Buy on FIVERR and resell it on FIVERR... Highly recommended!

theunknown0000

11 hours ago, ruthsalmun said:

I hope you are not doing what I think you are, because so many artists get exploited like this. Someone will buy stuff from them, then resell, they end up doing most of the work for less than they should. So I really hope you are not a part of this, because for this same reason there's so many people that come to freelance platforms and cause us to lower our rates.

11 hours ago, ruthsalmun said:

I hope you are not doing what I think you are, because so many artists get exploited like this. Someone will buy stuff from them, then resell, they end up doing most of the work for less than they should. So I really hope you are not a part of this, because for this same reason there's so many people that come to freelance platforms and cause us to lower our rates.

Dear Ruth, if I came to you tonight to buy the BASIC package for $ 35, and you wanted to make me 20 BASIC packages a month, would you be happy or would you be angry? Would you like me to buy you $ 700 at the end of the month or would you like to know how I use the work you give me?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, ruthsalmun said:

70 percent of my clients are marketing agencies. What do you think they do with my gifs? Do they give them to their respective customers? Customers want to know who made the gifs? These are dreams.

I think I understood what you are saying but this only can happen in certain situations and you have to do it correctly. For example i am a singer and songwriter, usually my buyers comes to me with their instrumental but some of them don’t and in this case i can find any instrumental for them. In my case i work with my own producer and ask him to do it and then I pay him but he’s not on fiverr, but i could buy an instrumental on fiverr and then write and sing on it but in this case i should explain that I will find an instrumental here on fiverr and then let my buyer know who made the instrumental. Or i would suggest buyer to find the instrumental either on fiverr or outside. 

On 2/11/2022 at 1:08 PM, theunknown0000 said:

Dear Ruth, if I came to you tonight to buy the BASIC package for $ 35, and you wanted to make me 20 BASIC packages a month, would you be happy or would you be angry? Would you like me to buy you $ 700 at the end of the month or would you like to know how I use the work you give me?

ok

23 minutes ago, gongor32 said:

Just recently someone tried to buy my service asking for quote. Funny thing is another buyer already messaged me same brief so I knew what was happening. 🙄 I would hate to if there were any middleman.

So you only sell to whoever tells you what they will do with your work?

49 minutes ago, theunknown0000 said:

So you only sell to whoever tells you what they will do with your work?

Yes. If people somehow wanted to resell, make profit from my work they have to pay commercial right fee.  And I don’t think middleman has experience of asking right brief and do research to get client’s idea right. It may lead to more revision and hassle for me. 

4 hours ago, gongor32 said:

Yes. If people somehow wanted to resell, make profit from my work they have to pay commercial right fee.  And I don’t think middleman has experience of asking right brief and do research to get client’s idea right. It may lead to more revision and hassle for me. 

I wish you to succeed. 😉

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 2:34 PM, gongor32 said:

Just recently someone tried to buy my service asking for quote. Funny thing is another buyer already messaged me same brief so I knew what was happening. 🙄 I would hate to if there were any middleman.

I also feel like this, and I outsource. I understand both sides.

A customer comes with a big brand in their hands BUT for some reason they don't position themselves like they own it. Yellow flag for me, so I politely refuse the work UNLESS they do seem like they're managing many other aspects and my delivery is only a small portion of the order (which in most situations isn't the case). So I respect that and don't engage.

But in the other hand, I make it very clear to my freelancers there is a third person involved, I just don't tell the client details and don't reveal they might come from the same platform. If they don't accept it with their standard prices, it's their problem and I move on (Mini-rant: If you get offended when approached by a "middleman" and think you should charge him more or deserve access to the first client, why didn't you raise your prices in the first place? What is keeping you from doing that? I see this as a lack of maturity, self-esteem and business mindset altogether).

So in the end, I leverage, and don't like to be leveraged upon. It's not rocket science guys, it's just business.

20 minutes ago, markvideodesign said:

(Mini-rant: If you get offended when approached by a "middleman" and think you should charge him more or deserve access to the first client, why didn't you raise your prices in the first place? What is keeping you from doing that? I see this as a lack of maturity, self-esteem and business mindset altogether).

There isn't anything to leverage. Someone comes out with brief (OG) -> He asked quote from few sellers -> Some of that sellers starts looking for sellers that may do it very cheaply (Half of the price) -> Move on if there is any negotiations -> Even if someone accepts the order Middleman doesn't know the vision or want to communicate efficiently -> Leads to wasted effort, delay and more revisions.  It's not big corporate commission or anything. So where is any connection with maturity, self-esteem or even business mindset ? We aren't selling vacuum cleaner here. With middleman we can't even establish regular client and seller relationship. Waste of time. That's the where hate comes from. 

I can see where you are coming from with this question.

What you do on Fiverr will fall back on you at the end of the day.

I thought about outsourcing work that I don't do as well, however, I have a very high standard when it comes to delivery, so I do not want to mess up the experience of my clients when I deliver something I do not have experience in.

Again, if it's something you have experience in, I guess there is no problem. At this point, you are probably acting as an agency, and trying to build a business within Fiverr.

My advice is never to sacrifice your quality or it will show in your price. 

I think people assume every outsourcing decision as being a middleman.

I guess that is their view of how the process goes. Labelling every outsourcing agent as a "middleman" is a very precarious way of framing business. That's why I keep it inside quotes.

If one does not have anything to add to the production chain that justifies the increase in the value, they are only exposing themselves to risk - the client may as well look for the primary provider. When they see "half of the price" do you really believe they will buy from the "Middleman"? Only if they do see the value the "middleman" is offering, which in many cases there is a substancial amount of value added, even if it's a better customer experience, assurance that the project will be delivered on time, better creative overview, the overall market reputation by experience and finally the trust the client puts in the seller who is outsourcing. Primary provider can't offer those? Too bad. Here, have a percentage instead.

Also do you guys think, selling as a primary provider, you deal with big risks? Try outsourcing and you'll quickly understand the laws of business and how challenging it actually is to be in the center of the chain.

21 hours ago, thiagodematos said:

Again, if it's something you have experience in, I guess there is no problem. At this point, you are probably acting as an agency, and trying to build a business within Fiverr.

Up that.

On 3/11/2022 at 9:40 PM, markvideodesign said:

I think people assume every outsourcing decision as being a middleman.

I guess that is their view of how the process goes. Labelling every outsourcing agent as a "middleman" is a very precarious way of framing business. That's why I keep it inside quotes.

Oh you seems to be talking about different thing from us.  Original thread titled "Buy on FIVERR and resell it on FIVERR... Highly recommended!"  they have been talking about rotating it like penny stock or something. Sort of similar process to buying wallmart's good then selling on ebay.  For us seller it has 0% value. To continue to make consistent income with Fiverr our number one priority is "Establish regular client" and doing orders consistently timely matter. Any wasted time with middleman (not agent) that can't make decision itself will only left us with less income and no regular clients. Fiverr's middleman usually doesn't leave review too if they do that it shows connection original seller.  You could argue these middleman can bring more orders but no one wants to depend on one person.  It's better to have 10 satisfied clients that may come back rather than one shady middleman who could just stop whenever he wants.

Archived