the search pages when you search and when someone else searches are not exactly the same (your gig can show up in another spot rather than how you see it), there are a lot of factors that come into play in ranking or "visibility". 

I think you may see some changes in this in week's time as 3 months is coming to a close as I've read somewhere about metrics going 90 days. Again, I do not know because there aren't official information on what's Fiverr's basis on visibility. Below is Fiverr's official statement on gig ranking.

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gigs

How can I get my Gig ranked higher?

Promoting your gigs on social media, websites, or blogs is a great way to bring more traffic to your gig. The more traffic, the more exposure you will receive in our marketplace. Completing your orders on time and providing exceptional service can also affect your ranking. As long as you are doing well in these areas, your ranking will improve.

Thank you ma'am, I appreciate your reply. 

• Like 5

There are 4x12 = 48 Gigs on the "front page". That's really all I can say anymore to this super common topic. The rest should be pretty obvious. (Unless you don't sell a common, but a super rare Gatcha, I mean, Gig, in which case, either you're doing something wrong, or there is no demand, even though/due to the Gig being super rare.)

If you look at the URL of a "front page", you see "vertical-carousel" at the end, BTW, or at least I do; nomen est omen.

• Like 5

I deliver good works; I have returning customers I've been when I wasn't ranking at all my old client's kept coming back, I have almost 80 5 star review, I've never gotten less than 4.7 star review. I started Fiverr March this year and I've only canceled 2 orders. And I've never delivered late. 

To my own knowledge, I fulfilled every tip to be a good freelancer. So I certainly think it's not my fault. That's why I think it is as a result of my last cancelation. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, theratypist said:

The only way to get "ranked" is to deliver good work, good communication, on time deliveries and responses. That is alllll. And I thank you.....

I deliver good works; I have returning customers I've been when I wasn't ranking at all my old client's kept coming back, I have almost 80 5 star review, I've never gotten less than 4.7 star review. I started Fiverr March this year and I've only canceled 2 orders. And I've never delivered late. 

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, newsmike said:

I think you are making the mistake of thinking that your position on the first page is permanent. Even if you had not had the cancellation, things are dynamic and gigs move around. That said, the cancellation certainly did not help.  It may take quite some time before you are back on top, as they are probably favoring sellers with no cancellations. 

Thanks for your reply, I hope my ranking will get back by the end of the week. Thank you.

• Like 6