How to complain about a buyer review!?

tanmay310

We have seen it reported many times in the forum that people who complain to customer support about poor feedback often receive a warning

Exactly. This doesn’t become ethical just because you are asking CS about the review and not the buyer. And that’s why Fiverr takes action against it, too.

:man_facepalming: Why do some people ignore pertinent advice? Oh, it’s because they won’t stop until they receive the answer they want - regardless of it being right or wrong

Exactly. The forum is a place for truth, not a place to be reassured that your fantasy is accurate.

And that’s why Fiverr takes action against it, too.

I don’t think Fiverr would take any action against me if I asked them what to do if a buyer tried to cancel and then left a review. I know it would be pointless to ask, but I really don’t think anything would come of it. If anyone has actual proof (screenshots of getting a warning for doing exactly what I outlined) I would be very interested to see it.

I don’t think Fiverr would take any action against me if I asked them what to do if a buyer tried to cancel and then left a review. I know it would be pointless to ask, but I really don’t think anything would come of it. If anyone has actual proof (screenshots of getting a warning for doing exactly what I outlined) I would be very interested to see it.

I gotta say Mr Studios, if it is a pointless action, why argue so vehemently for it?

If it is thing that wastes everyone’s time, seeing the review was valid, not threatened, merely unwelcome, then why advocate for doing it as that isn’t building a better outcome for anyone (let alone the nastiness of this argument).

If the Seller believes the review posted does not tell the reader the whole story, they have the right to reply, encouraging them to use this facility wisely would seem the better course of action to me.

🙂

Guest humanissocial

I gotta say Mr Studios, if it is a pointless action, why argue so vehemently for it?

If it is thing that wastes everyone’s time, seeing the review was valid, not threatened, merely unwelcome, then why advocate for doing it as that isn’t building a better outcome for anyone (let alone the nastiness of this argument).

If the Seller believes the review posted does not tell the reader the whole story, they have the right to reply, encouraging them to use this facility wisely would seem the better course of action to me.

🙂

If the Seller believes the review posted does not tell the reader the whole story, they have the right to reply, encouraging them to use this facility wisely would seem the better course of action to me

Exactly. Thank you.

Sellers perform better when they focus on things they can control instead of things they can’t.

say Mr Studios, if it is a pointless action, why argue so vehemently for it?

Thank you. It’s fruitless and an argument for the sake of argument.

🙂

i’m not advocating for doing it. I’m advocating against scaring people with things that are not true. I wouldn’t do it myself unless I know I had a strong case, and even then it would probably be pointless. However, saying “don’t do it or you will get banned/warned” is not right.

And yes, I do like to argue for the sake of arguing, nobody’s perfect 🙂

That is false . It’s not review manipulation to ask CS about this. Review manipulation refers to contacting the buyer about it

That’s still review manipulation if he’s asking CS about a bad review.

You can totally contact CS and ask what you should do if a buyer threatens with a bad review unless you cancel

The OP never said the buyer blackmailed him. I don’t know where you got that from. Leaving a bad review because the seller didn’t cancel isn’t blackmail unless the buyer threatened that as a consequence of cancellation.

I agree with you, and dont consider that comment rude. Its just a statement of fact. If she had read fiverr’s policy, she wont ask them to contact CS. You can receive a warning for this and even get demoted. Nothing rude here guys, it just hurts that you said the truth about her not reading the fiverr policy. Contact CS with what message?

@genuineguidance this is exactly what I do. I personally dont have enough time to review all my clients. As you rightly said, you cant please everyone, so just reply professionally and move on. I tend to get a bit personal especially when a review has nothing to do with the order.

Fiverr asks buyers to review

Service as described

Communication

and Buy Again or Recommend

So imagine getting a negative review when the client clearly loved your work

Guest humanissocial

I don’t think Fiverr would take any action against me if I asked them what to do if a buyer tried to cancel and then left a review

I didn’t say they would.

Everything I said was about asking them to remove or change a review if it has already been posted.

Sometimes I think you go out of your way to misconstrue what I say for the sake of making an argument.

Guest webimon

My guess is that your buyer wants to cancel the order from you because he did it with someone else and you should come to an agreement with him. If you are asked to cancel the order, I think it is better to cancel.

To be honest with you, I think a high percentage of Buyers think each Seller on Fiverr is desperate for work and that none of us are skilled or we wouldn’t be using an online freelance platform for a job here and a job there…so, they take advantage of the situation.

Sometimes that’s pushing for more than the Seller is prepared to provide. Sometimes that is a bad review to “kick us when we’re down.”

I view Buyers as just part of the contract. Once my part of the contract is completed, I’m done. If the Buyer chooses to give me a bad review, I accept it. It’s no big deal. I’ve been in the Media Industry for 40+ years. I’ve seen much worse. A bad review is minor.

All you have to do is just keep working for those clients who purchase your Gig knowing that you are keeping up your part of the deal. That’s all you should be concerned with, anyway.

To be honest with you, I think a high percentage of Buyers think each Seller on Fiverr is desperate for work and that none of us are skilled or we wouldn’t be using an online freelance platform for a job here and a job there…so, they take advantage of the situation.

Sometimes that’s pushing for more than the Seller is prepared to provide. Sometimes that is a bad review to “kick us when we’re down.”

I view Buyers as just part of the contract. Once my part of the contract is completed, I’m done. If the Buyer chooses to give me a bad review, I accept it. It’s no big deal. I’ve been in the Media Industry for 40+ years. I’ve seen much worse. A bad review is minor.

All you have to do is just keep working for those clients who purchase your Gig knowing that you are keeping up your part of the deal. That’s all you should be concerned with, anyway.

@looseink Thank you very much for sharing your valuable experience with us! this is really inspiring and satisfying.

Archived