Duplicate payment - twice what should i do - help me - i am worried

guna08

Question

Hi All 

I am deeply sad now , already got hit by Covid however manage to keep my sprint working on small project so found a seller did everything towards the payment of the order 

it was keep failing and after some time came back again continue with payment it errored out again , however i got a  message notificartion from my credit card bank that there were two payment made , i paniced and created a support ticket  - contacted the seller he informed me that he did not receive the payment , i created a support ticket i would like know what is turn around time of the support ticket - do they solve this kind of things quickly - i am very much worried is there anything that i need to do apart from creating support ticket to fiverr ! 

Thanks

Guna 

• Like 7

11 answers to this question

From my experience, I can also say that they solve this kind of issue quickly, sometimes within hours, I think within 1 or two days at the most. 

I'd be a bit careful with contacting your bank, though, if your bank thinks you want to do a chargeback for that money, and will do that, that would be against Fiverr's terms, and your account might get suspended, which would cost you additional time to figure out with support. I'd just wait until they can sort it out, and only contact your bank in case Fiverr wouldn't be able to make things right for some reason (which never happened in any of the cases where customers of mine had this issue).

You just want Fiverr to cancel and refund you for one order, and to "nudge" one order to go through to the seller, after all, and doing a chargeback through your bank might interfere/be counterproductive.

In any case, don't worry, they'll certainly sort it out, when they get to your ticket.

Edited by miiila
  • Like 10

5 minutes ago, guna08 said:

do they solve this kind of things quickly

From experience, they usually respond within a few hours. However, it may take longer on busier days. Rest assured, Customer Support will be able to look into it.

5 minutes ago, guna08 said:

is there anything that i need to do apart from creating support ticket to fiverr ! 

I suggest you contact your bank.

• Like 7

I don't think it happens often compared to the huge amount of orders that are done through Fiverr every day. I've done about 1700 orders as a seller here, and only a handful of buyers had this issue, and as a buyer it never happened to me (but I've only bought two or max three dozen times) if that's any consolation. In one case, the buyer told me she probably clicked too quickly or too often because the page was still loading, and she thought nothing would happen, which probably caused the issue. Just something to maybe keep in mind next time, but it also can be a glitch due to your internet connection, or some issue on either segment of your bank <> Fiverr payment processor <>Fiverr.

• Like 7

Did you check your Fiverr balance to see if they refunded you and that's why they closed the ticket? You can reopen closed tickets again, by the way, if you're not satisfied with a solution, at least that's my experience, as long as the ticket isn't too old.

Your screenshot does look very weird, I didn't have a single ticket (and I've had quite a few over the years) where they did not respond at all and just set the ticket as solved without a single message, looks like some accident to me, sometimes staff makes mistakes, they are all just humans like we too.

Here on the forum, we're just other users trying to help each other out here on the forum, we can't do more than that. I'd try to reopen the ticket and calmly ask them why they set it to "Solved".

• Like 8

Thanks for the quick turnaround , i have not contacted my bank yet , i have attached the two payment message notification to fiverr support ticket. 

finger  crossed hopefully they revert me the extra money , also i wonder why the order no or order id has not been provided , this is my first time experinece with fiverr i am already worried dont if i will circle back here again when fiverr portal is buggy ! :(( 

i will wait for  the support team to respond , thanks again my friend  

Edited by guna08
  • Like 6

Nice to know about your orders , thats impressive. Being a middle tier J2EE coder myself i believe they should improve their payment Transaction  code, there is always a thumb rule that we follow as developer either full commit or rollback , wonder what they written because i did not got order id or order no for both the successful transaction something buggy the crazy part is I got an error msg too , anyways i will keep in my mind next time to be extra careful but this is crazy :((  . its been 9 hours my ticket is still open , usually anything related payment it should be p1 ticket (SLA 4 hours )its a common norms in IT field. I think i am complain too much about fiverr there is defiantly a room for improvement . 

Edited by guna08
  • Like 7

On 8/3/2021 at 11:09 PM, miiila said:

I don't think it happens often compared to the huge amount of orders that are done through Fiverr every day. I've done about 1700 orders as a seller here, and only a handful of buyers had this issue, and as a buyer it never happened to me (but I've only bought two or max three dozen times) if that's any consolation. In one case, the buyer told me she probably clicked too quickly or too often because the page was still loading, and she thought nothing would happen, which probably caused the issue. Just something to maybe keep in mind next time, but it also can be a glitch due to your internet connection, or some issue on either segment of your bank <> Fiverr payment processor <>Fiverr.

Hey Look at this nice gesture of Fiverr , they just closed my ticket without any closing comments , now i have to go to my credit card issuer see what has been done. This fiverr is really frustrating and their professional work sucks ! how can they just close the ticket without any closing comment and mark it as "Resolved" WTAF , Anyways just wanted to keep you in the loop , i am very confident that once this is resolved i aint coming back to fiverr at all ! i really dont want to pursue my project here ! 

Screenshot 2021-08-05 at 7.04.16 AM.png

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, festimkorpuzi said:

want to asky you if they solved your problem or i need to contact the bank 

They always solve it you just need to contact fiverr support. 
bank wouldn’t be able to solve it fast. 
it might take a day or two for fiverr CS to reply but they always solve this issue 

• Like 6