My new Mediterranean diet!

manuelmarino

Ok, today I tell you about my new Mediterranean diet!

Breakfast: milk and coffee. No biscuits, no nothing, just milk.

Lunch: 70grams of carboidrats (pasta or bread) and a mediterranean product (pomodoro sauce, eggplants, etc etc)

Evening: fish or meat, a medium portion with salad and pomodoro.

During the day, or the night (we work at night, right? 😄 ) fruits, usually apples, oranges or bananas

7 hours ago, cs_evans said:

My diet consists of only the worthless junk people post in the forums.  I am morbidly obese.

You need to stop snacking on all the cold, tasteless noobie nuggets. They're made of 100% artificial ingredients, filled with work-free laziness, topped with useless fluff, and sprinkled with low-nutrient Fiberr.

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2022 at 5:55 PM, manuelmarino said:

Ok, today I tell you about my new Mediterranean diet!

Breakfast: milk and coffee. No biscuits, no nothing, just milk.

Lunch: 70grams of carboidrats (pasta or bread) and a mediterranean product (pomodoro sauce, eggplants, etc etc)

Evening: fish or meat, a medium portion with salad and pomodoro.

During the day, or the night (we work at night, right? 😄 ) fruits, usually apples, oranges or bananas

I’m sorry to break it to you but that’s not a Mediterranean diet.

that sounds like a guesstimate of what an Italian would eat back in the 1930s.

I would recommend googling Italian or Greek articles and then translating them if you really want to follow a legitimate and balanced Mediterranean diet.

16 minutes ago, frank_d said:

would recommend googling Italian or Greek articles and then translating them

so strange, because I'm Italian... mmmmm, yes! I'm Italian 😄

so, if a Mediterranean diet is not made of Mediterranean products (and we have plenty of that here), how is a Mediterranean diet? 🙂

20 minutes ago, manuelmarino said:

so strange, because I'm Italian... mmmmm, yes! I'm Italian 😄

so, if a Mediterranean diet is not made of Mediterranean products (and we have plenty of that here), how is a Mediterranean diet? 🙂

Well it depends: do you consider eating Italian products a Mediterranean diet?

Is it solely the origin of the products that makes this a Mediterranean diet?

By my standards a Mediterranean diet would include more things like legumes, more fiber, less fruit/more vegetables with olive oil, more yogurt/white cheese.

That’s closer to what I was introduced as a Mediterranean diet when I asked nutritionists.

I had no idea you were Italian, but considered that regimen a “Mediterranean diet”. 

Archived