Delete conversations-post-order completion

bitksa

I do that, too. I meant imagine having to find that in an unofficial video record, as people have proposed and justified removing an official record for.

I would have a lot of difficulties without an easy to refer to source of old conversations.

Many old clients expect me to remember things they said from years ago or remember who they are.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have a lot of difficulties without an easy to refer to source of old conversations.

Many old clients expect me to remember things they said from years ago or remember who they are.

I bet. And you’re busy enough. You really don’t need to become a database librarian for free on top of that. Haha

I do that, too. I meant imagine having to find that in an unofficial video record, as people have proposed and justified removing an official record for.

I didn’t propose that, it was just an argument to why deleting stuff on Fiverr’s side makes no sense because, even if they did it, it would accomplish nothing in terms of privacy.

I just had someone I last chatted with and worked with from three years ago out of the blue message me to start discussing his old girlfriend and I had no idea who he was or who he was talking about.

I quickly read through a bit of our old conversation to refresh my memory.

I just had someone I last chatted with and worked with from three years ago out of the blue message me to start discussing his old girlfriend and I had no idea who he was or who he was talking about.

I quickly read through a bit of our old conversation to refresh my memory.

It’s interesting to look back!

If you wanna prevent a seller or buyer from using an idea in the future, sign a Non-Disclosure agreement regarding the idea before the order if it matters that much. It’s impractical to just erase messages and records! In the very very unlikely case they use your idea and become big, sue them once you find out they violated your contract.

what up my sleeve, please explain it seems you have witty ideas. im sayinh fiverr should keep permanent records, not sellers. the relationship is completed after the order is done.

No offence bitska.

Relationships don’t have to end right after an order completion. That’s why we have returning buyers. You can work with a single buyer for years on different projects and might need to refer to previous chats for certain informations.

That’s all. Sorry if you got it wrong.

If you wanna prevent a seller or buyer from using an idea in the future, sign a Non-Disclosure agreement regarding the idea before the order if it matters that much. It’s impractical to just erase messages and records! In the very very unlikely case they use your idea and become big, sue them once you find out they violated your contract.

If you wanna prevent a seller or buyer from using an idea in the future, sign a Non-Disclosure agreement

But that would typically include person information itself. I’m pretty sure NDAs have name, address and DOB, and not everyone can just get themselves a binding NDA.

read the edit.

what’s shady is keeping all records. if a person comes to you personally and ask for a gig. do you record him, and store his records with you forever ? now that’s weird. sensitive info shared with the seller, the buyer should have the freedom to delete messages after the gig was done.

@misscrystal i want to delete the conversation because i do not know the seller. However, i do know fiverr company. they can take screenshots and keep conversation. however make it a choice for buyers, not everyone will delete their conversation, but in the event where certain ideas were shared with the seller, you could have the possibility to delete them if you needed to, maybe your ideas will be used one day when they feel like it ? maybe you shared a cooled idea during the project, and now the project is done. what if one day the sellers remembers your idea and goes back and uses it to his advantage. fiverr can keep them

sensitive info shared with the seller, the buyer should have the freedom to delete messages after the gig was done.

so buyers can delete the conversation, and go for paypal dispute and when fiverr refund it to the buyer you dont have the proof to show what you discussed and delivered ? this happened to me once though.

Instead I would suggest that if some buyer had issues with their confidential data then better they ask seller to sign NDA first and then proceed with the order.

Your example and question assumes he only wants to delete the messages on his side but that’s not at all what he’s saying.

He isn’t just seeking to remove his own access. He’s seeking to remove the other party’s access, too. It is beyond unethical to control what previously seen records another party can access. And no good can come from saying only the company can access certain parts of a conversation. No one can protect themselves in that case. You are at the mercy of others.

No, you are wrong. that is exactly what i am saying, delete messages from my side and vice versa. just like whatsapp if you have heard of it.

Important!

Please make it an option to delete a conversation with the seller from both the buyer’s inbox and seller’s inbox after an order completion and delivery.

This will ensure safety of mind, for both the buyer and seller.

EDIT: as posted in the conversation. the recommendation is to able to delete your sensitive shared messages with the seller after the order has been completed.

Take WHATSAPP for example, you can delete your sent messages. and they will not be found in conversation.

Why do i as a buyer have to worry about all the info i shared with the seller during the project. There are sensitive info being shared to complete the project, and i do not understand why they should be in the archive forever. I am proposing that Fiverr should be the only one with a record of the conversation, they are the company. Since you basically do not know anything about the sellers

Another example, if you buy a service from a person face to face, they are not pulling out a recorder and recording everything you say and keeping it with them., to me that sounds sketchy.

Why do i as a buyer have to worry about all the info i shared with the seller during the project. There are sensitive info being shared to complete the project, and i do not understand why they should be in the archive forever.

Another example, if you buy a service from a person face to face, they are not pulling out a recorder and recording everything you say and keeping it with them., to me that sounds sketchy.

Your opting to remove the record on your side would not mitigate any security risk at all or protect you from any recourse by the seller. This wouldn’t achieve a thing, just make your record keeping a nightmare.

It is what you are seeing. How do you protect yourself or the other party by restricting what you see? That makes no sense. Are you afraid of being hacked and your side of the record being visible to the hacker? Because that is the only way that could possibly make sense, barely.

There is no mitigatable consequence to a record staying visible on your side unless you want to prevent yourself from going rogue and using the sensitive information against the other party.

because this is a gig online, i do not know a thing about you. i should be comfortable with sharing info with you that you can keep forever ? fiverr can keep such info only

i should be comfortable with sharing info with you that you can keep forever ?

It’s not exactly like I’m gonna whip out the Fiverr app on my dying day and start muttering to myself about how you needed a job done in 24 hours.

This is what Fiverr Says:

We apply a general rule of keeping personal information only for as long as is required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances we may retain your personal information for longer periods of time. We may retain your information for the following purposes:

• as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations, e.g. so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenge; and
  • in relation to personal information from closed accounts to comply with applicable laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Site terms and take other actions as permitted by law.

Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties

We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.

We combine your personal information with information we collect automatically or obtain from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising and/or to prevent fraud. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can opt-out through the link attached to each communication or by sending an email to optout@fiverr.com.

We provide your personal details to third parties, only in order to operate the Site, provide our services to you, fulfil obligations imposed on us by applicable laws and regulations, and prevent fraud, infringements and illegal activities, as detailed below:

• We share your information with service providers that provide us with services for the purpose of operating the Site, opening and operating your account as well as providing ancillary services (example - payment vendors, CRM systems, forum hosting, community management services, IT SaaS services, mailing systems or technical consultants). Our contracts with these service providers do not permit use of your information for their own (marketing) purposes. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require third parties to adequately safeguard your personal information and only process it in accordance with our instructions;
  • We will share your information to law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other parties in order to respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or to regulatory authorities, if we believe we are required to do so by law, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes; when we believe it necessary or appropriate to disclose personal information to law enforcement authorities, such as to investigate actual or suspected fraud or violations of law, breaches of security, or breaches of this Policy; to respond to claims against us; and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Fiverr, our customers, or the public;
  • We share your information with payment processors, fraud detection agencies and similar third parties for the purpose of securing the site and protecting it against fraud, unauthorized transactions (such as money laundering), claims or other liabilities;
  • We share your information to help facilitate interactions between Users. For example if you are a Buyer we may share certain limited information about you (such as the fact it is your first purchase on Fiverr) with the Seller to ensure the services you receive from the Seller will fit your needs; such sharing of information is limited in scope, will not include personal identifying information (PII) and is only intended to improve the services provided by the Seller and your user experience;
  • We share your information with Fiverr’s corporate affiliates (Fiverr Inc., Fiverr Germany GmbH, Fiverr Limited) that are related by common control for the purpose of operating the Site, providing our services to you and for other purposes listed herein; and
  • Your personal information will also be disclosed if we go through a business transition such as a merger, sale, transfer of all or a portion of Fiverr’s assets, acquisition, bankruptcy or similar event. In the event that we sell any business or assets, we will disclose your data to the prospective buyer. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.

Please note, your profile information and additional information regarding your activity is made public and is visible to all Users of the Site. When you publish your information and/or share your data with other Fiverr Users, you do so at your own risk. While Fiverr strives to protect your privacy and our Terms of Service require our Users not to use the data shared with them, Fiverr cannot ensure that all Users will do so.

Read Fiverr Privacy Policy!!

• 10 months later...

Please make it an option to delete a conversation

Hi! You can delete the entire conversation, but it will still be accessible to the other person.

There’s no feature yet to delete individual messages, but there probably won’t be anytime soon because some people will probably take advantage of the system. I hope this helps!

Archived