Can a Buyer After Rating an order and writing a feedback change it through customer support?

arpitjain501

Question

Hi Community,

I have an unusual situation, a buyer bought a gig, accepted delivery, gave a 5 star rating and a good feedback, is now threatening me to change his review by contacting customer support and change it to a bad one, just because i declined to work further with him because of his abusive behavior. 

Is this allowed to change the reviews by buyer through customer support? I mean if he really wanted to write a bad review, he would have done it then and there when he wrote the first review.

16 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, arpitjain501 said:

Strange, Check this message he sent me, which was sent from Fiverr Support to him. 

community.jpg.8431ca4690e12b4c6b2b269cffef5a7d.jpg 

Sorry, here is a more readable version. What he also did was since he could not change his reviews, reported to fiverr that I have sent incomplete delivery, after accepting delivery, rating and giving feedback and I received a warning from Fiverr for no reason.

community.jpg.ccb47ddd7a956b66b4adcf114ccf9476.jpg

4 hours ago, arpitjain501 said:

and I told them it is not possible. A delivery which has been closed, rated, and given a feedback suddenly becomes an incomplete

That wouldn’t work with fiverr CS because the argument always that the buyer might’ve not noticed. What you should do is to send screenshots of what your order included and screenshot of what you delivered as a proof of complete delivery 

1 hour ago, arpitjain501 said:

Immediately I received a warning from fiverr saying "You have used the delivery button wrongly".

1 hour ago, arpitjain501 said:

A delivery which has been closed, rated, and given a feedback suddenly becomes an incomplete delivery after 3 days and given the fact that Fiverr itself has confirmed that this buyer has reported it.

Did you offer any revisions, within the order? If the buyer demanded more work, he would have had the right to do so within the terms of an order with revisions. If you were seen as not having providing the work the buyer asked for (assuming it was within the scope of a revision, as CS might have seen it), I could see how Fiverr would give you a warning for an incomplete delivery. Were there any unfulfilled revision options in that order?

I'm not accusing; I'm trying to help track down the cause of your frustration.

9 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

Well, then go back to CS. If you've genuinely been screwed over then they should be able to spot that and sort it out for you. If they stick with the warning, take it on the chin and move on. And block the buyer. You'll just get the same advice in the forum and no one can solve the problem here. 

Thanks, I get that, blocked the buyer. Just did not expect such response from Fiverr as a seller. Strange and Surprising I guess. The warning did caused harm to my reputation for example, I was about to become a level2 seller and it is now 30 days, I cannot become. I guess punishing seller for no mistake without even hearing sounded strange. But anyways, thanks for your time. Appreciate it.

1 minute ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Well, that’s a different story then. 
it doesn’t look like a message from CS but it might be if you already received a warning for incomplete delivery. 
min your place I would’ve contacted fiverr support right away stating that your buyer is threatening you into doing more free work and that he accused you of incomplete delivery and that is not true and attach screenshots of what was agreed for the order and what you delivered. 

I did exactly what you are saying. This buyer was chatting with me and got upset since I did not agree to his terms, to which he threatened to give a bad feedback and  Immediately I received a warning from fiverr saying "You have used the delivery button wrongly". It was 3am in the night.

In the morning, I contacted Fiverr asking which order has been reported, to which they responded that this buyer has reported it as incomplete delivery. Though I knew it, I just wanted to confirm this, which the Fiverr Support confirmed it. Further they tried explaining me that this warning is due to incomplete delivery and I told them it is not possible. A delivery which has been closed, rated, and given a feedback suddenly becomes an incomplete delivery after 3 days and given the fact that Fiverr itself has confirmed that this buyer has reported it.  Had the buyer wanted to have a refund or cancel the order, he would have apporached customer resolution to which I had no problems refunding his money, but he intentionally chose to report the delivery as incomplete so damage my reputation. 

22 minutes ago, arpitjain501 said:

I received a warning from Fiverr for no reason.

Well, then go back to CS. If you've genuinely been screwed over then they should be able to spot that and sort it out for you. If they stick with the warning, take it on the chin and move on. And block the buyer. You'll just get the same advice in the forum and no one can solve the problem here. 

20 minutes ago, arpitjain501 said:

I received a warning from Fiverr for no reason.

Well, that’s a different story then. 
it doesn’t look like a message from CS but it might be if you already received a warning for incomplete delivery. 
min your place I would’ve contacted fiverr support right away stating that your buyer is threatening you into doing more free work and that he accused you of incomplete delivery and that is not true and attach screenshots of what was agreed for the order and what you delivered. 

2 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

You can be absolutely sure this is from Fiverr can you? Where does it say that? Where is the team members name?

He shared only  this much text with me. Check the language, I am 90% sure this should from Fiverr.  There were couple of more messages he shared with me from Fiverr Support. This happened after 3 days of closure of order and when I  declined to take his new order under his terms. He threatened me to give me a bad rating and when he could not do so, first reported me for incomplete delivery and then contacted customer support. 

8 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

Unless you get this from CS, don't give it another thought. This buyer seems to be making a lot of effort to bully you into providing free work. Block them. 

Strange, Check this message he sent me, which was sent from Fiverr Support to him. 

community.jpg.8431ca4690e12b4c6b2b269cffef5a7d.jpg 

4 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

This buyer seems to be making a lot of effort to bully you into providing free work.

@arpitjain501, I agree with leanne above. The buyer is trying to bully you into getting what he wants, when he knows he cannot have it. He is hoping you are gullible enough to give in to his demands. Customer Support DOES NOT change reviews. I know this for a fact.

2 minutes ago, arpitjain501 said:

The buyer is saying that he has contacted the Customer Support Team who are very much willing to change the review.

Unless you get this from CS, don't give it another thought. This buyer seems to be making a lot of effort to bully you into providing free work. Block them. 

36 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

No, reviews can't be changed and CS certainly wouldn't change it just because he's annoyed about you not working with him anymore. I would block the buyer asap. 

I did blocked the buyer and he is saying he approached customer support after that.

The buyer is lying to you. He cannot force Customer Support to change his review. CS does not manipulate reviews. 

The buyer already left a review. That is the only review he is able to share. 

Don't get into any arguments with that buyer, just thank him, wish him a good day, and, if you want, block him from contacting you.

Archived