Does your sales fall down this month?

picbuzz

In fact I also was wondering whether Corona might even have a positive correlation with rising sales. Didn’t feel it yet but with everyone staying in home offices, some might quickly fill service gaps with us freelancers

Yes hopefully. Also they will all be joining as sellers.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, yes, the virus really seems to affect my sales here extremely! I started with my voice over gig here on fiverr a few months ago and quickly became a Level 2 seller and had jobs almost every day. Since beginning of March basically no one has booked my services. This long period of no jobs hasn’t occured at all here yet.

Crazy!

Marco

Thank you.

Happy Freelancing!

Good question. I dont think so. Sales fluctuate as a norm. Personally I think the coronavirus will a push more sellers to join Fiverr seeking extra cash just like the '08 recession. That’s how I ended up joining Fiverr. Best decision ever!

Best of luck!

Thanks for your valuable comment.

Fiverr was also quick to launch a new website that is dedicated in helping small businesses.

They offer support via agents plus they subtly hint at the fact that if a business needs help with remote work, Fiverr is there to save the day.

They also offer Fiverr courses for free or at a discount.

We have big fiverr community in Bangladesh. Everyday huge people post there. I see many sellers are posting about this. Many buyers are saying that they want cancel project for corona. Also every month usually i complete 80+ orders but now it’s 40 orders only. My sales down also.

Have a good day.

Not yet.

But one of my regular clients is an Italian DJ so I’m wondering if he’ll be coming back this month for event flyers. Probably not considering the situation in Italy.

Best of luck.

I hope you buyer will knock you soon. 🙂

In fact I also was wondering whether Corona might even have a positive correlation with rising sales. Didn’t feel it yet but with everyone staying in home offices, some might quickly fill service gaps with us freelancers

This is a good point. Thanks.

Best of luck!

Good question. For those who work a traditional sticks & bricks job they likely will not be able to clock into work come soon. For those employers who can swiftly shift to online work for thier employees it may work. For some businesses they won’t have the opportunity to do thier job online. Then what? Think about it, if you are sitting at home how will you make money to survive? I think people will run to freelancing companies, such as Fiverr seeking opportunities to make extra cash. We work globally here, so we have the opportunity to reach buyers all over the world. As we peak into coronavirus there may be slow times for sellers. But the main concern is disruption to our Fiverr staff who operates our infrastructure. Without them we as sellers and buyers can’t succeed. But I think staff will be fine cause of how this company is already built to work online.

People are always looking for a reason as to why they are not getting sales in.

However, I am starting to get a sense that we will start seeing the repercussions of the outbreak on a global scale soon.

Some countries more than others.

There are a lot more connections between countries and industries than we think and soon we’ll start seeing some weird stuff.

But to all sellers that are not selling right now:

It’s most definitely not the virus.

It’s most definitely not the virus

I agree but there has definitely been some effect on sales. I get a lot of tourist related clients from northern Italy (Vineyard tours, agritourism, sightseeing, hotels etc) and have not had a message from anyone there in two weeks which is unusual.

An NY tour guide I work with has seen a dramatic fall in business and future bookings leading them to query whether we should continue with our campaign at the moment.

However I’m getting messages and orders from other countries so it shouldn’t be that a seller gets no messages - that doesn’t sound corona related to me.

Perhaps these sellers need to consider doing a viral marketing campaign.

(Sorry, couldn’t resist)

It’s most definitely not the virus

I agree but there has definitely been some effect on sales. I get a lot of tourist related clients from northern Italy (Vineyard tours, agritourism, sightseeing, hotels etc) and have not had a message from anyone there in two weeks which is unusual.

An NY tour guide I work with has seen a dramatic fall in business and future bookings leading them to query whether we should continue with our campaign at the moment.

However I’m getting messages and orders from other countries so it shouldn’t be that a seller gets no messages - that doesn’t sound corona related to me.

Perhaps these sellers need to consider doing a viral marketing campaign.

(Sorry, couldn’t resist)

Oh my gosh, is it me or do your puns just keep getting better and better? 🙂

Yes I didn’t want my reply to sound like a blanket statement, after all I am acknowledging that there will most definitely be repercussions down the line, as the current global economy is more fragile than we think.

I just wanted to address some forum users who are mistaking correlation with causation.

It’s always easier to jump on the bandwagon and to look for other people who are suffering, just like you due to an event beyond your control.

But let’s all please focus on what we can control, try to stay safe, and plan ahead.

We haven’t seen the worst of this slump.

People are always looking for a reason as to why they are not getting sales in.

However, I am starting to get a sense that we will start seeing the repercussions of the outbreak on a global scale soon.

Some countries more than others.

There are a lot more connections between countries and industries than we think and soon we’ll start seeing some weird stuff.

It’s most definitely not the virus.

Thank you for your comment.

Thank you for your comment.

I never said your topic was stupid, or that you are lying.

I am also working with people all over the world.

I am on the same boat as you, the only difference is the level we are playing at, plus the difference in overhead expenses (if I had to guess what our main differences are)

I was just contacted by a client with a rather large on-going project, letting me know that they are now forced to work remotely and they are not going to move forward with the next batch of custom videos we had planned for the entire year.

The economy is fragile, that orange little dude is definitely not helping and this is a pandemic we are currently experiencing.

Fear will definitely affect business, no doubt.

But I doubt your sales dipped the second the virus was announced, or when Italy got X number of casualties. There’s definitely a butterfly effect, but unless you were into Tourism or events, or 90% of your business was from Italy or another affected country, you can’t -for now- blame the virus for your sales, or lack of.

I don’t see any affect on my sales due to Corona. 95% buyers of me is from USA.

Assalamualaikum Fahim vai,

Feeling good to see your comment really. You are Idol of our Country. I salute you. I wish I could meet you once! 🙂

Thank you.

Best of luck.

I hope you buyer will knock you soon. 🙂

I hope you buyer will knock you soon.

I wouldn’t want my buyers to “knock” me, not at all. I’m physically and emotionally fragile as it is.

I’m having an influx of buyers from Singapore which is very unusual. It’s basically Singapore and the regulars this week so far.

Assalamualaikum Fahim vai,

Feeling good to see your comment really. You are Idol of our Country. I salute you. I wish I could meet you once! 🙂

Thank you.

Walaikumassalam,

You can meet me anytime.

Yes one of my friend also told me that his sales has been down as his buyers are from the European countries. We are hoping to get rid of the Corona virus from the world soon.

Archived