New sellers are saturating markets like crazy

After reading all these post from you… I personally don’t care much if i get work here or not. But your altitude explains your post and your fear as well.

I personally don’t care much if i get work here or not.

This type of thing is my main fear.

Just to clarify, I have other source of income and unlike you I don’t care much but it doesn’t mean i wont accept work here. I understand what work is asked from me and how much time it would take me to do it.
Unlike you I’m not offending anyone in this community nor am I trying to hinder someone trying to earn (either on the said or as a main income). You on the other hand are not a very mature person and feel threatened by new people here. If you were “experienced” and capable as well as confident in your ability to get the job done, you wouldn’t argue but accept the things the way they are and try to improve on what you are lacking.

Just to clarify, I have other source of income and unlike you I don’t care much but it doesn’t mean i wont accept work here. I understand what work is asked from me and how much time it would take me to do it.

Unlike you I’m not offending anyone in this community nor am I trying to hinder someone trying to earn (either on the said or as a main income). You on the other hand are not a very mature person and feel threatened by new people here. If you were “experienced” and capable as well as confident in your ability to get the job done, you wouldn’t argue but accept the things the way they are and try to improve on what you are lacking.

You on the other hand are not a very mature person

Kinda feel like that was an attempt to offend. :thinking:

Look, i think this whole topic has gotten slightly out of hand. I was looking for input and i feel l got it. Albeit not exactly from the sources i was looking for, but maybe i should have been clearer in my topic title.

If a professional is joining, then yes there is competition. He/she will market the price at an appropriate amount.

If a non professional offering a website for $5 joins, then the buyer who pays and the seller that made the offer are a match made in heaven.

😁

Now this made me laugh hard.

Cheap clients always fall prey of cheap work

You on the other hand are not a very mature person

Kinda feel like that was an attempt to offend. :thinking:

Look, i think this whole topic has gotten slightly out of hand. I was looking for input and i feel l got it. Albeit not exactly from the sources i was looking for, but maybe i should have been clearer in my topic title.

Fiverr is a highly saturated and therefore competitive marketplace.

Covid-19 has certainly acted as an accelerator and pushed for an even faster race to the bottom from a certain category of sellers eager for that first sale and/or going after low-hanging fruit.

But this is what happens when you compete on a global scale.

If you feel confident about your offering, you need to adapt to the current market situation and find your place in the marketplace.

Fiverr is a highly saturated and therefore competitive marketplace.

Covid-19 has certainly acted as an accelerator and pushed for an even faster race to the bottom from a certain category of sellers eager for that first sale and/or going after low-hanging fruit.

But this is what happens when you compete on a global scale.

If you feel confident about your offering, you need to adapt to the current market situation and find your place in the marketplace.

Good input Frank. I’ve heard on the grapevine that due to this bug Fiverr is currently experiencing, gig circulation has stopped. Have you heard anything similar?

Good input Frank. I’ve heard on the grapevine that due to this bug Fiverr is currently experiencing, gig circulation has stopped. Have you heard anything similar?

I just spoke with a Fiverr staffer yesterday and they confirmed that this a silly rumor.

The gigs are working, the algorithm is working.

Rotation is still in effect.

The only thing NOT working, is the dashboard for us sellers to view our stats.

I will say in short words, we all need to keep improving our quailty of service and still maintain your price.

When a cheap buyer meets a cheap seller and they get poor quality project, it will dawn on the buyer that good things dont come cheap and the buyer would therefore increase his budget next time.

I just spoke with a Fiverr staffer yesterday and they confirmed that this a silly rumor.

Very true. So i heard from a reliable source.

I will say in short words, we all need to keep improving our quailty of service and still maintain your price.

When a cheap buyer meets a cheap seller and they get poor quality project, it will dawn on the buyer that good things dont come cheap and the buyer would therefore increase his budget next time.

Love it! I’ve been considering lowering my costs to try and compete, but don’t feel its the right thing to do.

Good to know. Thanks.

Preferably input from higher level sellers would be useful.

I love how everyone becomes a Fiverr mastermind on here even with only a month or two under their belt. :rofl:

As far as I’m concerned, Fiverr has a major identity problem. I go to Youtube and I see the same annoying Fiverr Pro ad. I never used to. This means Fiverr is throwing money at advertising during the pandemic.

However, I come to Fiverr and every writing category there is, is saturated with garbage DA50 and DA99 guest post gigs. Most gig descriptions are plagiarized. More importantly, NONE of these people are legitimately capable of delivering what they say they can. It’s so impossible, it’s absurd.

I even get at least weekly messages from these sellers asking ME to help them out. Here’s one from today:

spam1.png.12a4d7351afb9ac18d753f0f2accdb84.png

spam2.png.713a7e8d5cdb55a80469c75db5a07d28.png

That said, many of these SEO and backlink wizards have the cheek to charge $100+ and way over. This results in Fiverr having a bit of a problem.

They are running an ad campaign that assures people who likely haven’t ever used Fiverr before that Fiverr is home to real quality freelancers. If you want to argue and say "but the ad is only for Pro sellers," that’s fine. However, people new to Fiverr are likely not going to appreciate what that means.

As it is, when buyers some here, it is hard to see where the real quality is thanks to all the nonsense. Neither can all buyers be expected to know what is nonsense and what isn’t.

As for the argument that competition is healthy, I don’t see it as applying. This is mainly due to the high prices many new sellers are charging. If anything, selling in some categories is now just a game of luck.

Imagine you are a taco salesman in an outdoor market. You are popular and successful and people who didn’t even know what a taco was yesterday start trying to copy your sales pitch.

Before you know it, when people come to the market, all they see is taco stands. You might be the only one who can really make tacos. However, you have no way to prove this to your target consumer. You just have to hope they decide to try one of yours over one of your competitors.

In real life, this can’t happen. You can’t have 100 extra taco stands appear suddenly because that involves other people investing in a stand, supplies, etc. However, on Fiverr, someone can copy your gig description which is equivocal to your taco stand (or someone else’s) and have their business up and running in a few hours.

To make matters worse, you and your competitors are all fishing for customers who might not have ever had a taco before and don’t really know how to judge the quality of what they order.

I don’t really understand the hostility in this thread. However, when you discuss topics like this, you inevitably get the same kinds of people jumping on them. In either case, the short answer is that competition is fine when your competition is competition, not 100 or more people who just say they can do what you can but are really just copying what they see as the most successful gigs on Fiverr.

As far as I’m concerned, Fiverr has a major identity problem. I go to Youtube and I see the same annoying Fiverr Pro ad. I never used to. This means Fiverr is throwing money at advertising during the pandemic.

However, I come to Fiverr and every writing category there is, is saturated with garbage DA50 and DA99 guest post gigs. Most gig descriptions are plagiarized. More importantly, NONE of these people are legitimately capable of delivering what they say they can. It’s so impossible, it’s absurd.

I even get at least weekly messages from these sellers asking ME to help them out. Here’s one from today:

spam1

spam2

That said, many of these SEO and backlink wizards have the cheek to charge $100+ and way over. This results in Fiverr having a bit of a problem.

They are running an ad campaign that assures people who likely haven’t ever used Fiverr before that Fiverr is home to real quality freelancers. If you want to argue and say "but the ad is only for Pro sellers," that’s fine. However, people new to Fiverr are likely not going to appreciate what that means.

As it is, when buyers some here, it is hard to see where the real quality is thanks to all the nonsense. Neither can all buyers be expected to know what is nonsense and what isn’t.

As for the argument that competition is healthy, I don’t see it as applying. This is mainly due to the high prices many new sellers are charging. If anything, selling in some categories is now just a game of luck.

Imagine you are a taco salesman in an outdoor market. You are popular and successful and people who didn’t even know what a taco was yesterday start trying to copy your sales pitch.

Before you know it, when people come to the market, all they see is taco stands. You might be the only one who can really make tacos. However, you have no way to prove this to your target consumer. You just have to hope they decide to try one of yours over one of your competitors.

In real life, this can’t happen. You can’t have 100 extra taco stands appear suddenly because that involves other people investing in a stand, supplies, etc. However, on Fiverr, someone can copy your gig description which is equivocal to your taco stand (or someone else’s) and have their business up and running in a few hours.

To make matters worse, you and your competitors are all fishing for customers who might not have ever had a taco before and don’t really know how to judge the quality of what they order.

I don’t really understand the hostility in this thread. However, when you discuss topics like this, you inevitably get the same kinds of people jumping on them. In either case, the short answer is that competition is fine when your competition is competition, not 100 or more people who just say they can do what you can but are really just copying what they see as the most successful gigs on Fiverr.

Very true, well said. 👌

I love how everyone becomes a Fiverr mastermind on here even with only a month or two under their belt. :rofl:

As opposed to those who have been here for whole 7 months? 😸

I mean, you do realize that sellers who have been here for years are likely to see you as a new seller?

As for the market being saturated like crazy, your niche has been oversaturated for years.

I personally always would state that concurrents are a good thing since they make you improve your quality, even more, however a lot of the new sellers (mostly located in the Graphics & Design and the Programming & Tech industry) are not capable of delivering even a glimpse of what they promise. That’s a bad thing for all the sellers on Fiverr since people are more likely to stay away from something they’ve had bad experiences with.

It does affecting the market to some extent. But that’s how market works in everywhere of the world like it or not. Yes, the competition will be more fierce to you all newcomers and sellers who just started, but for established and well-reputated sellers, it wouldn’t bother them much, cause there are also more new buyers as well.

Speaking from my experience of 3 years joining and TRS seller for a year.

spam1

spam2

I also feel fiverr has sorted some of your stated points by pushing best seller and 5 star rated to the front line.

Archived