Giving a Chance to New Sellers!

gina_riley2

I’ve been on Fiverr for a week, and I’m still waiting for this generous buyer! I hope he will read my message and will have the sympathy to make a buying. 😊

That’s not how Fiverr – or this forum works. What are you doing to reach out to your target customers? Are you doing anything to market and promote your gigs/services to the people that need them? Because, I can assure you, sitting back and waiting for the generosity of random people is not going to result in sales or success.

Just a push, at first. Once back on the rails, the train will move forward well. 😉 I know it may look a bit stupid to ask that lend me a hand like that, but I’d like to know how to promote my gigs. I’d be happy to know your practical advices. I think I’ve a good will.

I’d like, for example, to know how to contact its targets, on which forums, which pages to find them …

Thank you Jonbaas !

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a push, at first. Once back on the rails, the train will move forward well. 😉 I know it may look a bit stupid to ask that lend me a hand like that, but I’d like to know how to promote my gigs. I’d be happy to know your practical advices. I think I’ve a good will.

I’d like, for example, to know how to contact its targets, on which forums, which pages to find them …

Thank you Jonbaas !

Isn’t that something only you can find out? After all, none of us are offering your gigs with your specific skill set. IMO, you should do some research and find that out for yourself rather than waiting for answers on the forum.

Thank you Jonbaas !

I’d like to know how to promote my gigs.

Don’t you have a degree in marketing management?

Thank you Jonbaas !

I know it may look a bit stupid to ask that lend me a hand like that, but I’d like to know how to promote my gigs.

You have the ability to figure out what works for you through a little effort and research. Asking me to give you a step-by-step guarantee for success is not going to happen. When I first went into business as a freelancer (long before coming here to Fiverr) I had to take the time to research my own market, and figure out how my services could benefit that market. You have the ability to do the same… you should do the same. You need to do the same.

You are a freelance businessman. You are going to have to learn what that entails, and YOU are going to have to do the research, planning, and experimentation to make that happen. We are not a charity. We are not going to do all of that massive amount of work for you.

If you are serious about being successful, YOU will take action to figure out what YOU need to do to achieve the goals YOU set for yourself. And it would be wise not to try to take the easy road, because only the hard road leads to success.

And no, DO NOT spam forums and pages. That is NOT how you market a business.

Thank you all for your advices, I’m sure they will serve me. I try to do the necessary research.
If I expressed a clumsiness, I hope you aren’t angry. I don’t want you to be frustrated by my intervention. After all, I’m taking my first steps.
Thank you gays for your understanding and your indulgence. 😉

hello, sorry if it’s off topic. I just want to ask, how to get first buyer in fiverr?

hello, sorry if it’s off topic. I just want to ask, how to get first buyer in fiverr?

The forum search is a wonderful feature 😉

Are you new to Fiverr? Are you desperately willing to start off? Are you still waiting for your first Gig Order? You are at the right place. This post should help you immensely, I am sure. Not to dishearten you, but to give you a heads up, let me tell you the truth. Getting started here and getting the first order is not that easy. It is not that simple. But if you are dedicated and passionate about selling your services here and make some money, it is very much possible. I will tell you wh…

Here on fiverr, the competition is fierce and new sellers don’t usually stand a chance, but with more people like you, there’s hope.

the competition is fierce

That’s true, the bar has been raised much higher which is actually good for buyers.

new sellers don’t usually stand a chance

I don’t quite agree with that. There are plenty of new sellers who get to level 2 within 2 months.

Here on fiverr, the competition is fierce and new sellers don’t usually stand a chance, but with more people like you, there’s hope.

I can’t agree with that.

Of course some categories are totally full. But everywhere I look I can see “New sellers” on the searches first pages.

The problem is not visibility. The problem for a new seller is the “Fiverr experience”. knowing what to do to and to do not for a gig to work.

And this Forum is a good place to learn that

I can’t agree with that.

Of course some categories are totally full. But everywhere I look I can see “New sellers” on the searches first pages.

The problem is not visibility. The problem for a new seller is the “Fiverr experience”. knowing what to do to and to do not for a gig to work.

And this Forum is a good place to learn that

A larger number of buyers especially in writing and translation niche tend to buy from only sellers with visible credibility. Such as more reviews.

A larger number of buyers especially in writing and translation niche tend to buy from only sellers with visible credibility. Such as more reviews.

probably

I’ve bought a translation on fiverr and I only focused on the rating and the amount of comments

but for a logo I choose an artist because of her galery

Not all the cactegories are equals 😕

writing and translation niche tend to buy from only sellers with visible credibility

That’s because we can’t trust gig descriptions anymore. Some sellers copy their description from others and even the samples are stolen.

Personally I hire new writers only when they have a video, they are active in forum or they have a blog.

Sometimes it does not work out that well, see my post about this experience.

Guys, I wanted to share my story, how disappointed I am. 11 days ago I have seen a new seller post, how enthusiastic article writer this new seller was. He wants to make it on Fiverr. He is serious about this. I wanted to help him earning a 5 star review, I ordered a blog post from him on a given topic. Win-win, I needed the blog post, he needs a raving review, and I hoped I can give a 5 star one given it’s quality work. The promise was 24 hour delivery. Here we are, 10 days after my order, wa…

Sometimes it does not work out that well, see my post about this experience.

Guys, I wanted to share my story, how disappointed I am. 11 days ago I have seen a new seller post, how enthusiastic article writer this new seller was. He wants to make it on Fiverr. He is serious about this. I wanted to help him earning a 5 star review, I ordered a blog post from him on a given topic. Win-win, I needed the blog post, he needs a raving review, and I hoped I can give a 5 star one given it’s quality work. The promise was 24 hour delivery. Here we are, 10 days after my order, wa…

This can happen with an experienced seller as well.

I used a logo designer for quite a few orders and then all of a sudden he decided to quit Fiverr. Not sure why, but he dropped everything including orders in progress.

Guest barik2siku

Such an honest and warm talks (coming straight out of the heart)!!! Wish,every other member of this platform called Fiverr would have nurtured the same thought as that of yours! Anyway, as a new member here I too feel the same vulnerability as many other newbies. But, I do have trust in my skills and the experience of so many years dedicated to gain this skill. So, I think, it’s only a matter of time to get noticed. And, when you get this ‘break’ just prove yourself and voila!!! Your story starts…

Best wishes for other newbies here. Be confident and there will be your turn too. 😎

• 4 months later...

4 BIG Mistakes Buyers Make and What To Do About It!!
As a buyer and seller here on Fiverr for the past year, I can honestly say that I have learned a lot, mostly from making mistakes. Because I do not want buyers to make my same mistakes, I have complied a short list of four mistakes buyers make and how to avoid them.

1.Not Making Sure the Seller Speaks the Same Language
This one is important for obvious reasons. But I know people can get so caught up in other details of the gig that they forget to make sure that they can actually talk to the seller. Fiverr, like all things on the web, is open to everyone and every language. So you cannot assume that the seller speaks the same language at the same level. To avoid this, look at the sellers profile and make sure the language and level of fluency is at the level you want.

2.Letting the Price Determine Everything
Fiverr has become a place where people can find good quality work at a great price, which is great. But you cannot let price alone determine who you should work with. Fiverr is not immune to scammers and scammers know people are always looking for the lowest price. Thus, scammers will use low prices to lure in victims. Please avoid this, and read the description of the seller to get a feel for who they are and see if you would be comfortable working with them.

3.Skimming/Skipping the Descriptions
Yes, READ the descriptions. Do NOT just skim. The description is a vital part of the gig. It tells you what each seller is willing to do. In fact, some people have missed out on scoring discounts simply because they skipped the description. Even if you know what they will do, just read the descriptions to make sure they provide the services you want.

4.Forgetting to ask if you will own the rights to the product
This is more for creative goods, such as logos, animations, and comics. But I highly recommend asking sellers if the rights to the product belong to you. Some sellers relinquish all rights, while some will just give you the characters, but not the entire comic. It all depends. But please check with them before moving forward.

I would love to know what were some things you wished you did before buying. Just reply down below.

Thanks for reading and look me up at thedataist on Fiverr.
Best,
-thedataist

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to also add the following as well:

1. Communication is key in everything. Before placing an order a buyer must communicate with the seller first so as to prevent cancellation, resolutions center issues, delay in delivery among others.

2. You also need to read the responses to an order or the descriptions of a particular gig before buying. This will ensure that the product you are getting is what you ordered.

3. Give new sellers a chance.

4. Check ratings and reviews to help guide your selection choice

I hope that helped.

Archived