Buy on FIVERR and resell it on FIVERR... Highly recommended!

theunknown0000

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/14/2022 at 9:22 AM, katakatica said:

Now actually NETWORKING with other sellers and redirecting buyers to them when you have too much on your plate - I think is fine. But taking credit for their work is kinda sketchy. (but it's not against any rules, so...)

💯

It's a great way to build up referral business! Don't corner yourself into a bad situation. If you can't do the work as described, be honest about it. 

16 hours ago, mihimaldesign said:

It’s not good. Think like you  are in a physical market and if you want to buy something. You don’t like to give extra money to someone for the same item you can buy from the same market. This is not outsourcing. 

You are wrong. It is not the same object. It is that object in another larger and more structured project. Everything bigger and everything more beautiful. When you go to buy an AUDI car, do you also find tires with the AUDI brand? I do not think so.

20 hours ago, bigbeardvo said:

💯

It's a great way to build up referral business! Don't corner yourself into a bad situation. If you can't do the work as described, be honest about it. 

I never get in trouble. I know how to manage the sale well as you can see from the feedback. Thank you.

On 1/14/2022 at 9:22 PM, katakatica said:

I needed to read this twice to understand but - 

I disagree with you.

I'm a writer, first and foremost - after all, I was a writer before being a seller/freelancer. Purchasing from other writers and selling their work as mine - to me - does not appeal at all. The reason people buy from me is ME (well, my style, and probably my cute profile picture...) Abandoning that just to be able to please more people is a bad idea. I'm sure there are much better writers on here than me (after all, some people have more experience in the field than I have been alive...) but I am ME and that's literally the only unique selling factor about my stuff, so...

Now actually NETWORKING with other sellers and redirecting buyers to them when you have too much on your plate - I think is fine. But taking credit for their work is kinda sketchy. (but it's not against any rules, so...)

I think is more about agreement and be honest at first. If both agree, then it should be problem. 

I don't think this is the most accurate advice, this thing should be considered as a trade where you're just a middleman. I am not saying outsourcing is wrong but labelling someone else's work as yours is not right. What if next time the client comes back to you for the work and the person from whom you got the last order isn't doing it anymore. You'd hurt your own reputation as well as the client's expectation. Outsourcing as a business is good but as a indivual artist we should focus on giving what we can on our own. If you really want to outsource than starting an agency an putting it out before talking orders should be a good practice.

On 1/23/2022 at 3:06 PM, harshj2005 said:

I don't think this is the most accurate advice, this thing should be considered as a trade where you're just a middleman. I am not saying outsourcing is wrong but labelling someone else's work as yours is not right. What if next time the client comes back to you for the work and the person from whom you got the last order isn't doing it anymore. You'd hurt your own reputation as well as the client's expectation. Outsourcing as a business is good but as a indivual artist we should focus on giving what we can on our own. If you really want to outsource than starting an agency an putting it out before talking orders should be a good practice.

I'm sorry but I think we are on two completely different wavelengths.

18 hours ago, theunknown0000 said:

I'm sorry but I think we are on two completely different wavelengths.

Maybe we are and you mean it in some other way, however my comment was if in case we use someone else work then we have to mention that even if it is a team or partner.

Yes, I do this all the time. I create videos and animations, and have a network of voiceover artists on fiverr who give me special discounted prices. So, when my clients buy my "video + voiceover" package, they get the voiceover as an extra for a reasonable price and they don't have to be bothered about ordering it from a different seller.

I agree partialy to you. If there is a part of the job that you can´t do, ok buy from another seller this part then resell to your customer, I´m very ok about this action. But.... the big problem in Fiverr are the "prefessional resellers", people that don´t do any part of the job, they just catch a customer, says "all right, I will do it", then goes to a serious seller and asks him to do the job, then resells to his customer. This kind of action can destroy Fiverr´s economy (and anyother economy in real life).

Let me show an example:

The person "A" isn´t an animator, then he goes looking for customers in Buyer Requests, he sees somebody (Person "B") asking for an animation of 5 minutes and an offer of $100. Then person A bids the request with an offer of $80 and gets the job. But remember, person A isn´t an animator, he can´t do the job. Then he goes search on Fiverr for a serious animator (person C) and offers him $40 for the same 5 minutes. Very oftem person A also just repost in buyers request the same job that person B posted before, but with a lower offer. Maybe a person D (that isn´t an animator too, but professional reseller) can bid this project saying that he does it for just $20, then he will repost for $10...  This kind of action is madness and creates a terrible chain of low prices, bad quality services and high stress for both customers and serious professionals.

Thats the reason I am against outsourcing, and I think that professional ressellers must be banned from Fiverr.

1 hour ago, chessart_studio said:

I agree partialy to you. If there is a part of the job that you can´t do, ok buy from another seller this part then resell to your customer, I´m very ok about this action. But.... the big problem in Fiverr are the "prefessional resellers", people that don´t do any part of the job, they just catch a customer, says "all right, I will do it", then goes to a serious seller and asks him to do the job, then resells to his customer. This kind of action can destroy Fiverr´s economy (and anyother economy in real life).

Let me show an example:

The person "A" isn´t an animator, then he goes looking for customers in Buyer Requests, he sees somebody (Person "B") asking for an animation of 5 minutes and an offer of $100. Then person A bids the request with an offer of $80 and gets the job. But remember, person A isn´t an animator, he can´t do the job. Then he goes search on Fiverr for a serious animator (person C) and offers him $40 for the same 5 minutes. Very oftem person A also just repost in buyers request the same job that person B posted before, but with a lower offer. Maybe a person D (that isn´t an animator too, but professional reseller) can bid this project saying that he does it for just $20, then he will repost for $10...  This kind of action is madness and creates a terrible chain of low prices, bad quality services and high stress for both customers and serious professionals.

Thats the reason I am against outsourcing, and I think that professional ressellers must be banned from Fiverr.

In the example you gave, you described a person randomly looking for someone who sells him the finished product. Highly risky since you do not know the seriousness of the seller with whom you will have to deal. Impossible. I am very far away. I always work with the same people who don't do the job for me, but help me with the nuances. They are always the same, serious, capable and helpful and I never undergo them. I don't gamble. I'm on the safe side.

Also, I remind you, that my best clients are marketing companies. Companies rely on them throughout the advertising industry, and marketing companies rely on me for my specialty. Just like I do here on FIVERR. I believe I am helping the FIVERR market. 😉

Really this topic didn't start in its best shape, but the ignorance from a lot of people is what is making it stand.

Banning outsourcing on the platform? Do you think Fiverr would want to miss on all those 20% fees all along? Really? By following this logic, the platform should be the first to be banned then! Taking 20% on every transaction, plus the order fee from buyers, smh.

This would even defeat the very reason people come to buy on this platform. They are mostly businesspeople leveraging your services for profit. Big fat profit margins, even more than those resellers you're talking about. Look at all categories - we are just a commodity for them. Just wake up please guys.

Also if you want to refuse a gig just because someone might possibly be leveraging it to their own interests, then just don't, or if you think you're being targeted, then raise your prices. You're not forced to sell anyway, so why the witch hunting?

11 hours ago, markvideodesign said:

In realtà questo argomento non è iniziato nella sua forma migliore, ma l'ignoranza di molte persone è ciò che lo sta facendo stare.

Vietare l'outsourcing sulla piattaforma? Pensi che Fiverr vorrebbe perdere tutte quelle commissioni del 20% per tutto il tempo? Veramente? Seguendo questa logica, allora la piattaforma dovrebbe essere la prima ad essere bannata! Prendendo il 20% su ogni transazione, più la commissione dell'ordine dagli acquirenti, smh.

Ciò annullerebbe persino il motivo stesso per cui le persone vengono ad acquistare su questa piattaforma. Sono per lo più uomini d'affari che sfruttano i tuoi servizi a scopo di lucro. Grandi margini di profitto, anche più di quei rivenditori di cui stai parlando. Guarda tutte le categorie: siamo solo una merce per loro. Svegliatevi per favore ragazzi.

Inoltre, se vuoi rifiutare un concerto solo perché qualcuno potrebbe sfruttarlo per i propri interessi, allora semplicemente non farlo, o se pensi di essere preso di mira, allora aumenta i prezzi. Comunque non sei obbligato a vendere, quindi perché la caccia alle streghe?

Your words are the most realistic I've heard in this topic. You understood perfectly the meaning of what I said. If you want to build a business this is the method. Mine was advice but I found myself dealing with hypocrisy and rhetoric. Many people who answered me, in fact, either do not sell anything discarding other methods or do a job that doesn't allow them to do so.

On 1/14/2022 at 5:02 AM, theunknown0000 said:

Have you ever purchased a service on FIVERR and then resold it to your customers? In my opinion, it is not "crafty" at all, far from it.
Often the customer, in addition to making the classic requests about your service offered, will ask you for additional related services. It will therefore happen that you are not purely prepared to create whatever they ask of you. That's why a good way to flood your business is to buy it at an affordable price and resell it to your customer. Some will think it's not too nice but it isn't. It is true that we all like to create something artistic and original, but for this very reason, sometimes, we have to go and buy from other professionals who allow us to deliver always excellent and professional work. After all, before being artists we are SELLERS. The customer will find a finished product made of research and experience, with perfect deliveries without having to move a finger on the keyboard and without spending additional time. A network of contacts with other sellers is therefore very important.

This is my advice. Hope someone can help.

Happy FIVERR!

Alessandro

THEUNKNOWN0000

Whomever you are buying from, I will defs find out and tell them to increase their prices and never sell anything to you again. This is a disgusting post, so shady and dishonest. How about you learn to do the work you're selling?

I'm also going to report this. You shouldn't be allowed to have an account, shame on you. You just can't come here and exploit other artists for your own benefit. Really, shame on you.

7 hours ago, ruthsalmun said:

Whomever you are buying from, I will defs find out and tell them to increase their prices and never sell anything to you again. This is a disgusting post, so shady and dishonest. How about you learn to do the work you're selling?

I'm also going to report this. You shouldn't be allowed to have an account, shame on you. You just can't come here and exploit other artists for your own benefit. Really, shame on you.

Rut, take it easy. Please calm down and please try not to offend. You don't know who I am, what I do, and how I do it. Use your time to improve your business instead of starting lost causes against others.

On 1/23/2022 at 4:06 PM, harshj2005 said:

I am not saying outsourcing is wrong but labelling someone else's work as yours is not right.

You should know that some of the most successful sellers outsource their work and mostly handle administrative stuff. Which I agree is very unfair, since they label someone else's work their own and receive reviews on their own profile. But it is what it is.

3 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

You should know that some of the most successful sellers outsource their work and mostly handle administrative stuff. Which I agree is very unfair, since they label someone else's work their own and receive reviews on their own profile. But it is what it is.

I'm really sorry but you didn't read that right too. I do 99% of the work. I ask for help only for 1%. We try to keep our feet on the ground instead of judging.

34 minutes ago, theunknown0000 said:

I'm really sorry but you didn't read that right too. I do 99% of the work. I ask for help only for 1%. We try to keep our feet on the ground instead of judging.

I wasn't talking about you, I was quoting someone else. And as I said in my message, I know Pro and Top Rated Sellers that don't do any of the work themselves, just the administrative stuff like managing orders, outsourcing and delivering on Fiverr, etc. It seems your case is different, but as I said, my post had nothing to do with you.

Regardless, a lot of people are against outsourcing here, since they are sellers and no one wants to have their work resold for more. It's unethical and unfair. But the world's economy is built on outsourcing so...

20 hours ago, theunknown0000 said:

Rut, take it easy. Please calm down and please try not to offend. You don't know who I am, what I do, and how I do it. Use your time to improve your business instead of starting lost causes against others.

I hope you are not doing what I think you are, because so many artists get exploited like this. Someone will buy stuff from them, then resell, they end up doing most of the work for less than they should. So I really hope you are not a part of this, because for this same reason there's so many people that come to freelance platforms and cause us to lower our rates.

On 1/14/2022 at 3:22 PM, katakatica said:

I needed to read this twice to understand but - 

I disagree with you.

I'm a writer, first and foremost - after all, I was a writer before being a seller/freelancer. Purchasing from other writers and selling their work as mine - to me - does not appeal at all. The reason people buy from me is ME (well, my style, and probably my cute profile picture...) Abandoning that just to be able to please more people is a bad idea. I'm sure there are much better writers on here than me (after all, some people have more experience in the field than I have been alive...) but I am ME and that's literally the only unique selling factor about my stuff, so...

Yeah, your profile picture is pretty cute.

Archived