Fiverr's Lack of Transparency with Sellers

markksantos

Hello everyone,

I am writing here today because I want to express my concerns with the lack of transparency from Fiverr with its sellers. Suddenly, my gigs that used to get thousands of impressions every day now don't even get a hundred and are not eligible for the promotion.

When I asked Fiverr customer support about this, they told me that there are some "internal eligibility standards," "additional quality metrics," and other metrics that can affect my gigs.

The lack of transparency from Fiverr regarding those "internal eligibility standards," "additional quality metrics," and other statistics makes me feel anxious and frightened as a seller on the platform.

I am writing this bring light on to the importance of sharing these statistics with the sellers so they can work on improving and being the best seller Fiverr wants us to be.

From reading the forum, I noticed that I am not the only one with these concerns. I see that questions such as "How to become a Top Rated Seller?", or "Why am I getting less impressions?" are extremely common here and is a concern that many seller are having. I know Fiverr says that they take a deeper look into your work ethic and all communications to promote sellers to a Top Rated Badge, but that just sounds too vague in my opinion. I wish there were specific guidelines on how to become a Top Rated Seller.

(IF YOU ARE A SELLER AND ALSO HAVE THESE QUESTIONS PLEASE COMMENT BELOW YOUR EXPERIENCES or HEART THIS POST)

I hope that someone relevant inside Fiverr's Product Management team reads this so they can improve on being more transparent with their sellers.

I like the way you expressed your concerns. Yes we all would love to know the internal quality metrics. But the reality is that it’s Fiverr’s private business recipe. But I don’t think it’s that complicated. It’s all based on the simple act of ethical and solid business practices mixed with a bit of kindness. 

1 hour ago, markksantos said:

Hello everyone,

I am writing here today because I want to express my concerns with the lack of transparency from Fiverr with its sellers. Suddenly, my gigs that used to get thousands of impressions every day now don't even get a hundred and are not eligible for the promotion.

When I asked Fiverr customer support about this, they told me that there are some "internal eligibility standards," "additional quality metrics," and other metrics that can affect my gigs.

The lack of transparency from Fiverr regarding those "internal eligibility standards," "additional quality metrics," and other statistics makes me feel anxious and frightened as a seller on the platform.

I am writing this bring light on to the importance of sharing these statistics with the sellers so they can work on improving and being the best seller Fiverr wants us to be.

From reading the forum, I noticed that I am not the only one with these concerns. I see that questions such as "How to become a Top Rated Seller?", or "Why am I getting less impressions?" are extremely common here and is a concern that many seller are having. I know Fiverr says that they take a deeper look into your work ethic and all communications to promote sellers to a Top Rated Badge, but that just sounds too vague in my opinion. I wish there were specific guidelines on how to become a Top Rated Seller.

(IF YOU ARE A SELLER AND ALSO HAVE THESE QUESTIONS PLEASE COMMENT BELOW YOUR EXPERIENCES or HEART THIS POST)

I hope that someone relevant inside Fiverr's Product Management team reads this so they can improve on being more transparent with their sellers.

I totally agree with you! I also have been experiencing a sharp decrease in impressions, clicks, and orders for about a month despite not having canceled or gotten negative reviews. Suddenly, I get the notification that I am no longer eligible for the "Promote Your Gig" feature despite having 400+ positive reviews with an average of 4.9 when I see sellers in my same category with only 5-10 reviews and an average of 4.4 / 4.7.

On 10/1/2021 at 1:45 PM, melissaharlowvo said:

I like the way you expressed your concerns. Yes we all would love to know the internal quality metrics. But the reality is that it’s Fiverr’s private business recipe. But I don’t think it’s that complicated. It’s all based on the simple act of ethical and solid business practices mixed with a bit of kindness. 

At the end of the day, it would be beneficial for Fiverr to show more analytics to their sellers. The more the seller knows about how they are performing, the better they are going to perform. Don't you agree? 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, theratypist said:

True, but I see it rolling out to newer sellers too. @fiveroptic1 hey did the Seller Plus program just appear for you randomly?

Hi @theratypist, I may have clicked on a link or something to apply but, honestly, I can't remember. Either way, given the numbers of sellers who must be applying since it was launched  - I'm still surprised that I was invited and/or accepted so soon after joining the platform. No doubt, as with everything else on 5r, there is a selection algo at work that filters sellers who want to join - maybe I got lucky??  

21 minutes ago, fiveroptic1 said:

No doubt, as with everything else on 5r, there is a selection algo at work that filters sellers who want to join - maybe I got lucky??  

Thanks for the response! Haha, although I share the same sentiment you mentioned a couple weeks ago on how they will manage the number of people being overseen by one success manager! 😅

Who knows! - They've got to be selective that's for sure!! I have my first virtual meeting next Wednesday which is diarised for 1/2 hour.

I found this - https://www.fiverr.com/jobs/QjkuRTE2, which sheds some light on what the success manager role entails, what is expected and the time each seller is likely given. Interesting reading.... 

Although, in the opening paragraph it says "Fiverr is looking for a Customer Success Manager who will drive retention and growth among our most valuable customers by understanding their business needs and helping them succeed."  Quite how I'm "among Fiverr's most valuable customers", after only 2 months on the platform is anyone's guess! 😄 

Archived