Giving a Chance to New Sellers!

gina_riley2

yes plzzzzzzzzzz give new sellers also a chances so that it will boost their morale.

New sellers can work hard to EARN their success, just like us veteran sellers have done. Fiverr is not responsible for “giving you chances”. It is YOUR responsibility to market and promote your gig, have an eye-catching professional-looking gig, and deliver high-quality work that earns you a strong seller reputation.

You can boost your own morale through hard work that achieves the goals you set.

yes but new sellers should get some orders then they will be able to work hard

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/16/2018 at 8:02 AM, richadwivedi said:

why buyers request aren’t showing. can you help me

New sellers often don’t see many requests. Also, because many new sellers spam buyers with offers without reading what the buyer needs done, once a request has received 10 offers from new sellers, it vanishes from search.

You can try checking the offers more often.

You can also improve your gigs and profile to increase the chance of getting hired. 

You’re offering a writing service, yet your gig description is full of grammar mistakes.

It’s not about your level it’s about the quality of service you provide.

Don’t even get me started on the logos you’re selling.

A tip for other newbies reading this

Provide a service you’re actually good at and don’t steal. It’s not that difficult.

You’re offering a writing service, yet your gig description is full of grammar mistakes.

Provide a service you’re actually good at and don’t steal. It’s not that difficult.

don’t steal. It’s not that difficult.

This is where the problem lies - many newbies don’t think in terms of difficulty (i.e. finding the less difficult idea to make money), but rather in terms of easiness & speed (finding the easiest & fastest way to make money).

And “the less difficult” is a lot more difficult than “the easiest & fastest”, the latter being at anyone’s disposal 😛

Don’t even get me started on the logos you’re selling

That’s ok! I’ll do it! STOP STEALING!!!

@richadwivedi I am curious. If you had to steal copyrighted material just to create your gig, what do you plan on doing when people actually place an order? Or what is your plan when the owner of those images you are using contacts you regarding copyright infringement?

EDIT: It shouldn’t surprise me, but it appears you have also copied someone’s gig description too.

Guest rajsheridn

Little advice for newbie buyers:

There are many talented sellers on 5r. There are some with hundreds or even thousands of excellent reviews to back them up. Then there are the newbies with zero or perhaps a few reviews just waiting for the chance to prove they are the “Top Dog” - in a sea of thousands of sellers in the same nitch.

Not all new sellers are created the same. Some are professionals from the day job or previous career and truly are EXPERTS in what they do. Being a freelancer on 5r means there is no overhead and it’s a cost saving for them.

These newbie sellers could be:

• A new mom taking a break from the corporate world or
  • A retiree who needs or wants few extra cash without having to go back to the office
  • Someone unable to work outside the home due to an illness or physical condition

They have exceptional abilities and you may very well be getting work that is worth hundreds or even thousands for fraction of the cost.

• I hired a newbie photoshop expert with zero reviews who gave me the “WOW” factor!

• I worked with two newbie manuscript editors who gave me work that was equal to corporate professionals - simply because they were.

• I’ve worked with newbie article writer who gave me writings that far surpassed many others I’ve worked with in the past.

On and on and on . . .

You may be the next buyer to find that 💍 or hidden gem on 5r. So, go ahead and give that newbie with zero reviews a chance. Make sure he/she has a genuine profile picture, great gig pictures, well written description - and take the plunge.

You take the time to research and find the right seller and you too can get thousands of dollars of work for hundreds.

Oh, when you do find that awesome new seller - take the time to give them a well written review (5 stars, of course) and if you can, give them a nice gratuity for the awesome work you got for pennies on the dollar elewhere! 🙂

These newbie sellers could be:

• A new mom taking a break from the corporate world or
  • A retiree who needs or wants few extra cash without having to go back to the office
  • Someone unable to work outside the home due to an illness or physical condition

They have exceptional abilities and you may very well be getting work that is worth hundreds or even thousands for fraction of the cost.

Being physically challenged sucks sometime but i definitely have talent to thrive between this fierce competition. I won’t lose hope & your post adds to my motivation. 🙂

A retiree who needs or wants few extra cash without having to go back to the office

That would be me. When I want to hire someone to do jobs for me, I look for newbies with quality work. I have only employed 2 or 3, but I never have bee disappointed. What is interesting is they all were young, teens and people in their early 20’s.

What is interesting is they all were young, teens and people in their early 20’s.

I think a lot of people assume that people in their teens and early 20’s don’t have the work ethic that older people have, whereas in reality (at least from what I’ve seen) a lot of people in this age group want to work for themselves instead of big corporate companies and this is why they’re coming to sites like Fiverr.

I’m nineteen and disabled, so I can’t get a conventional job, which is why somewhere like Fiverr works well for me. I’m new, and I’ve no idea whether it’s going to work out, but I thought I’d give it a go anyway. What’s the worst that can happen?

I’m at the point where I’m editing some of the novels I’ve written at various points throughout the last decade with the hopes of self-publishing them. When the time comes, I’ve already decided I’m going to be using freelancers from this website to help with the cover/editing process. Thanks to this thread, I’m definitely going to think a little harder about who I hire, and consider new users!

can i share my gigs in comment section? i am new on fiverr, i really have expertise, but till i could not manage a single order.

can i share my gigs in comment section? i am new on fiverr, i really have expertise, but till i could not manage a single order.

You can advertise your Fiverr gig(s) here. Just create a new topic! (direct URLs are preferred)

This was a great post, thanks Gina. I have as well found the same experience while working with newbies. I had been trying out Google AdWords and PPC management agencies for a while and spent thousands on them with little results until I found the perfect newbie seller on Fiverr who had over 10 years of experience in Adwords! I hired him and he’s been doing a great job ever since. Really a gem 🙂 great advice here!

I am also new here and expert in my work. I am not receiving any order because i have no Review. And there are no buyer requests on my Profile also.

If buyer want they can order me but they only like to order to those who have already well profile and reviews.

I am also new here and expert in my work. I am not receiving any order because i have no Review. And there are no buyer requests on my Profile also.

If buyer want they can order me but they only like to order to those who have already well profile and reviews.

I’ve just taken a look at your profile and realised you’ve only got one gig. Could you create a few more and see if that works well for you? That’s how I received my first order. It might also help with the issue you’re having with the ‘buyers requests’ section, too! I didn’t have any show up until I’d added a few more gigs, either.

Don’t give up. I know it can be difficult as a new seller, but buyers will come eventually. There are plenty of tips already on this forum which will help you get more sales. You can use the search bar in the top right to find them.

I’ve just taken a look at your profile and realised you’ve only got one gig. Could you create a few more and see if that works well for you? That’s how I received my first order. It might also help with the issue you’re having with the ‘buyers requests’ section, too! I didn’t have any show up until I’d added a few more gigs, either.

Don’t give up. I know it can be difficult as a new seller, but buyers will come eventually. There are plenty of tips already on this forum which will help you get more sales. You can use the search bar in the top right to find them.

Thanks @rebekahgillian for your great advice. I think you are right and i should create a few more gig.

Don’t give up. I know it can be difficult as a new seller, but buyers will come eventually.

Thanks for your consoling. I will create a few more GIG & try my best.

Guest andydesigner

Work on portfolio and write it yourself and make more gigs and see some inspiration from mygigs how they are made as from top rate seller to new seller i know how things do work on fiverr you have to change strategy and give one hour a day on your gigs

Thank you very much @gina_riley2 for your nice post. As a new seller with just a single review, I appreciate you. As you mentioned that newbies with zero review do not mean that they are not expert.

I am a WordPress developer working over 5 years and have experience with large range WordPress projects including but not limited to e-commerce, real-estate, WPLMS, Health, Automobile, Payment gateways and many more. I have worked at a local agency which is fiverr base for 3 years.

I have developed and customized huge range of websites but I am a new seller on fiverr and after some research I am afraid to get an order as a new seller. I don’t know why they don’t have enough faith on new seller. I think they can take a test with a lower budget custom order first.

I’ve been on Fiverr for a week, and I’m still waiting for this generous buyer! I hope he will read my message and will have the sympathy to make a buying. 😊

I’ve been on Fiverr for a week, and I’m still waiting for this generous buyer! I hope he will read my message and will have the sympathy to make a buying. 😊

That’s not how Fiverr – or this forum works. What are you doing to reach out to your target customers? Are you doing anything to market and promote your gigs/services to the people that need them? Because, I can assure you, sitting back and waiting for the generosity of random people is not going to result in sales or success.

Archived