Vendor not delivering as expected

annemarie108

Hi, Community I’ve used Fiverr for several years and never had this kind of a problem. I ordered a logo from someone who is experienced. He delivered a logo, however, I cannot use it. It is in a web format. He told me to download Adobe Illustrator to use it.

One, i do not have Adobe Illustrator and I told him he should make a note of that as a prerequisite to use his services.
Two. if I had Adobe Illustrator, I would have made my own logo.

Anyway, It’s a useless logo. How do I handle this?

Hi, Community I’ve used Fiverr for several years and never had this kind of a problem. I ordered a logo from someone who is experienced. He delivered a logo, however, I cannot use it. It is in a web format. He told me to download Adobe Illustrator to use it.

One, i do not have Adobe Illustrator and I told him he should make a note of that as a prerequisite to use his services.

It is a bit odd that your seller won’t provide you with a .png version of your logo. It could be that there is a miscommunication problem. Ask them specifically, to please send your logo in a .png file on a transparent background.

If they can’t do this, I would be inclined to suspect that a design has been ripped from somewhere online, as this is a very basic request.

Absolutely support @cyaxrex
What was in his gig description? What files did he offer as a final files? (You can attach a screenshot but without his name for us to have a look)

Ai (vector) files are very important if that’s your question. You might not be able to open it but that’s the file you will need for printing as it doesn’t loose quality and it can also be used for your website.

As a graphic designer myself, I agree with @cyaxrex. There is absolutely no reason why your seller can’t provide the logo in a transparent .png format. That is a common file format, and should be a more than suitable image alternative to him/her demanding that you download expensive software that you do not wish to purchase.

He/she CAN – and should be perfectly able to – send the logo in another image format. If he/she refuses to do so, then I would question the honesty of your seller.

As a graphic designer myself, I agree with @cyaxrex. There is absolutely no reason why your seller can’t provide the logo in a transparent .png format. That is a common file format, and should be a more than suitable image alternative to him/her demanding that you download expensive software that you do not wish to purchase.

He/she CAN – and should be perfectly able to – send the logo in another image format. If he/she refuses to do so, then I would question the honesty of your seller.

Yes and it’s such a simple export! It’s not like it’s complicated or time consuming. This is weird.

I appreciate the freedom with source files, but you shouldn’t have to export it yourself as a client. Yikes. That’s weird.

Yes and it’s such a simple export! It’s not like it’s complicated or time consuming. This is weird.

I appreciate the freedom with source files, but you shouldn’t have to export it yourself as a client. Yikes. That’s weird.

Thanks everyone. i have sent the email to send

logo in a .png file on a transparent background.

Ill keep you posted. AnneMarie

He told me to download Adobe Illustrator to use it.

That’s outrageous. In effect he didn’t deliver anything you can possibly use. Something is wrong.

If the seller can design the logo working on it for hours then why he won’t send the PNG file format which won’t take more than 10 seconds? I think there is misunderstanding simply ask the seller to provide PNG version of the logo file.

Thank you. The seller told me it wasn’t in the scope.

Totally frustrating.

Totally frustrating.

Hey AnneMarie,

As everyone has already pointed out, delivering a .png file should be fairly simple for your seller and if they are not doing so it may be a result of either poor communication, order fatigue or trying to upsell something of no particular value.

However, you mentioned something earlier that’s not true: “if I had Adobe Illustrator I would have made it myself”.

I hardly think that’s the case.

I can’t download a music app and start composing tunes. There’s something missing in that logic, no?

At any rate, your seller’s behavior is alarming.

It’s usually the other way around: since an .ai or .eps file is a vector one, it is considered a master file.

Png and jpeg is a bitmap format that cannot be upscaled.

Sellers usually charge extra for the vector file not the other way around. Did the order go smoothly otherwise? Did you sign off on the design? How did your seller present the design to you?

Totally frustrating.

If the seller say so, then I may ask about his honesty!

Why he can’t provide a PNG file if really he create the logo?

So, please tell again to the seller about your problem that you haven’t Ai software, So he will send you a PNG version with sourch file.

If the seller say so, then I may ask about his honesty!

Why he can’t provide a PNG file if really he create the logo?

So, please tell again to the seller about your problem that you haven’t Ai software, So he will send you a PNG version with sourch file.

If it’s not in his gig description then it’s his full right to decline to deliver it.

@annemarie108 that’s why I asked you earlier to attach the screenshot of his gig description so we could guide you if it was included in the order originally.

If it wasn’t then he has all rights not to deliver it because it wasn’t scope of the gig.

it’s funny if you think that’s how it works 😃

Archived