Buy on FIVERR and resell it on FIVERR... Highly recommended!

theunknown0000

Have you ever purchased a service on FIVERR and then resold it to your customers? In my opinion, it is not "crafty" at all, far from it.
Often the customer, in addition to making the classic requests about your service offered, will ask you for additional related services. It will therefore happen that you are not purely prepared to create whatever they ask of you. That's why a good way to flood your business is to buy it at an affordable price and resell it to your customer. Some will think it's not too nice but it isn't. It is true that we all like to create something artistic and original, but for this very reason, sometimes, we have to go and buy from other professionals who allow us to deliver always excellent and professional work. After all, before being artists we are SELLERS. The customer will find a finished product made of research and experience, with perfect deliveries without having to move a finger on the keyboard and without spending additional time. A network of contacts with other sellers is therefore very important.

This is my advice. Hope someone can help.

Happy FIVERR!

Alessandro

THEUNKNOWN0000

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I needed to read this twice to understand but - 

I disagree with you.

I'm a writer, first and foremost - after all, I was a writer before being a seller/freelancer. Purchasing from other writers and selling their work as mine - to me - does not appeal at all. The reason people buy from me is ME (well, my style, and probably my cute profile picture...) Abandoning that just to be able to please more people is a bad idea. I'm sure there are much better writers on here than me (after all, some people have more experience in the field than I have been alive...) but I am ME and that's literally the only unique selling factor about my stuff, so...

Now actually NETWORKING with other sellers and redirecting buyers to them when you have too much on your plate - I think is fine. But taking credit for their work is kinda sketchy. (but it's not against any rules, so...)

17 minutes ago, katakatica said:

I needed to read this twice to understand but - 

I disagree with you.

I'm a writer, first and foremost - after all, I was a writer before being a seller/freelancer. Purchasing from other writers and selling their work as mine - to me - does not appeal at all. The reason people buy from me is ME (well, my style, and probably my cute profile picture...) Abandoning that just to be able to please more people is a bad idea. I'm sure there are much better writers on here than me (after all, some people have more experience in the field than I have been alive...) but I am ME and that's literally the only unique selling factor about my stuff, so...

Now actually NETWORKING with other sellers and redirecting buyers to them when you have too much on your plate - I think is fine. But taking credit for their work is kinda sketchy. (but it's not against any rules, so...)

Hi @katakatica

I think you misunderstood me. First of all, I am not a COPYWRITER. For writing, things change a lot. I am an animated GIF creator, this means an infinite world. In the world of GIFs, you can create anything a human being can think of. If a customer asked me to insert a caricature in my gifs, I can do it in my way of thinking. I will go and buy the caricature from another person and then insert it in my works, which, as you pointed out, have their own originality and creativity.

Surely this is something that you must not and cannot do if you have the gift of writing. But also put yourself in the shoes of people who do a different job.

I have described my experience.

Alessandro

3 hours ago, theunknown0000 said:

Forgive me if I have disturbed your peace. I'm just a humble little salesman here on FIVERR. Forgive my sharing. It will not happen again.

Why are you so apologetic? You stated your opinion, Visualstudio stated their opinion, etc.

A healthy debate on a forum consists with agreements and disagreement with each side asserting their take.

I, like the others above, also not in favor of outsourcing. I mean if I order a whiteboard and that seller has another person doing the voice over for their work - I'm good with that. I don't consider that outsourcing but "teaming" to do a portion of the work.

If I hire you to write me an article and someone else does it - then, you take the risk.

8 minutes ago, gina_riley2 said:

Why are you so apologetic? You stated your opinion, Visualstudio stated their opinion, etc.

A healthy debate on a forum consists with agreements and disagreement with each side asserting their take.

I, like the others above, also not in favor of outsourcing. I mean if I order a whiteboard and that seller has another person doing the voice over for their work - I'm good with that. I don't consider that outsourcing but "teaming" to do a portion of the work.

If I hire you to write me an article and someone else does it - then, you take the risk.

No, I was obviously ironic in the answer, I couldn't resist.

Coming back to us, perhaps I have explained myself badly. It is just what you say the meaning. A working group achieved with the experience and research in 3 years of Fiverr. Many clients ask me to add diversified elements to the GIFs I make. So by buying services from trusted people, my customers will be 100% satisfied.

42 minutes ago, theunknown0000 said:

I think you misunderstood me. First of all, I am not a COPYWRITER. For writing, things change a lot. I am an animated GIF creator, this means an infinite world. In the world of GIFs, you can create anything a human being can think of. If a customer asked me to insert a caricature in my gifs, I can do it in my way of thinking. I will go and buy the caricature from another person and then insert it in my works, which, as you pointed out, have their own originality and creativity.

I'm also not a copywriter - I am a creative writer and narrative designer (which, to be fair, you couldn't have known, I'm just explaining.) 

In your case, I can see that being somewhat justified (as in the end, you aren't the artist, you just make the GIFs - though I'm sure there's some art you could make yourself as well.) With proper credit (and payment) given to the original artist, and with you having all commercial rights (which, again, I'm sure you check) I think it's still 'fine' (though I'd worry it would get complicated in the long run. Still, I can see this working out for you (and the artists as well!)

Writing is just as diverse, but if someone asks me to do something (for example if someone asks for a Youtube script instead of a game script) I'll only take on the project if I think I can do it. If I know someone who can do it, I'll direct the client to them (but won't outsource.) Being the middleman for me personally is far too risky (but I understand the charm of it, though!)

I'm certainly not opposed to the concept of outsourcing; I mean the world's economy runs on it. I'm just not convinced it is a solid business plan on Fiverr.  When you create a resource and supply chain, which is what you are talking about, any interruption in that can cause a cascading impact to the rest of the chain.  So, if I outsource some of my work and promise the customer I will deliver in 5 days, then my supplier gets sick, I now have a significant risk to attenuate. But that is a risk tolerance issue, not a moral issue.  Read some of the works by Eliyahu Goldratt, to get a better idea of how this works.  His work on Theory of Constraints is particularly good. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliyahu_M._Goldratt

However, isn't there something in the TOS which state something like "the work must be yours"?  I could be wrong about that. 

Personally, on Fiverr, I will not purchase a service which I believe to be outsourced. 

On 1/14/2022 at 4:39 PM, cs_evans said:

I'm certainly not opposed to the concept of outsourcing; I mean the world's economy runs on it. I'm just not convinced it is a solid business plan on Fiverr.  When you create a resource and supply chain, which is what you are talking about, any interruption in that can cause a cascading impact to the rest of the chain.  So, if I outsource some of my work and promise the customer I will deliver in 5 days, then my supplier gets sick, I now have a significant risk to attenuate. But that is a risk tolerance issue, not a moral issue.  Read some of the works by Eliyahu Goldratt, to get a better idea of how this works.  His work on Theory of Constraints is particularly good. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliyahu_M._Goldratt

However, isn't there something in the TOS which state something like "the work must be yours"?  I could be wrong about that. 

Personally, on Fiverr, I will not purchase a service which I believe to be outsourced. 

I think I have been misunderstood again. I am the car manufacturer and the creator, but every now and then, I need some spare parts. It doesn't mean that the car doesn't create and build it myself. This had to filter into the message.

Instead of straight outsourcing, perhaps the intention is to buy an adjacent service and offer it to your buyers. Like if you sell fiction story writing, you find an exceptional book cover designer and use them to fulfill your book cover gig extra.

Still too risky for my tastes. If the other person fails to deliver on time or if it's not to the buyer's tastes, you're stuck.

On 1/17/2022 at 10:13 PM, melanielm said:

Instead of straight outsourcing, perhaps the intention is to buy an adjacent service and offer it to your buyers. Like if you sell fiction story writing, you find an exceptional book cover designer and use them to fulfill your book cover gig extra.

Still too risky for my tastes. If the other person fails to deliver on time or if it's not to the buyer's tastes, you're stuck.

You're right but they are all small purchases with almost all 24 hour delivery. Maximum 10 dollars. Now I have super-trusted people I work with. You are right, everything is close to what I do and which integrates perfectly.

21 hours ago, markvideodesign said:

Am I the only one cracking up with what just happened?

@theunknown0000 Absolute madlad, you did it.

In fact, I did not expect all these criticisms. My collaborators are all more than happy to work for me, I am an ongoing, reliable and paying customer. I run the market.

However, like it or not, it is a topic that hardly anyone deals with, and at least a topic for discussion. Many limit themselves to always giving the 4 or 5 tips on how to become a great seller here on FIVERR. I talked about my experience, if you don't like it, I'll make up my mind.

On 1/18/2022 at 8:15 PM, theunknown0000 said:

I talked about my experience, if you don't like it, I'll make up my mind.

Are you kidding? Your reply made my day. The thing is, many folks here lack sense of humor and by reading that, I "couldn't resist" either. It's hard when half of the userbase doesn't speak proper English, thus understanding irony and sarcasm automatically makes you king.

Back to the opinion on the topic, I think outsourcing is the way to go. It's how business is made, it's the very foundation of a complex economy and also the way public service work, too (by delegating work, specializing and optimizing tasks and workers).

But like some other people said, being too reliant on it brings some problems if you do this on Fiverr, because the way orders are conducted. I've done this a couple of times, but I had to increase the price a lot to cover administration costs and risks, and almost jeopardized a delivery. And I do not design my gigs around it, but of course if I fancy the opportunity I'll do it on the go. Let's say I outsource something like 10-20% of the order in price terms. i.e. I do not "flip orders" for a living, but won't look alien to me if someone did it.

9 minutes ago, markvideodesign said:

Are you kidding? Your reply made my day. The thing is, many folks here lack sense of humor and by reading that, I "couldn't resist" either. It's hard when half of the userbase doesn't speak proper English, thus understanding irony and sarcasm automatically makes you king.

Back to the opinion on the topic, I think outsourcing is the way to go. It's how business is made, it's the very foundation of a complex economy and also the way public service work, too (by delegating work, specializing and optimizing tasks and workers).

But like some other people said, being too reliant on it brings some problems if you do this on Fiverr, because the way orders are conducted. I've done this a couple of times, but I had to increase the price a lot to cover administration costs and risks, and almost jeopardized a delivery. And I do not design my gigs around it, but of course if I fancy the opportunity I'll do it on the go. Let's say I outsource something like 10-20% of the order in price terms. i.e. I do not "flip orders" for a living, but won't look alien to me if someone did it.

I really appreciate your support for what I said. 😂

I can assure you that the orders I make to my collaborators and freelancers like me here on FIVERR are absolutely safe, delivery 1 or 2 days maximum, and that they concern low figures. Over time I have chosen the boys and there is a relationship of complete trust and mutual respect. Never had a problem. I have chosen people who are kind, honest and punctual (as I hope to be too).

Archived