How to get exactly what you are looking for!

barrelofmonkeys

Hello!
Your fear is understandable. 
Fiverr suggests a lot of tools to find the seller you need. It has a really flexible search. You can set it like you want.
To be sure just look at the Top Sellers. Also look at their rates and reviews! Look what they suggest!
You can message them and ask anything you are worried about!
Good luck with your deals!

• Like 42

I'm and web application developer. But I have a keen interest on graphics as well. I read your whole article and I guess it was a perfect post. Most of the buyer don't know what they want. If they proceed like your according, it became easier for both buyer and seller.

• Like 53
  • Up 3

Some good tips here. As a professional artist and illustrator, I've had the chance to design several logos throughout my career. I think that while a sketch is a very good starting point; like others have mentioned not many buyers know how to draw which is one of the reasons they will come to you in the first place. That being said, another great tool that works for me when designing logos, characters, and anything reality is getting plenty of reference images from the buyer. If they are able to send me some logo styles they like, along with a clear design brief I am more likely to nail their design the first time around. 

Also and here's a tip for logo designers, even if the buyer sends you a sketch and some references, and a really good description of what they want. You should make more than one thumbnail sketch so that they have options to choose from. Remember that you are creative in this situation and they will give you a direction but it is your job to take their idea to the next level and show them all the possibilities available to them when they go with your services. Of course, only make one final design for them (unless they paid for more finished concepts) but in the beginning stages, you should aim to do 3-5 quick sketches of their idea and then refine them according to their feedback. To give you a better idea of the process here's a text logo I recently designed for a film and music festival. Here is the original concept sheet I sent them with over 20 concepts. 

FilMusLogo.thumb.png.f3f4fd4ca640d1415f16bdc92b252370.png

• Like 51
  • Thanks 1

Passion is such a good thing to have as a seller and a great benefit for buyers. There is no doubt about that, however, how do you know if a seller is passionate about the work they do? I think there are 3 things you as a buyer should look for when you are hiring anyone in the freelancing space.

1- Communication: Like it's been stated above, communication is super important, and someone that is able to communicate effectively, consistently, and clearly not only shows passion for what they do, but they also show mastery over the service they are offering. You want someone that knows their way around the topic, that knows the industry-specific lingo, and is able to communicate it to you in a clear and easy way so that you too can understand what you are getting, and what you need more clearly.

2- They will go above and beyond: When we talk about passion, we talk about freelancers that not only deliver what you want but also deliver what you might need that you didn't even know you needed. That could be specific file formats, extra concept sketches, or edits that make the final delivery stand out and optimized for your specific needs. Freelancers that are able to not just do what is asked of them but also know what is usually needed to bring a specific project to fruition are few and far between but are no doubt the most passionate about their work, and true professionals in their field.

3- Sellers that are consistently improving: Passionate freelancers are always learning, researching, practicing, and growing. Because they love what they do, they are not content with delivering the style of work again and again, freelancers with passion can be visited months apart and their work will have increased in quality, will have acquired even more unique characteristics, and their price will have raised in order to accommodate for the new skills they have acquired. These are the types of people that you want to hire because their passion has given them a whole new set of skills that will allow them to complete the task you require of them in less time at with a higher degree of effectiveness.

Hire passionate people that will get the job done right the first time.

• Like 38
  • Sad 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello, I'm very sorry, but as a newbie on fiverr, I disagree. On the contrary, having no reviews and orders, I am ready to complete the order as quickly and efficiently as possible. I have over 10 years of experience in graphic design. Often worked in the office. So I decided to go freelancing. It's pretty cruel not to give newcomers a chance.

• Like 36
  • Up 1

• milos_siena locked this topic
  • 2 months later...
On 11/21/2018 at 4:24 AM, barrelofmonkeys said:

Communication. Rather then just straight ordering, messaging the seller first helps a lot.

Being a voice over seller, it makes a world of difference when I can talk a bit with a buyer so I can get the exact tone and details for the project before I just go and record it. Saves you as a buyer from getting a product that you weren’t expecting or wanting along with unneeded frustration

One of the reasons for not getting good service is not understanding the need. For abuyer to get good service from a seller, both buyer and seller should have good communication between themselves. As a result, good feedback is available

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

From a seller’s perspective, I agree about messaging that seller. When a buyer reaches out to me and doesn’t engage with me or have a willingness to answer my questions,  then I always feel this buyer won’t work with me as a collaborator. Since Fiverr is an online platform, we have to collaborate to get the best result for the project. We have chat or video so we have to use either. Otherwise, I always feel revisions are coming my way. Because the buyer did not communicate with me. Rarely do I not have at least a question after I get an order. You have to communicate with your seller…period. 

• Like 12
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to add another thing from a seller's perspective.

Sometimes useful to pay attention at new accounts with no history, because there are many great professionals that are just starting their fiverr career and have very low rates set to get reviews for their orders. You may have chance to get high quality work for very low rates.

For example I have logo design gig now where the minimal package costs 5$, but in real life my logo design work costs around 600$ and more. So just go through accounts, look at portfolios, it might help you find gems 🙂

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2019 at 7:34 AM, barrelofmonkeys said:

How to know you have the right Seller?

1. Check the reviews
    Some of the reviews are just boop 5 stars and a tiny generic description. If you’re not entirely sure, see what they say. If they are all the same generic ones then maybe want to dig further before you hire them.

I had a buyer buy multiple orders from me and he either used a super generic review or repeated his former review text. Nothing I could do about that

• Like 1