How to get exactly what you are looking for!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Buyers should take the time to give sellers crystal clear instructions on what they expect from the order. Requests should be reasonable and should reflect the amount paid for the gig. If requests are larger than the amount paid, buyers should compensate. Sellers only get $4 out of $5 ($1 goes to Fiverr) - keep this in mind when ordering.

• Like 40
  • Up 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2021 at 3:03 AM, jonbaas said:

I don't know about you, but I am one of many sellers who make a lot more than just $4 per order. Please don't assume that every seller works for cheap. Bottom of the barrel pricing usually results in bottom of the barrel buyers.

Yes, its right. But not everyone can charge a lot like you. We all knows that, seller increase their charges gradually they grow their profile here on fiverr. Most of the people start their career from low price and gradually they increase their pricing.

By the way, to me it doesn't matter how much we charge for a service. Buyer should provide clear instructions. Even seller also should provide clear instructions to buyer, so that he can prepare the requirements and send to the seller.

And not everyone is equal on the earth, Some people understand based on short instructions and some needs long instructions. As a Freelancer, we should take time and also take the order only once the buyer understand our requirements and send us all required informations.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/20/2018 at 2:24 PM, barrelofmonkeys said:

Being a voice over seller, it makes a world of difference when I can talk a bit with a buyer

I can certainly see what you mean as a voice over seller. If you're speaking over Zoom, perhaps you could even try out different tones to see what style the buyer is seeking. While I am always open to having a conversation in the message center first (as a writer), I have personally found that the finished product for buyers who order straight away is the same, so long as the buyers completely fill out the gig requirements. Thank you for the post! 😃

• Like 32
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2021 at 4:53 AM, cs_evans said:

Not that you need me to support you, but I can't get behind you on this one.  Totally support "you get what you pay for", but that doesn't innately imply poor quality. It can mean you are buying risk.  Plenty of people on Fiverr are offering high quality services for $5 because that is what it takes to get their feet in the door.  So the "you get what you pay for" part, is buying the risk, not necessarily the quality. 

Excellent take. Although that will really depend on the type of service, naturally - some things are just impossible to get at $5 with any semblance of quality. But that is indeed the case for certain services.

• Like 31
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

• wp_kid locked this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 7/14/2021 at 9:28 AM, anwer_bijoy said:

Buyer need level one or two seller who are most experience person

Partially agree with your statement.

But it might be a new seller on Fiverr who is expert in his skills and didn't heard about this platform. Seriously a lot pf people are not aware of the Fiverr but still they are providing services to their clients using multiple platforms.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

• frank_d locked this topic
  • 4 months later...

Every Buyer should give proper instruction for a seller.

Because  when a seller start to work buyer project he /she need to proper instruction. Otherwise, seller don't provide proper information or leads or data as required as demand of buyer. For these reason, seller have to face many problems. Sometimes, seller have to give more revisions for the requirement of buyer. Even buyer also give bad review for seller account which is very harmful for a seller Fiverr account.

If buyer give proper information & also give a demo sample, then it is very easy to do work for a seller work properly.

• Like 16

On 8/20/2021 at 5:03 AM, jonbaas said:

I don't know about you, but I am one of many sellers who make a lot more than just $4 per order. Please don't assume that every seller works for cheap. Bottom of the barrel pricing usually results in bottom of the barrel buyers.

While this is true, I believe that most new sellers starts from the bottom of the barrel. I know I did, and even at bottom-barrel pricing, the Fiverr team asked me to lower my price to $30 for a service that took up at least 30 hours of my time to match another seller from a third-world country. That was poor advice, I know.

I turn out to be okay now.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 13
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, emailspedia said:

While you are choosing any freelancer for your potential work then always check their testimonials and reviews first. And pick them after that judgement of review and testimonials.

@emailspedia With due respect, I am not agree with you. Testimonial & review are not the only criteria to choose a skilled freelancer. As a buyer , before hiring a freelancer for your projects you should contact first, tell him/her, your jobs requirements, then wait what he/she feedback. Through chatting if you think the seller catch your job requirements with properly, then you can carry on dealing.  Their are lots of new freelancer who so skillful but they don't have reviews because of their account is new. So, You don't consider them unskilled. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

@ahmed_faroquee I also love to consider your point also. My mean is just to help somebody who doesn't have any much knowledge about the criteria of choosing a freelancer. Testimonials are so helpful because they can show the buyer their past work and he or she can judge on this basis without any conversation. But I genuinely loved your point. Yup definitely testimonials and reviews are not the only judgable factors. Their skills matter.

• Like 11