Buyer placed an order today, despite me saying I did not have time beforehand, and then declined my extension request

kandrewsreads

Question

Hi! This is not a problem I have run into before. I schedule my work in advance, and state on my gigs that I should be contacted first before any purchases are made. The buyer asked if I could beta read a 71k manuscript for them. I replied that I would be happy to on the 16th of May as my schedule is full until then. I suggested he purchase the gig now to book that slot, but not send me the manuscript until the 15th as the delivery countdown does not start until the manuscript has been sent. I do this with all clients and no one has been tripped up by this before. He then just immediately purchased the gig from me and sent the manuscript. I sent him a delivery extension request reiterating that I did not have the space until the 16th as mentioned in my previous messages. He declined the extension and said he didn't see my other messages about starting on the 16th. What do I do now? Can I request to extend it again? I have multiple other manuscripts to work through and unless I forgo sleep and take no days off for the rest of the month, I will not have time to complete his order. 

• Like 3

1 answer to this question

If I were you, I would cancel the job. Sure, money is important as is your success score, but I believe the most important thing is finding suitable clients who you can work with, not work for. If he doesn't care about your condition, why should you care about his condition? The agreement was not met.

• Like 3