Welcome & Intros 🎤

fvrrmusic

9 hours ago, melissaharlowvo said:

@mandyzines there are many sounds that can run through walls and floors.. even with a Whisper Room, planes, trains, tractors and jack hammering are still sounds that travel through the best of treated recording spaces. Yes, Bill Dewees has a Whisper Room. You learn to watch the sound waves for any low frequency sounds. Many times the human ear can’t hear these low frequency sounds but they will be obvious in the wave as you record. Some of the noise can be filtered out but you run the risk of making your recording sound artificial.

Having a clean recording is like taking a good picture. If you don’t have the right light to begin with and then try to photoshop everything, you spend way too much time trying to make a Picture look right rather than just take a good picture to begin with. Same with a recording. Just start with a clean recording. After a while, it becomes instinct and you know what sounds to stop and wait for until they pass. 

Be aware that when you are new as a voice artist on Fiverr, that you really must have a quiet and clean recording space before you can expect to get the high paying orders. 
The platform is now very competitive and certainly not what it used to be.  But with that said, we all started out with one order at a time. 

I'm just lucky to have no people or dogs--or any noise aside from maybe my cat protesting--around me for a good 6 hours of a given day. My 6' X10' padded room is pretty nice. It's after about 7pm that the constant chirping of tree frogs kicks in until the sun comes up the next day. One of those smaller whisper rooms would probably fall through the floor of the house I'm in, and likely not even keep the chirping out. It must not be fun at all to haul those things when you have to move! 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 7:08 PM, mandyzines said:

One of those smaller whisper rooms would probably fall through the floor of the house I'm in, and likely not even keep the chirping out. It must not be fun at all to haul those things when you have to move! 

Your writing is pretty clever. Yes the Whisper room is so heavy it’s ridiculous! But all that weight makes it very stable. The chirping isn’t an issue it’s mostly low frequency rumbles. We have so many dogs and wildlife and it’s not an issue but live right under a flight path to a small airport so the planes fly low. We also live about 30 miles from Camp Pendleton and I have to stop recording for the c-130 planes! ✈️ 

You can disassemble the WR but not planning on it anytime soon.  

if your space works who cares!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, melissaharlowvo said:

Your writing is pretty clever. Yes the Whisper room is so heavy it’s ridiculous! But all that weight makes it very stable. The chirping isn’t an issue it’s mostly low frequency rumbles. We have so many dogs and wildlife and it’s not an issue but live right under a flight path to a small airport so the planes fly low. We also live about 30 miles from Camp Pendleton and I have to stop recording for the c-130 planes! ✈️ 

You can disassemble the WR but not planning on it anytime soon.  

if your space works who cares!

Thank you! I used to be a writer.

I started out in one of those group voice acting programs and I remember right before I left one of the members had a booth being shipped to her. As she was about to receive it, she found out that her house wouldn't be able to support its weight. I also recall one of the coaches having to move one. I haven't seen much discussion about booths since. 

I remember Camp Pendleton! 

What I want is a basement, but those don't even exist in my state. I think your right, though. You don't have to get a booth to have a space that works.

• Like 2