Anyone else getting unnecessary bad reviews lately?

louismihael

I have been on Fiverr for about 2 years now and during this 2 years. I haven't hardly gotten any bad reviews. However, it seems like here lately that all I have been getting is bad reviews. I haven't done anything different from before. Is anyone else experiencing these too? Also I think its completely stupid that we the seller/freelancer can't see the reviews until after we give our review of the buyer/client. Since they are the clients, I feel like I have to give them a good review. To be honest all the buyers except one or two was good buyers. I just feel like it wrong that we give them good reviews for only them to give us bad reviews. BTW all the of the bad reviews even mention in the reviews that I did do the job correctly, yet got a bad review still. 

I wish Fiverr would do more to protect us freelancer/sellers. 

Could there be some sort of a misunderstanding/ communication issue? 

Maybe your clients are expecting something else from your services? You could still be doing the job correctly - some people just like constant communication!

(I also give good reviews to everyone and agree the system is faulty but it's more unbiased like this. However it does take away our freedom to say anything (since if we leave a negative review but get a positive one from the buyer it could be strange!)

1 hour ago, louismihael said:

Also I think its completely stupid that we the seller/freelancer can't see the reviews until after we give our review of the buyer/client.

Why would you need to see a buyer review, in order to rate the buyer on your own impressions about working with them? Their review of you (as a seller), has nothing to do with your personal impressions of them (as a buyer).

Since they are the clients, I feel like I have to give them a good review.

Give them an honest review. That's the only thing that matters (when if comes to a review).

BTW all the of the bad reviews even mention in the reviews that I did do the job correctly, yet got a bad review still. 

You, as a seller, do not deserve a good review, just because you think you did the job correctly. That's not the point of reviews. The buyer can choose to leave a review, if he/she wants to, and it is entirely up to him/her as to whether that review is a good one, or a bad one. Just as you are offered to do the same blind review of him/her, as well.

17 hours ago, katakatica said:

Could there be some sort of a misunderstanding/ communication issue? 

Maybe your clients are expecting something else from your services? You could still be doing the job correctly - some people just like constant communication!

(I also give good reviews to everyone and agree the system is faulty but it's more unbiased like this. However it does take away our freedom to say anything (since if we leave a negative review but get a positive one from the buyer it could be strange!)

Most all of the bad reviews give me 4 or 5 out 5 stars on communication and many reviews have said that they like how I always keep them up to date. 

17 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Why would you need to see a buyer review, in order to rate the buyer on your own impressions about working with them? Their review of you (as a seller), has nothing to do with your personal impressions of them (as a buyer).

Why I would I need to give a review for a buyer for me to see their review for me? It stupid that Fivirr does this, there's no reason for it. 

Give them an honest review. That's the only thing that matters (when if comes to a review).

Please read my original post again. As I said most all the buyer I worked with has been good until the review part. 

You, as a seller, do not deserve a good review, just because you think you did the job correctly. That's not the point of reviews. The buyer can choose to leave a review, if he/she wants to, and it is entirely up to him/her as to whether that review is a good one, or a bad one. Just as you are offered to do the same blind review of him/her, as well.

Again read my original post. I never said that I think I did the job correctly. It was the buyers in their reviews that said that I did the job correctly.  

37 minutes ago, louismihael said:
18 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Why I would I need to give a review for a buyer for me to see their review for me? It stupid that Fivirr does this, there's no reason for it. 

Your suggestions is a precise reason for this 😉 

Fiverr did it to avoid “revenge” reviews as in your case. You are asking to see a review first so if it’s bad then you could also leave bad review for buyer. Fiverr doesn’t want that. They want your honest opinion of working with buyer not “he left me 4 stars so I will also give him 4 stars” 

55 minutes ago, louismihael said:

Because Fiverr wants you to review the buyer based on the order, not the review the buyer gave you. This reasoning makes a great deal of sense.

57 minutes ago, louismihael said:

Please read my original post again. As I said most all the buyer I worked with has been good until the review part. 

Please read my comment again. Fiverr wants honest reviews of the order/transaction. You don't need to see the buyer's review in order for you to leave an honest review. You are reviewing the buyer/order, not the buyer's review of you.

59 minutes ago, louismihael said:

It was the buyers in their reviews that said that I did the job correctly.

And why would you need to see this before YOU leave a review of the buyer/order?

14 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Because Fiverr wants you to review the buyer based on the order, not the review the buyer gave you. This reasoning makes a great deal of sense.

Please read my comment again. Fiverr wants honest reviews of the order/transaction. You don't need to see the buyer's review in order for you to leave an honest review. You are reviewing the buyer/order, not the buyer's review of you.

And why would you need to see this before YOU leave a review of the buyer/order?

14 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Your suggestions is a precise reason for this 😉 

Fiverr did it to avoid “revenge” reviews as in your case. You are asking to see a review first so if it’s bad then you could also leave bad review for buyer. Fiverr doesn’t want that. They want your honest opinion of working with buyer not “he left me 4 stars so I will also give him 4 stars” 

Both of you are saying that its because Fiverr want us to give a honest reviews for the buyers. The whole point of this thread is that I don't feel like the buyers are giving a honest reviews. A good examples is that buyer gave me a bad review because he claimed I didn't contact him. I'm more than happy to share screenshots of my multiple messages to this buyer. I never heard back from him until he left that bad review. Also if a buyer is dissatisfied with the seller's services then why approved the delivery and not say anything to the seller? Fiverr should setup a private review for us sellers just like how they do for buyers.

14 hours ago, j6nyc6 said:

When you offer a service that promotes to a target audience (ex: 5,000 people), some of your clients will not be completely satisfied seeing only 30 clicks. They might be expecting more and walk away feeling unsatisfied. 

And I completely understand that. I'm assuming you looked at my profile. This review I don't look at as a bad review because I understood their dissatisfied of the delivery. That job was quite hard because the genre of the buyer's comic wasn't really what I normally promote. Which I did explain this to the buyer before they ordered. 

On 10/1/2021 at 7:40 AM, louismihael said:

Also I think its completely stupid that we the seller/freelancer can't see the reviews until after we give our review of the buyer/client.

Well they are trying to avoid what happened in the past. Sellers were reviewing based on how they were reviewed, so there wasn't any honesty. 

On 10/1/2021 at 7:40 AM, louismihael said:

Since they are the clients, I feel like I have to give them a good review.

No you don't. You have to share an honest review. If the person was unprofessional or hard to work with, manipulated the order system or stuff like that, why would you share a positive rating? I always focus on being honest with my reviews. I rarely give bad reviews to customers, that's true, but if a person deserves that, they get it. There are people that did the things I mentioned above or which expect unlimited support for a $5 gig, even if it's not provided.

5 hours ago, louismihael said:

Both of you are saying that its because Fiverr want us to give a honest reviews for the buyers.

And both of us are correct.

The whole point of this thread is that I don't feel like the buyers are giving a honest reviews. A good examples is that buyer gave me a bad review because he claimed I didn't contact him. I'm more than happy to share screenshots of my multiple messages to this buyer. I never heard back from him until he left that bad review.

A buyer can leave any review they feel reflects how THEY felt about the order. And, once you are able to see their review, you are able to leave a response to their review, and tell your side of the story. You response shows up beneath their review.

Also if a buyer is dissatisfied with the seller's services then why approved the delivery and not say anything to the seller?

That is up to the buyer. Not all buyers react the same way. But all buyers are allowed to leave any review that they feel reflects THEIR experience.

Fiverr should setup a private review for us sellers just like how they do for buyers.

Why? Private reviews of sellers count toward our unseen seller metrics, and have an affect on search engine visibility. Buyers do not have the same metrics, therefore, a private review from a seller would serve no purpose.

18 hours ago, jonbaas said:

And both of us are correct.

A buyer can leave any review they feel reflects how THEY felt about the order. And, once you are able to see their review, you are able to leave a response to their review, and tell your side of the story. You response shows up beneath their review.

That is up to the buyer. Not all buyers react the same way. But all buyers are allowed to leave any review that they feel reflects THEIR experience.

Why? Private reviews of sellers count toward our unseen seller metrics, and have an affect on search engine visibility. Buyers do not have the same metrics, therefore, a private review from a seller would serve no purpose.

First of all there is nothing you can say to change my mind about how Fiverr doesn't do anything to protect us sellers. 

What they can do with Private reviews for us seller, is have it like how UserTesting does it. UserTesting is website where people can sign up to be beta tester for a company's websites, apps, or games. If the company gives a beta tester a bad review, UserTesting will investigate the reason for this bad review, especially when you a high ranked beta tester. If UserTesting founds that the company made false and dishonest review then that company gets a warning strike. So 3 strikes, you're out or however many times it is, I'm not quite sure. Then that company bad review of you will be remove from your profile and will not effect your rank or metrics.

This is something that Fiverr could easily do. I'll use the same example as before with the buyer who claimed that I didn't contact them. In the private review I could dispute the buyers review and send Fiverr screenshots of my multiple messages to the buyer and Fiverr could look over it. Then Fiverr will see that it was an unnecessary and dishonest review and Fiverr can remove that review from my profile and will not effect my rank or metrics. 

I understand what a lot of people are saying, but it's a fact that I can write a misleading review as a buyer and nothing happens. I can order from any of you, accept the delivery, and then rate 1 star and say everything sucked, even if you did everything as I requested, and there's nothing you can do about it. If enough people decide to do it, your account is ruined.

It makes sense to have an option to have Fiverr investigate and remove reviews that contain provable lies, at least. Of course that would be very difficult to implement, I get it. But the current system is exploitable.

Peoples expectations and what they looking for is different from one a another. I think you should give more time to understand clients requirements , scope of work and deadlines. Better communication and understanding requirements is very important. That will help to avoid misunderstanding and get both of you good understanding what you are doing. Always speak polite make things professionals. We have ups and downs time to time  but don't give-up on what you doing. Focus on their bad reviews and try to identify your side mistakes which you didn't able to see yourself. Focus on those areas and improve your skills. Good luck and don't give up.

11 hours ago, louismihael said:

If the company gives a beta tester a bad review, UserTesting will investigate the reason for this bad review, especially when you a high ranked beta tester.

And how do you know Fiverr doesn't already have metrics that track this kind of behavior?

If UserTesting founds that the company made false and dishonest review then that company gets a warning strike.

Your definition of a "false and dishonest" review, does not make that review a bad review. Fiverr is not going to police the personal impressions of buyers, especially since Fiverr WANTS the personal impressions of buyers in reviews. You cannot force buyers to give you the kind of reviews YOU want. Buyer reviews are entirely the right of the buyer leaving the review. You can respond to that review (after you are able to see their review), and share your own view of it. Then you can move on to the next order.

This is something that Fiverr could easily do.

I don't see it happening. It is not practical for Fiverr to police all buyer reviews, and establish what is and is not "honest". That defeats the purpose of a buyer being free to leave whatever review they choose. Your definition of "honest" should not be imposed upon your buyers. That would not be honest.

Archived