Second evaluation day is upon us! how have you been since the last one?

vira_lanka19871

If I can’t retain the level I’ve achieved then I’m in two minds as to whether to carry on - I don’t mind being dropped because of my failings, but don’t see why somebody else’s daftness should have an effect on my ratings.

I agree.

I encourage you not to give up, though. Hang in there. I was Level 2 at the turn of the new year, I was demoted to Level 1 on January 15th due to one negative review ON level’s day (how’s that for crappy luck!)… and later today, I will be demoted to “New Seller” due to the worst month of demanding sellers I have ever had in four years here on Fiverr.

I guess I’ll have to ride out the levels wave as a New Seller for a month or two.

On the plus side, though (since I see the world through optimistic eyes), I’m going to look like an amazing, awesome, “I’ve gotta hire this guy” “New Seller” with well over 1,000 reviews! That could be a huge advantage for me. 🤨

I said that cos I know of someone who was demoted to a new seller and yet increased in sales. No matter the position, whatever will be will be.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said that cos I know of someone who was demoted to a new seller and yet increased in sales. No matter the position, whatever will be will be.

Yep. Reputation trumps the seller level badge every day. Most new sellers don’t have a reputation built up yet, so, for them, levels are huge in their eyes. But for any seller whose been around a while… we know there’s more to success (and steady sales) than the level’s badge attached to your account. 😉

Yep. Reputation trumps the seller level badge every day. Most new sellers don’t have a reputation built up yet, so, for them, levels are huge in their eyes. But for any seller whose been around a while… we know there’s more to success (and steady sales) than the level’s badge attached to your account. 😉

Exactly, you are right. Levels badge seems like a hall of fame for new sellers

But okay, no correlation whatsoever.

I was demoted to Level 1 in January, and have seen no significant drop in sales as a result. Buyers don’t choose to work with me based upon a badge next to my name. They choose to work with me because of my 1,000+ reviews, my reputation for great work, and my professionalism, as seen on my gig pages.

Let’s give serious buyers more credit than to assume that the most important thing to them is a seller’s level badge. Great buyers look at the entire picture.

That said, I’m going to go with what Fiverr has said, as well as my four years of data and experience as a Fiverr seller. I see no reason to keep arguing what has already been established as fact by Fiverr.

I was demoted to Level 1 in January, and have seen no significant drop in sales as a result

But if you had used the full amount of gigs you can display in the previous level (or at least more than the level below), and people regularly ordered each gig, you would most likely have seen a drop in sales because the vast majority of sellers who drop a level will only all be able to have the number of gigs active that their current level says they can have, so buyers wouldn’t be able to choose to order gigs that they previously ordered because of the level drop.

I was demoted to Level 1 in January, and have seen no significant drop in sales as a result

But if you had used the full amount of gigs you can display in the previous level (or at least more than the level below), and people regularly ordered each gig, you would most likely have seen a drop in sales because the vast majority of sellers who drop a level will only all be able to have the number of gigs active that their current level says they can have, so buyers wouldn’t be able to choose to order gigs that they previously ordered because of the level drop.

My strategy: I don’t feel the need to have the maximum amount of gigs in order to be successful here on Fiverr. I choose to focus on a specific set of services that I do very well, rather than mass-hosting multiple services that are average and split my attention.

I don’t need to be the Walmart of freelancers. 😉

My strategy: I don’t feel the need to have the maximum amount of gigs in order to be successful here on Fiverr. I choose to focus on a specific set of services that I do very well, rather than mass-hosting multiple services that are average and split my attention.

I don’t need to be the Walmart of freelancers. 😉

Though some/a lot of sellers will earn the most if they have >7 gigs active. So for them, level drops can lead to a drop in sales due to their buyers not being able to order the sellers’ gigs that they previously could.

So it’s not just the maximum gigs - its also if you have more than the level below (unless you’re one of the very few people allowed to keep all the gigs active that the level above allowed when dropping a level).

eg. tomorrow I’ll have to pick a gig to remove from the active list (unless a good one to remove is picked automatically) that buyers ordered in the past and now buyers won’t be able to order it, so I’ll miss any future sales from it until I ever increase levels or swap it with another gig buyers bought in the past. It will also mean I won’t be able to try out new gigs to see which I’m best at/which would be the most successful while keeping all previously bought gigs active, also missing out on potential sales if that new gig was successful.

Fewer active gigs also means that a seller can send offers to fewer buyer requests and so get fewer orders from there. Even if the buyer request is shown, and they can do what is specified in the request, if they don’t have a specific enough gig for that request, they can’t send an offer to it/the buyer won’t want to accept the offer. So they will see less requests and more requests they can easily profit from but can’t send an offer to because they are limited in the amount of gigs they can have.

Okay - here’s my honest answer:

Despite having the easiest to understand gigs in the world, I’ve had 3 cancelled orders (before delivery, ordered by mistake etc.)

Result - completed orders dipped below 90%, so I’ve gone on vacation and paused all my gigs. Level 2 will go tomorrow due to no fault of mine.

Why have I paused my gigs?

Pride - pure and simple.

If I can’t retain the level I’ve achieved then I’m in two minds as to whether to carry on - I don’t mind being dropped because of my failings, but don’t see why somebody else’s daftness should have an effect on my ratings.

I don’t mind being dropped because of my failings, but don’t see why somebody else’s daftness should have an effect on my ratings.

This is the biggest issue that fiverr has to resolve right now. Good sellers are getting creamed because of flaky buyer mistakes. They have to fix this.

I dropped from Level 2 to Level 1 but it did not decrease my sales nor my visibility. I am still featured on page one and more often than not, my gig is the first to pop up in plots and writing romance novels. I’ve had many new sellers and the old ones are still behind me 100%. I did work to get my completion rating from 64% to 92% though. Looking forward to be back at Level 2.

(I recently had a scare though which sent me scrabbling back and forth between hospitals for breast cancer screening. I’ve a surgery scheduled soon, doctor to revisit on Thursday to find out exactly when. Now I am thinking how all this will affect my ability to work on Fiverr and if my my Level will drop because of the new system.) Oh well, we shall see.

(I recently had a scare though which sent me scrabbling back and forth between hospitals for breast cancer screening

I hope everything is OK - and that is probably more important for you to worry about than fiverr levels 💛

(I recently had a scare though which sent me scrabbling back and forth between hospitals for breast cancer screening

I hope everything is OK - and that is probably more important for you to worry about than fiverr levels 💛

Thanks for the kind words. I’ll know more how serious things are when I revisit the doctor with my ultrasound results tomorrow. I’m hoping I’ll be out of commission for a week at most.

Thanks for the kind words. I’ll know more how serious things are when I revisit the doctor with my ultrasound results tomorrow. I’m hoping I’ll be out of commission for a week at most.

You’re very welcome, I’m hoping for the best possible outcome for you 💛

I’m on Vacation and will remain on vacation until the evaluation is over. xD
Here’s why (If you wonder):

For some reason, my Fiverr experience is same as always since I knew the possible outcomes that might come in my way and I was always prepared. All thanks to the Fiverr Forum and a nice community, I learned everything I need to make sales from this community. Fiverr is the first platform where I started freelancing, and I never hoped to switch or try anything else. I work less here, less than average, don’t care about not getting orders. I don’t promote or spam my gigs anywhere because I don’t h…

Still nothing with the level updates?! I thought this was a 100% automated process ( As fiverr claims )and if that is the case, everyone should get split second level updates on each months 15th at 12.00 AM ?!

It might be automated when they push the button but the timing for it varies somewhat. They keep us in suspense.

oh no man will our orders will affect our if we got demoted ? 😥

From level 2 to level 1 there shouldn’t be much difference, you might have to pause some gigs, you might not be able to send custom offers.

From TRS to level 2 is truly terrible. It’s like going from First Class to Economy Plus. We’ll see what happens tomorrow. I imagine I’m going to wake up with a demotion letter.

Archived