Paid promotion feature

janali

Yep!

Though I can’t decide whether I’m happy with the pricing. I know advertising costs are similar on Etsy for example but it does seem a little high. Considering one click costs up to 1 dollar I think. 1 Click isn’t going to do a lot for you.

For my gig I have 0.08$ per click, so I think it depends on the gig :roll_eyes:

I can’t understand one thing, I have made 2$ daily so when I will spend 10$ will automatically be stoped promo, or…?! :roll_eyes:

• Like 8

For my gig I have 0.08$ per click, so I think it depends on the gig :roll_eyes:

I can’t understand one thing, I have made 2$ daily so when I will spend 10$ will automatically be stoped promo, or…?! :roll_eyes:

That’s cheap 😮 Why is it so expensive for me?

No it doesn’t stop automatically, but after you’ve spent $10 in total which in your case would be after 5 days, you can use the promo-code I think. I don’t think the costs will be deducted daily but maybe they accumulate over a certain period of time?

• Like 8

No it doesn’t stop automatically, but after you’ve spent $10 in total which in your case would be after 5 days, you can use the promo-code I think. I don’t think the costs will be deducted daily but maybe they accumulate over a certain period of time?

I found it in the seller help center:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/promoted-gigs

Pay with your Fiverr Balance

No upfront payments. Instead, your Fiverr Balance will be charged retroactively each month for your ads’ activity of the previous month.

So next month you can use the $10 promo to get the amount deducted from your monthly bill.

• Like 11

Problem is that I have not promo code, Fiverr only wrote me that he is granting a 10$ promo :roll_eyes:

• Like 6

I found it in the seller help center:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/promoted-gigs

Pay with your Fiverr Balance

No upfront payments. Instead, your Fiverr Balance will be charged retroactively each month for your ads’ activity of the previous month.

So next month you can use the $10 promo to get the amount deducted from your monthly bill.

Next month?! :roll_eyes:

• Like 6

I just received a notification saying I was chosen to test the paid promotion feature with $10 off.

I think a lot of people might be interested in this feature so I might keep this updated to see how it works. Though I’m not 100% sure how much I am actually allowed to share regarding this feature.

Quickly about me in case this matters:

I’m Level 2, more or less close to meeting the requirements for a top rated seller.

They auto-selected my best selling gig as the one to be promoted.

As far as I can see, you need to bid against all the other eligible sellers in your category to “win” the ad-sponsored spot:

“A bid is a maximum amount you’d be willing to pay per click on your ad. The higher the bid, the higher the chances to win your ad spot. However, you’ll pay just the minimum to win over other bids. You can adjust your bid from your Promoted Gigs dashboard later.”

They also set a “recommended amount” per day for you. For me it’s $0.66 per day based on my category it seems. This would probably mean that sellers in smaller niches would be rewarded by lower fees while oversaturated categories would probably cost more since more sellers would be able to bid.

I just received a notification saying I was chosen to test the paid promotion feature with $10 off.

I think a lot of people might be interested in this feature so I might keep this updated to see how it works. Though I’m not 100% sure how much I am actually allowed to share regarding this feature.

I’m Level 2, more or less close to meeting the requirements for a top rated seller.

As far as I can see, you need to bid against all the other eligible sellers in your category to “win” the ad-sponsored spot:

“A bid is a maximum amount you’d be willing to pay per click on your ad. The higher the bid, the higher the chances to win your ad spot. However, you’ll pay just the minimum to win over other bids. You can adjust your bid from your Promoted Gigs dashboard later.”

They also set a “recommended amount” per day for you. For me it’s $0.66 per day based on my category it seems. This would probably mean that sellers in smaller niches would be rewarded by lower fees while oversaturated categories would probably cost more since more sellers would be able to bi

Will this option be available only to upper level sellers?

It didn’t give for our newcomers.

So I don’t need to know about it.

• Like 8

They also set a “recommended amount” per day for you. For me it’s $0.66 per day based on my category it seems. This would probably mean that sellers in smaller niches would be rewarded by lower fees while oversaturated categories would probably cost more since more sellers would be able to bi

Will this option be available only to upper level sellers?

It didn’t give for our newcomers.

So I don’t need to know about it.

I think for the testing phase it’s given to the best performing sellers in each category? I’m not quite sure though.

Later on when it’s fully implemented it might be available to everyone or it might be bound to level requirements. I couldn’t find any info on that yet.

• Like 8

I think for the testing phase it’s given to the best performing sellers in each category? I’m not quite sure though.

Later on when it’s fully implemented it might be available to everyone or it might be bound to level requirements. I couldn’t find any info on that yet.

Later on when it’s fully implemented it might be available to everyone or it might be bound to level requirements. I couldn’t find any info on that yet

That’s right. Because it mostly needs new sellers.

• Like 7

Later on when it’s fully implemented it might be available to everyone or it might be bound to level requirements. I couldn’t find any info on that yet

That’s right. Because it mostly needs new sellers.

I don’t know how likely it is that new sellers will get this feature.

• Like 7

At least level 2 seller, and your gig should have a minimum of 30 reviews , and hast to be in the selected category.

• Like 8

Oh interesting, where did you find that info?

From the dashboard , Click the question mark , bottom right corner, and choose promoted Services.

What Gigs Can Be Promoted?

The Promoted Gigs program is a great way to get your Gigs exposed in the marketplace and to drive more potential buyers to your services.

To ensure a quality ad experience for the buyers, only hand-vetted sellers who meet all our quality metrics can participate in this program.

We’ll evaluate your eligibility according to the following standards:

• You’re a Level 2 or Top Rated seller
  • At least one of your Gigs is in an eligible category
  • Your Gig scored 4.7 in public rating
  • Your Gig has at least 30 reviews
  • You meet additional quality metrics

Eligible categories we currently support for Promoted Gigs:

Graphic & Design

• Logo Design
  • Business Cards & Stationery
  • Illustration
  • Vector Tracking
  • Graphics For Streamers
  • Photoshop Editing
  • Social Media Design
  • Web & Mobile Design
  • Web Banners
  • T-Shirts & Merchandise
  • Architecture & Interior Design
  • Industrial & Product Design
  • Portraits & Caricatures
  • Cartoons & Comics

Digital Marketing

• Social Media Marketing
  • Video Marketing

Writing & Translation

• Proofreading & Editing
  • Articles & Blog Posts
  • Book & eBook Writing

Video & Animation

• Whiteboard & Animated Explainers
  • Short Video Ads
  • Video Editing
  • Character Animation

Music & Audio

• Voice Over

Programming & Tech

• WordPress
  • Website Builders & CMS
  • Web Programming
  • E-Commerce Development
  • Data Analysis & Reports
  • Mobile Apps
  • Like 9

I don’t know how likely it is that new sellers will get this feature.

It would be interesting to give this feature to new sellers but not as a permanent option.

My opinion:

Give new sellers A, B, C, D and E chance to promote. They use promote and get (maybe +) orders.

After a week give new set of sellers chance to promote. But cancel the ability to promote to the last batch of sellers. They got their chance to get clients.

But, the only problem is that Fiverr is already working on that concept with gig rotation, the issue is that rotation is not working for a long period of time. Or it is rotating really slow.

• Like 11

It would be interesting to give this feature to new sellers but not as a permanent option.

My opinion:

Give new sellers A, B, C, D and E chance to promote. They use promote and get (maybe +) orders.

After a week give new set of sellers chance to promote. But cancel the ability to promote to the last batch of sellers. They got their chance to get clients.

But, the only problem is that Fiverr is already working on that concept with gig rotation, the issue is that rotation is not working for a long period of time. Or it is rotating really slow.

That would be a good idea but I think Fiverr is more aiming to make it a longterm thing, since you only get billed retroactively as well. So It would make sense to use the feature for at least a month and then the month after, it will be deducted from your funds.

What I am curious about though, what happens if your account gets banned or you stop working alltogether on fiverr right after using the sponsored ads and being charged for them? Then you would have a minus on your balance. I think that might be one of the reasons why new sellers aren’t able to use the feature because Level 2 and up are less likely to stop or get banned.

• Like 7

That would be a good idea but I think Fiverr is more aiming to make it a longterm thing, since you only get billed retroactively as well. So It would make sense to use the feature for at least a month and then the month after, it will be deducted from your funds.

What I am curious about though, what happens if your account gets banned or you stop working alltogether on fiverr right after using the sponsored ads and being charged for them? Then you would have a minus on your balance. I think that might be one of the reasons why new sellers aren’t able to use the feature because Level 2 and up are less likely to stop or get banned.

hahhaha my mind just went to the dark side:

If new seller had this feature, spend 400$ on ads, make 20000 in sales and quit fiver before they charge you with 400… LOL

• Like 6

If new seller had this feature, spend 400$ on ads, make 20000 in sales and quit fiver before they charge you with 400… LOL

Haha yeah maybe it’s for the best they don’t get access to paid promotions 😃

• Like 6

I’ve also received notification for gig promotion.

I am thinking, what if your competitor/s clicks on your promoted gig (on daily basis) for no reason.

• Like 7