Use color psychology to improve your gig

michal247

I have been a logo designer for quite a while, this is pretty accurate but orange can also mean eye catching and wants attention. Satori graphics is a youtube who explains this pretty well.

I have been a logo designer for quite a while, this is pretty accurate but orange can also mean eye catching and wants attention. Satori graphics is a youtube who explains this pretty well.

Thanks. I checked few of his videos, unfortunately didn’t found something that is only about color psychology. I wanted to link it in topic.

• Like 113
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 4

What color do I use for “Tired of eating Raman Noodles”? :crazy_face:

Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the tip!

If you mean ramen noodles you can’t use color for that.

Nobody is ever tired of eating ramen noodles 😝

• Like 107
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the tip!

If you mean ramen noodles you can’t use color for that.

Nobody is ever tired of eating ramen noodles 😝

That’s actually what I keep telling my wife when she asks what I want to eat and rolls her eyes when I reply “Ramen Noodles.” 😉

BTW…I took your advice and changed the text on my gig thumbnail from black to blue. Let’s hope it gets people to trust me with their $$$.

• Like 110
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2020 at 1:28 PM, tribeoutside said:

That’s actually what I keep telling my wife when she asks what I want to eat and rolls her eyes when I reply “Ramen Noodles.” 😉

BTW…I took your advice and changed the text on my gig thumbnail from black to blue. Let’s hope it gets people to trust me with their $$$.

More noodles more happiness 😃 

That’s wonderful thing that you decided to take action, color psychology is very powerful weapon if you use it right. Coca-cola is best example 😉 

• Like 106
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

Wow, thank you for useful information! :star_struck:

Guys, what do you think, which color fits the music? I have music gigs and it’s curious what color they would be accordingly to this system :thinking:

Wow, thank you for useful information! :star_struck:

Guys, what do you think, which color fits the music? I have music gigs and it’s curious what color they would be accordingly to this system :thinking:

Good question, i’d go for something that represents creativity / passion. Like orange or yellow. Red may be good way to go too but make sure it will say “Look at me! Im passionate and attentive about what im doing” rather than “Watch out! Be warned, by buying this gig you can have problems!” If you know what I mean?

// at the same time, this green on your gigs really fits. You might not want to change that. What I would recommend for you is to get other image of yours for profile image. So that you won’t use same image for gigs and profile image. That way people will be 100% sure that this photo is yours and not some stock image.

• Like 107
  • Thanks 3

• 2 months later...
On 4/4/2021 at 7:19 AM, abdul_dezigns said:

Hi, @michal i have just read your post (Part 1 and two). I’m a graphic designer professional but new on this platform. Can you advise me a color for my gigs?

Hi, as a graphic designer you want to look as a creative person. So orange and yellow fits. We don’t want to have our gig images too colorful tho, so maybe orange + white or yellow + white?

You can even dig deeper and for example if your target market is mostly made of males then you can utilize that and use colors that most of man likes, like blue. 

• Like 182
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 6

Good advice… It’s important to make your gig pic more attention grabbing than your competitors. You need to make it so it attracts more eyballs than the rest of the gigs on the page. So that amongst all the other gigs buyers instantly see yours above all the others…

I saw my competitors where using dull, brown colors etc. So I made mine really vibrant, yellow and black so you see it instantly amongst all the rest.

• Like 120
  • Congrats! 4
  • Thanks 4

• 2 months later...

oh wow. i used these colors for my gig without even thinking about this color phycology. i just used them because it felt good. and because these colors somehow describes me and my work. but now its good to know the phycology behind it. thanks, it was indeed a help full post.

• Like 125
  • Congrats! 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 5:42 PM, the_mad_duck said:

What do you think of purple? I saw it wasn’t listed.

Sorry for late reply

Purple is similiar to black - relates to luxury products & services. That's why a lot of chocolate companies uses it, perceiving buyers into thinking that eating their chocolate is a luxury :D

• Like 129
  • Congrats! 3
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

On 2/12/2020 at 7:03 PM, michal247 said:

Do you know why every water bottle is blue? Why every traffic “Stop” sign is red? It’s because different colors make people feel different emotions. Water bottle is blue, because it looks more trustworthy. Would you drink from a water bottle that it’s color is black? I would not even think about buying one. Every traffic “STOP” sign is red, so it will focus driver attention and make him more alert.

I learned that when I was studying web design and Im still using it today on my websites. If i would be making layout for doctor’s website or payment service company I would totally go on blue with white. Ecology Party Website? There you go green, your turn…

You can see color psychology used everywhere, because it’s so effective. There are artist, companies, politics that are using it. You can use it on your main gig image, so you can affect potential buyers emotions! You could just change colors on it and make your gig more effective. Okay Michał, but I have 5 orders and no time to read so much. I get it and I value your time.

Below I will list most important colors and when to use them. You can read more about color psychology online, as im not psychologist 😁

Red: Increases attention, passion and energy. You can use it for:

• Making your gig more noticeable
  • Bring more attention to important informations
  • Warnings

Blue: Increases calmness, trust and safety. You can use it for:

• Making your gig more trustworthy
  • Make your products look safer
  • Help your clients feel more secure

Orange: Increases friendliness and energy. You can use it for:

• Making your gig look more friendly
  • Make your product look more unique
  • Find younger target audience

White: Increases easiness and simplicity. You can use it for:

• Make your gig look simpler to understand
  • Make your products look more clean (perfect choice for toothpaste, soap)
  • Make your clients feel calmer

Yellow: Increases mood and passion. You can use it for:

• Make your gig feel more passionate
  • Make your clients feel more comfortable

Green: Increases naturalness and healthness. You can use it for:

• Environmentalist theme
  • Make your product feel more natural

Part 2: How to choose colors for your gig image?

I have seen some gigs that have a lot of orders but the color of their gig image is not attractive.

• Like 126
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the valuable tips. I actually changed my gig because of this thread. I figure 7 pages of agreement merits a look see. So I re-uploaded my primary image with a little color psycology applied. I thought blue and white together would signify cleanliness and trustworthyness. Then I used black and yellow for text. to make it stand out. I Thanks, hope it works.

Tim

• Like 109
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...