Sad story on Fiverr

invisiondsign

Actually, I think that you weren’t understood what I was talking about

No, they understood exactly what you were talking about. Entitlement is not a productive concept to base a business upon. If you want sales, you are going to have to earn them. Fiverr does not owe you anything – they do not owe you sales, and they do not owe you a top spot in the search results. You earn your sales by engaging in great marketing, reaching out to your target customers, and maintaining an eye-catching gig that people need.

YOU earn your success, Fiverr is not going to give it to you for free.

Yes of course Fiver isn’t owe me any sales I know that they don’t need to rank my GIG’s up I can do that by providing satisfied service and promoting my GIG’s on Social media platforms. I usually do that. I mentioned above I got sales the day after I created my account if my GIG wasn’t enough competitive I can’t be a level one seller in few months. Just leave your feed backs to the point I have clearly mentioned what was happened. This is really easy to understand order cancellation is a main reason to drop the sales in the Fiverr market place isn’t it. But this situation is different this cancellation has been done by Fiverr cs due to unresponsive buyer if they created this system they might handle this situation as much as fair to both parties the buyers and sellers. If some buyer came and ordered your gig but order countdown isn’t started, even you sent reminders but he would never response. What would you do in this situation?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes of course Fiver isn’t owe me any sales I know that they don’t need to rank my GIG’s up I can do that by providing satisfied service and promoting my GIG’s on Social media platforms. I usually do that. I mentioned above I got sales the day after I created my account if my GIG wasn’t enough competitive I can’t be a level one seller in few months. Just leave your feed backs to the point I have clearly mentioned what was happened. This is really easy to understand order cancellation is a main reason to drop the sales in the Fiverr market place isn’t it. But this situation is different this cancellation has been done by Fiverr cs due to unresponsive buyer if they created this system they might handle this situation as much as fair to both parties the buyers and sellers. If some buyer came and ordered your gig but order countdown isn’t started, even you sent reminders but he would never response. What would you do in this situation?

A good business can adapt to changes like this.

If your business gets zero sales just because of a cancellation, there is something fundamentally wrong with your business.

If the success of your business relies not just in part, but in whole, on you ranking well on a category page, there is something fundamentally wrong with your business.

A good business doesn’t ride on factors out of its control. A good business doesn’t teeter on the edge of disaster.

A good business will sell even if it’s on the last page of results of category pages. Why? Because it’s discoverable in search queries, discoverable and attractive in content marketing, etc. It will sell because there is high demand and low competition. It will sell because it solves a specific need for a niche.

Yes, you got sales before. But that’s because you were lucky. The end of those sales doesn’t mean that Fiverr has wronged you. If you want sales, figure out how to get them. Don’t whine about Fiverr no longer handing them to you.

If your business gets zero sales just because of a cancellation, there is something fundamentally wrong with your business.

If the success of your business relies not just in part, but in whole, on you ranking well on a category page, there is something fundamentally wrong with your business.

A good business doesn’t ride on factors out of its control. A good business doesn’t teeter on the edge of disaster.

A good business will sell even if it’s on the last page of results of category pages. Why? Because it’s discoverable in search queries, discoverable and attractive in content marketing, etc. It will sell because there is high demand and low competition. It will sell because it solves a specific need for a niche.

Yes, you got sales before. But that’s because you were lucky. The end of those sales doesn’t mean that Fiverr has wronged you. If you want sales, figure out how to get them. Don’t whine about Fiverr no longer handing them to you.

Yes, you got sales before. But that’s because you were lucky. The end of those sales doesn’t mean that Fiverr has wronged you. If you want sales, figure out how to get them.

There are significant flaws in the basic logic of this argument. It could be that you have a seller who is an SEO expert. They could have used their SEO know-how to rank highly in the Fiverr search. As a basic fact, most people who use online searches do not click further than the first page of results. This is why you have the saying that the best way to hide a dead body is on the second page of Google.

If Fiverr penalizes sellers in the search for events outwith of their control, this is unjust.

Every business needs to adapt. However, every business needs to adapt around circumstances it at least has some control over.

I agree that the title ‘Sad Story on Fiverr’ is a bit too much. However, the basic concern raised is legitimate. This seller obviously tried to do their best for their client and themselves. It is natural to feel frustrated by such a negative outcome.

Hi, I understand how shocking this is, to go from doing well to having zero sales. I don’t think it was the cancellation that did it.

Do you have any impressions now? Try making a couple of new gigs and see what happens. Pause the old gigs before you put the new gigs live.

I don’t think it was the cancellation that did it.

I think so too. I spent a few minutes checking his Gig and its positioning.

OP has become Level 1 in less than a year, has good reviews and what looks like an honest, genuine portfolio. I don’t really believe that he got sales only because he was lucky.

On the other hand, his Photoshop Gig is nowhere to be found, even if one uses the holy filters of Fiverr correctly (for example: Photoshop Editing, country of origin Sri Lanka, Level One).

What he is expected to do. Jump in the ring of fire?

OP has become Level 1 in less than a year, has good reviews and what looks like an honest, genuine portfolio. I don’t really believe that he got sales only because he was lucky.

On the other hand, his Photoshop Gig is nowhere to be found, even if one uses the holy filters of Fiverr correctly (for example: Photoshop Editing, country of origin Sri Lanka, Level One).

his Photoshop Gig is nowhere to be found

OP you can ask customer support about the reason for this and also be sure to show them that screenshot and mention you have been an excellent seller without any problems.

I am hoping things improve for you. I really hate to hear of things like this when the seller has apparently been a good seller in every way.

Yes, you got sales before. But that’s because you were lucky. The end of those sales doesn’t mean that Fiverr has wronged you. If you want sales, figure out how to get them.

There are significant flaws in the basic logic of this argument. It could be that you have a seller who is an SEO expert. They could have used their SEO know-how to rank highly in the Fiverr search. As a basic fact, most people who use online searches do not click further than the first page of results. This is why you have the saying that the best way to hide a dead body is on the second page of Google.

If Fiverr penalizes sellers in the search for events outwith of their control, this is unjust.

Every business needs to adapt. However, every business needs to adapt around circumstances it at least has some control over.

I agree that the title ‘Sad Story on Fiverr’ is a bit too much. However, the basic concern raised is legitimate. This seller obviously tried to do their best for their client and themselves. It is natural to feel frustrated by such a negative outcome.

The category page is only one helpful place to rank and only one place where you can rank well.

Browsing of category pages is a huge source of sales, yes, but search queries and content marketing can be, too. There are lots of ways to get sales and that starts by creating gigs that have a chance of ranking and have a lower supply than demand.

I’m not taking issue with frustration and concern over how Fiverr runs things. I am taking issue with someone taking no accountability and blaming their problem exclusively on Fiverr while characterizing their success as solely depending on something it actually doesn’t solely depend on at all.

If some buyer came and ordered your gig but order countdown isn’t started, even you sent reminders but he would never response. What would you do in this situation?

I would leave it sitting in my queue since the countdown hasn’t started. Then I would continue doing what I normally do on Fiverr without stressing it. Then after a few days I would click that “reminder button” to let them know i’m still waiting. Then again I would continue doing what I normally do on Fiverr. If still no response I would wait another week and send another notification. If still no response I would leave the order sitting there until Skynet blows up the world and robots take over.

If some buyer came and ordered your gig but order countdown isn’t started, even you sent reminders but he would never response. What would you do in this situation?

I would leave it sitting in my queue since the countdown hasn’t started. Then I would continue doing what I normally do on Fiverr without stressing it. Then after a few days I would click that “reminder button” to let them know i’m still waiting. Then again I would continue doing what I normally do on Fiverr. If still no response I would wait another week and send another notification. If still no response I would leave the order sitting there until Skynet blows up the world and robots take over.

If still no response I would leave the order sitting there until Skynet blows up the world and robots take over.

Well, I’ve tried this and anecdotally, it seems that too many non-started orders may be counted against sellers as far as gig ranking is concerned. It is also not really fair for new sellers who clearly want to do the right thing, to be punished, simply by not knowing that they can leave an non-started order sitting in perpetuity.

The simple and logical solution would be for orders like this to time out after a few days without affecting seller stats.

If still no response I would leave the order sitting there until Skynet blows up the world and robots take over.

Well, I’ve tried this and anecdotally, it seems that too many non-started orders may be counted against sellers as far as gig ranking is concerned. It is also not really fair for new sellers who clearly want to do the right thing, to be punished, simply by not knowing that they can leave an non-started order sitting in perpetuity.

The simple and logical solution would be for orders like this to time out after a few days without affecting seller stats.

OoOo I like that idea! They need to implement this pronto. You got 72 hrs to respond then POOOOOOF, gone without a trace!

OoOo I like that idea! They need to implement this pronto. You got 72 hrs to respond then POOOOOOF, gone without a trace!

OoOo I like that idea!

It is also fairer to buyers as they get their money back. It could also see buyers who have experienced last-minute buyers regret spend funds on new gigs. That would increase customer satisfaction, turnover, and result in happier buyers and sellers.

Sadly, it seems that those wires haven’t been connected yet at Fiverr HQ…

I would have done nothing. There is no harm in letting the order sit until the buyer is willing or able to provide the order details. That order was not active, it was not hurting you in any way. And you only waited a few days. I’ve had the same thing happen, the order sat unstarted for a month or more, and then the buyer finally provided information, and the order started.

You waited only a few days, got frustrated, gave up, and asked CS to get rid of the order for you. Perhaps you didn’t leave enough time for the buyer to respond? Perhaps CS was annoyed that you chose to cancel a perfectly okay order, just because the buyer wasn’t responding fast enough to an order that wasn’t hurting you in any way.

I would have waited. There is no harm done in letting an un-started order sit idle until the buyer is ready to provide details and activate it.

Hi, I understand how shocking this is, to go from doing well to having zero sales. I don’t think it was the cancellation that did it.

Do you have any impressions now? Try making a couple of new gigs and see what happens. Pause the old gigs before you put the new gigs live.

Hi, thanks for your understand yes of course I do my promotions to gain impressions up I update my GIG’s usually Already added few more GIG’s. Thank you so much for your opinions.

Absolutely being just a lucky person doesn’t earn anything from Fiverr we need to work hard and need to provide a best service to customers to gain a good result. 🙂

his Photoshop Gig is nowhere to be found

OP you can ask customer support about the reason for this and also be sure to show them that screenshot and mention you have been an excellent seller without any problems.

I am hoping things improve for you. I really hate to hear of things like this when the seller has apparently been a good seller in every way.

Yes already asked from Fiverr CS but they also can’t provide a reasonable explanation about this. Hopefully willing to work more hard to gain my business up again. Thank you for your advice.

Yes, of course, that would be a great idea they should be concerned.

Can you see this attachment?

You can show all the attachments you want. Sadly, you have angered the anti-entitlement temple of Fiverr by even suggesting Fiverr might in some way be at fault.

There is absolutely no justification for Fiverr penalizing sellers who have to cancel in situations like this. The fact that Fiverr does also makes the idea of marketing your Fiverr gigs somewhat silly.

The basic rule of Fiverr is that you can be thrown under the bus at any time. Also, if that ever happens, you are supposed to like it and be grateful for the past success Fiverr gave you. 😉

Practically, you might want to take this sales lull as a time to create new gigs and expand your business elsewhere. This is the only logical thing anyone can do in this situation.

Actually I’m not blaming to Fiverr, Fiverr is a system that created by some one they created some rules limits and they control the system. When a buyer placed an order and if some matters he couldn’t submit the details but he would never come back again even it’s been a year for the same work. There might be some kind of fair solution for buyers and sellers to handle this or they may need to introduce expiration time for this kind of situation. For good of both parties. In my post I meant If (if means Yes or No simple logic) That kind of reason causes to drop the sales that wasn’t fair for sellers even the buyer who never come back to the same work even after months and years. It’s not practical.

Yes of course my business is a good one if it’s not it’s not brought me at this level. Be a level one seller isn’t easy for every seller in the Fiverr market place it takes years for some. If my business isn’t a good one its impossible ether to me.

The success of my past months isn’t only depend on my luck. Luck isn’t a measurable thing about a business. And I’m not blaming to the Fiverr, Fiverr is a system that someone created logically they created the rules they created the system they created these algorithms, In a system like this there could be bugs technical issues sometimes.

According to the analytic chart that clearly showcase the order cancellation bought down the progress. That could easily understand anyone there are possibilities to happen this kind of situations in a system, If my business isn’t competitive what about the past months progress? A noncompetitive business can’t achieve any success in a market place like Fiverr.

My point is not to blame Fiverr if there are any uncomfortable conditions to the sellers and buyers the authority who created this system they need to give the solutions for those errors or bugs, Just think if someone place and order but he never come back to the same order even after years, Practically we can’t think the buyer would come back after a year for the same order. Like these situations they need to introduce practical solutions like the order expiration time. That’s good for both parties on the system.

Relax, don’t be hard on yourself. Impression goes up and down once in a while. The important thing is to keep working on strategies to get your gigs to have more views. Imagine you are the CEO of your business on Fiverr if you do not advertise your services properly and your gigs do not clearly describe your offers, it will be difficult to get views. Fiverr is wonderful because despite your impressions going down, you still have a chance to get an order which helps build your impressions again.

Well, they are supposed to time out, kind of, you can cancel without harm done after 7 days, according to the help center. I haven’t had the opportunity to try it out, though, fortunately, I don’t seem to get any unstarted orders anymore.

Incomplete

When an order is marked as Incomplete, the buyer is still required to submit the requested information for the seller to complete the order. The order status cannot be adjusted until the buyer replies to the seller’s instructions.

• As sellers , you can leave this section blank if you do not require any further information.

You will also see an option to send a reminder to the buyer, to notify them to reply to the instructions.

• A buyer will see a message indicating a reply to the instructions is required to start the order.

Note: After a week has passed from the original order creation, a seller can cancel the order without any harm to their cancellation ratio or ratings.

source: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/order-status

Well, they are supposed to time out, kind of, you can cancel without harm done after 7 days, according to the help center. I haven’t had the opportunity to try it out, though, fortunately, I don’t seem to get any unstarted orders anymore.

Incomplete

When an order is marked as Incomplete, the buyer is still required to submit the requested information for the seller to complete the order. The order status cannot be adjusted until the buyer replies to the seller’s instructions.

• As sellers , you can leave this section blank if you do not require any further information.

You will also see an option to send a reminder to the buyer, to notify them to reply to the instructions.

• A buyer will see a message indicating a reply to the instructions is required to start the order.

Note: After a week has passed from the original order creation, a seller can cancel the order without any harm to their cancellation ratio or ratings.

Those articles are not correct sometimes.

Relax, don’t be hard on yourself. Impression goes up and down once in a while. The important thing is to keep working on strategies to get your gigs to have more views. Imagine you are the CEO of your business on Fiverr if you do not advertise your services properly and your gigs do not clearly describe your offers, it will be difficult to get views. Fiverr is wonderful because despite your impressions going down, you still have a chance to get an order which helps build your impressions again.

Yep I strongly agree with you, thanks for your feedback, of course if Fiverr don’t do anything we can’t make any sales here there are no doubts but I concern if that cause regarding a system issue they also might notice that too to avoid buyers and sellers disappointment. Thanks again for your feedback…! 🙂

Incomplete

Thank you so much for the information, I think that could be the reason for going down my progress, I contacted the CS just after 2-3 days I should have to stay for one week. Just saw that and updated, Thanks again for your information really appreciate it.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Archived