Dropped level 2 warning for everyone

asma_dev

Hello everyone I want to share my experience and a mistake that I made on fiverr that cause my level dropped.

I am working since 2018 and i have completed 600+ projects yet.

Few days ago I message a top rated seller and ask about his badge how he achieved top rated badge.

Seller didn’t reply me, but I don’t know that either he mark my message as spam or fiverr communication tool automatically considered it.

Although I received warning of sending spam message and I also lost my level 2 badge.

I don’t think that asking someone directly in chatbox about top rated badge is spam .

But be careful everyone.

Thanks

Why did you ask a random seller about something that you could find easily in the Fiverr help section?

Even on your Analytics page it shows what it takes to become Top Rated Seller ($20k in revenue and 100+ orders among other things)

Reporting you as spam for asking a simple question is a bit of an overreaction, but at the same time, the chat is intended for buyers and orders, not for chatting with random sellers or giving away free advice. That’s what this forum is for.

Being a TRS that gets this type message on a daily basis, let me assure you that it is well within my rights to mark your message for the spam it is.

You violated Fiverr’s Terms of Service.

You can’t message people on the platform unless you are interested in purchasing their gig.

Please read the platform’s ToS.

@cc_animation It is not an overreaction from my POV. I get daily messages from people who break the platform’s ToS and don’t respect my time by asking me about my badges or for work.

It is an unsolicited message, I never asked for it.

If only you had come to the forum with your question about TRS instead of spamming someone and then coming here to talk about losing your level.
The whole forum is dedicated to answering questions like that with lots of TRS among us. There is no need to spam someone for anything.

Being a TRS that gets this type message on a daily basis, let me assure you that it is well within my rights to mark your message for the spam it is.

You can’t message people on the platform unless you are interested in purchasing their gig.

@cc_animation It is not an overreaction from my POV. I get daily messages from people who break the platform’s ToS and don’t respect my time by asking me about my badges or for work.

I understand, if you receive this kind of messages daily it’s annoying and time-consuming.

What I meant to say was: I don’t consider it in the same league as a spammer trying to sell me stuff.

But it’s a ToS violation nonetheless and OP should have known better.

Why did you ask a random seller about something that you could find easily in the Fiverr help section?

Even on your Analytics page it shows what it takes to become Top Rated Seller ($20k in revenue and 100+ orders among other things)

Reporting you as spam for asking a simple question is a bit of an overreaction, but at the same time, the chat is intended for buyers and orders, not for chatting with random sellers or giving away free advice. That’s what this forum is for.

All stats are completed for top rated and even I am waiting for top rated from last 10 months.

My earning is more then 40k$ and I asked many time fiverr support about top rated badge and every time I got same answers that it’s manual review.

My earning is more then 40k$ and I asked many time fiverr support about top rated badge and every time I got same answers that it’s manual review.

And some sellers never become a TRS, no matter their earnings.

I don’t think that asking someone directly in chatbox about top rated badge is spam .

As per Fiverr’s Terms of Service, you’re only allowed to message another seller if you wish to buy something from them.

Guest lloydsolutions

Hello everyone I want to share my experience and a mistake that I made on fiverr that cause my level dropped.

Few days ago I message a top rated seller and ask about his badge how he achieved top rated badge.

Seller didn’t reply me, but I don’t know that either he mark my message as spam or fiverr communication tool automatically considered it.

Although I received warning of sending spam message and I also lost my level 2 badge.

But be careful everyone.

Thanks

Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page under Violations.

I received warning

Your account is now at risk!

Check this out: if you want to protect your account.

Here is the must read updated “warnings” link for the above topic:

But be careful everyone.

Thanks

Everybody already said it, but I’m going to say it again: Fiverr doesn’t allows contacting random people for anything else besides anything related to a sale

If you want to ask something to random people, the forum is your place to go. Avoid contacting people on Fiverr just to ask off-topic questions, or offer projects or services. It is against ToS.

It was very naive of you, now good luck at recovering your level 2 seller badge.

I was in contact with him for a project,

And randomly I asked my question there were no intention.

I was in contact with him for a project,

And randomly I asked my question there were no intention.

Odd that you add that you were in contact with them on a project after everyone tells you that you should only message sellers if you intend to buy something.

You have already gotten the point from the posts here but when Fiverr told you that TRS is a manually chosen thing, you should have just closed the book on the subject. You either get TRS or you don’t. It isn’t like Level 1 or 2 where you automatically level up if you meet all the standards. Fiverr has to notice your Gig and think it is worthy of TRS before you can get that badge. There are a ton of sellers who have been Level 2 for literally YEARS.

I am sure you learned a valuable lesson about reaching out to sellers here to ask questions that should be brought to the forum for answers.

Cute kid in your pic by the way!

GG

Dear @frank_d

Thanks to guide As I am new on fiverr I will keep this in my mind that not to talk extra or ask anything else beyond purchasing.

Thanks

He obviously marked as spam, but it’s quite rude to lose level cause of this 😕

When i was very beginner i asked a top rated seller how he did success, we had a good conversation, then once i’ve got my lvl 1, someone also asked me tips, everything went fine.

When i was very beginner i asked a top rated seller how he did success

Then you were very fortunate that the seller didn’t flag you! As aforementioned by many others, the Fiverr messaging system is solely for business related inquiries and communication and not for chit-chat, advice, or any other non-order or service related questions.

The criteria for potentially becoming a TRS is visible for all to see, but the unknown X factor that seems to frustrate expectant sellers is the aspect of Fiverr staff personally deciding if a seller should be promoted. For someone with so many sales on the platform, receiving a warning for improperly contacting another seller in regards to something that is open knowledge is really a bad case of shooting yourself in the foot.

I report anyone who contacts me for things unrelated to my gig. I get so many spam/help me messages per day, and it is super annoying and hurts my Response Time. I never signed up to help those people! Some days I am really not in a good mood or stressed with orders, so I feel like just telling them to buzz off, but I always manage to politely telling them ‘no’ before blocking and reporting them.

It is very rude to spam someone, especially when you are a seller yourself, and you know how quickly we respond is measured and available to buyers.

When i was very beginner i asked a top rated seller how he did success

Then you were very fortunate that the seller didn’t flag you! As aforementioned by many others, the Fiverr messaging system is solely for business related inquiries and communication and not for chit-chat, advice, or any other non-order or service related questions.

The criteria for potentially becoming a TRS is visible for all to see, but the unknown X factor that seems to frustrate expectant sellers is the aspect of Fiverr staff personally deciding if a seller should be promoted. For someone with so many sales on the platform, receiving a warning for improperly contacting another seller in regards to something that is open knowledge is really a bad case of shooting yourself in the foot.

Then you were very fortunate that the seller didn’t flag you

Yeah, and there I am :rofl:

Guest gamunu

Just had a similar annoying message from someone looking for help getting an order.

He had clicked a promoted gig so that’s costing me 70 cents…

He had clicked a promoted gig so that’s costing me 70 cents

I had the same kind of experience last week. he asks me for some tips to get orders. but I kind enough to not report it as spam.

He had clicked a promoted gig so that’s costing me 70 cents

I had the same kind of experience last week. he asks me for some tips to get orders. but I kind enough to not report it as spam.

I kind enough to not report it as spam

If you had, maybe he wouldn’t have done the same with me. I made sure to report him as these people don’t learn when you tell them so they just move on to someone else unless you report them.

Guest gamunu

I kind enough to not report it as spam

If you had, maybe he wouldn’t have done the same with me. I made sure to report him as these people don’t learn when you tell them so they just move on to someone else unless you report them.

these people don’t learn when you tell them so they just move on to someone else unless you report them

I couldn’t agree more. Next time when I see a message asking for tips first thing I do is to mark it as a spam. You’re absolutely right

I report anyone who contacts me for things unrelated to my gig. I get so many spam/help me messages per day, and it is super annoying and hurts my Response Time. I never signed up to help those people! Some days I am really not in a good mood or stressed with orders, so I feel like just telling them to buzz off, but I always manage to politely telling them ‘no’ before blocking and reporting them.

It is very rude to spam someone, especially when you are a seller yourself, and you know how quickly we respond is measured and available to buyers.

Yes, this is the main issue with spam. It affects our response time. And the forum and CS exist for a reason, we’re not here to answer all the questions.

Archived