Meaning of "Looks Like This Service Is On Hold"

I sent a second order to a photoshop editor, have not yet received a reply, but there is a is a new banner on the top of his listing that says: " Looks Like This Service Is On Hold"

The banner wasn’t there when I sent the second order.

What does that mean?
Do I need to start looking for a new photoshop editor?

• Like 6

If you placed an order and now see that banner you should contact customer support and see if you can get a refund. I’m not sure why a seller would go on vacation mode with a live order waiting for him to complete it.

Of course it’s possible he will complete your order but isn’t taking new orders.

• Like 9

If you placed an order and now see that banner you should contact customer support and see if you can get a refund. I’m not sure why a seller would go on vacation mode with a live order waiting for him to complete it.

Of course it’s possible he will complete your order but isn’t taking new orders.

Thank you for the explanation. If I don’t hear from him by tomorrow I’ll post the gig on the “searching for help” board.

• Like 8

This could very well be it. I do this semi-frequently when I’m overbooked. Vacation Mode just means I’m not taking any new orders for a day or two. Unless the seller doesn’t deliver, I wouldn’t worry about it at all.

• Like 11

• 2 years later...

So I am currently getting this notification from my freelancers page as well. Granted, this is after he failed to deliver anything useable to use two times in a row, and now our order is 5 days past due. He has made two partial deliveries to us, each time with files that were blank, and after the second one immediately went on vacation mode. 

Personally, if someone has existing orders awaiting delivery and decided to go on vacation mode, id get refunded and repost the gig as this just seems like poor business practices. If they are overbooked and arent taking new gigs at that time, i can understand that. But for preexisting gigs they were actively working on and are already late delivering on, especially where any attempts to reach them about the issue have gone unresponsive....unacceptable. 

This was my employers big 3d animation delivery today from a freelancer now on vacation mode. Just to give you an idea of why it is so frustrating to be a customer on the other end of someones unresponsiveness.

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 11.52.56 AM.png

• Like 5

• 1 year later...