Give Us Gig Images

Let’s be realistic, when you run your own business you always have to invest something, whether it’s your $5 for your image or subscriptions to various sites etc.

Not necessarily. Fiverr is/was revolutionary because you didn’t have to spend money to make money, unlike most businesses. You can’t open a restaurant without spending a lot of money. You can’t become a realtor without spending money.

I’m just glad Fiverr doesn’t make gig videos mandatory, that would kill a lot of gigs .

A photo of oneself creates trust, stands for honesty, pride in what one does etc., pretty positive.

Not necessarily, people are buying what you can do, not who you are. Many female writers use pseudonyms or initials because they don’t want gender biases affecting sales, perceptions, etc. “J. K. Rowling” is an example of that. If she wasn’t famous, nobody would know J.K. is a woman.

If I want to buy a fitness coaching gig, sure, the seller better show me their (own!) great body,

That’s different because when it comes to fitness, we’re inspired by our betters. I’m not going to take weight loss advice from someone that weights 300 pounds, but if I see a before and after picture, if he’s like Richard Simmons, someone who went from obese to skinny, then that picture has selling power.

Just an idea, of course, but especially when your gigs promise creative things, a placeholder might not be your best bet

Why not? We’re talking about writers, accountants, lawyers, and others who don’t design. You’re not buying my gig picture, you’re buying what I can do. Of course, if you sell gig images, then a placeholder is no good.

We´re talking about creativity.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think of yourself as an author who has to hire someone to create the book cover, or the chocolatier who gets someone to create packaging. If you want to sell a product or service, you need to either learn how to do all the ancillary stuff yourself or hire someone to do it. It’s hardly sensible to expect another service provider (Fiverr) to give that to you for free!

Guest offlinehelpers

If I can’t cook I buy a takeaway; if I can’t drive I take a bus etc. I expect to pay for all of these - should they be free as well just because I don’t fancy paying for them?

If I can’t cook I buy a takeaway; if I can’t drive I take a bus etc. I expect to pay for all of these - should they be free as well just because I don’t fancy paying for them?

should they be free as well just because I don’t fancy paying for them?

Agree, the whining is getting really really old.

Think of yourself as an author who has to hire someone to create the book cover, or the chocolatier who gets someone to create packaging. If you want to sell a product or service, you need to either learn how to do all the ancillary stuff yourself or hire someone to do it. It’s hardly sensible to expect another service provider (Fiverr) to give that to you for free!

You always hire someone else to do it. Do you do your own taxes, change your own oil, fix your own car, cut your own hair? No, if you’re like 99% of us, you hire other people to do that.

It is not the same. Fiverr takes 20%, they don’t charge you a membership fee, don’t don’t make you take a test or prove your abilities, so why are they demanding gig images? It’s retarded! You don’t have to be a professional photographer to be on Instagram, but you need gig images to sell on Fiverr.

We’re not all graphic designers, and thanks to your demotions, some of us had to spent money paying for new gig images.

This is wrong. You should give us gig images, even Facebook can let us turn a quote into an image

Example below:

We’re not all graphic designers, and thanks to your demotions, some of us had to spent money paying for new gig images.

This is wrong. You should give us gig images, even Facebook can let us turn a quote into an image

If you want to sell a product or service, you need to either learn how to do all the ancillary stuff yourself or hire someone to do it

You always hire someone else to do it.

Glad you have come around to the idea of just hiring someone and not expecting other parties to just do it for you.

I guess this can go on forever, but like annai80 mentioned somewhere up there, I’ve been seeing a good number of angry posts made by you, and there is so much negativity and anger.
A lot of the stuff I get it, ( I rant too, quite often in fact ) I really do. You were a TRS and your badge got taken away and it seemed very unfair, and that’s just a small part of it.

As far as I can tell though, you are still doing fine. You are still getting orders, plenty I believe, and you have more than enough to hire someone to provide you a really nice graphic. Not sure how much you need to pay in your case, but still.

Why all the anger??? I know we all react differently to things, but seeing how well
you are still doing, I’m having a hard time understanding.

You always hire someone else to do it. Do you do your own taxes, change your own oil, fix your own car, cut your own hair? No, if you’re like 99% of us, you hire other people to do that.

It is not the same. Fiverr takes 20%, they don’t charge you a membership fee, don’t don’t make you take a test or prove your abilities, so why are they demanding gig images? It’s retarded! You don’t have to be a professional photographer to be on Instagram, but you need gig images to sell on Fiverr.

You have some decent images now on your first two gigs so that should help you. Before it was all blank on all your gigs because you had videos with blank areas showing as your gig images. You could always use that one with the lightbulb you showed us.

I guess this can go on forever, but like annai80 mentioned somewhere up there, I’ve been seeing a good number of angry posts made by you, and there is so much negativity and anger.

A lot of the stuff I get it, ( I rant too, quite often in fact ) I really do. You were a TRS and your badge got taken away and it seemed very unfair, and that’s just a small part of it.

As far as I can tell though, you are still doing fine. You are still getting orders, plenty I believe, and you have more than enough to hire someone to provide you a really nice graphic. Not sure how much you need to pay in your case, but still.

Why all the anger??? I know we all react differently to things, but seeing how well

you are still doing, I’m having a hard time understanding.

As far as I can tell though, you are still doing fine.

No I’m not, this January I’ve only made $906. Last year I made $1,233. Today is Monday, it’s supposed to be my best day, yet I got $0 in orders.

Fiverr doesn’t care, King Fiverr has decreed demotions forever. Just like Che Guevara replaced salary raises with certificates of appreciation, we can either be demoted or told we won’t be promoted.

So I am not doing fine. I gave up the corporate world for Fiverr, now looks I’m gonna have to go back to that world, assuming they will even have me. That is not what I want. I want to go back to the good old days of waking up with $30 to $80 in orders. I want to work 5-hours and feel like it’s been a long day. I want the old Fiverr back!

As far as I can tell though, you are still doing fine.

No I’m not, this January I’ve only made $906. Last year I made $1,233. Today is Monday, it’s supposed to be my best day, yet I got $0 in orders.

Fiverr doesn’t care, King Fiverr has decreed demotions forever. Just like Che Guevara replaced salary raises with certificates of appreciation, we can either be demoted or told we won’t be promoted.

So I am not doing fine. I gave up the corporate world for Fiverr, now looks I’m gonna have to go back to that world, assuming they will even have me. That is not what I want. I want to go back to the good old days of waking up with $30 to $80 in orders. I want to work 5-hours and feel like it’s been a long day. I want the old Fiverr back!

No I’m not, this January I’ve only made $906.

Seriously? You’re complaining because you’ve earned $906 in January?! 😮

There are plenty of sellers on Fiverr who don’t even earn a quarter of that in an entire year.

So I am not doing fine. I gave up the corporate world for Fiverr, now looks I’m gonna have to go back to that world, assuming they will even have me.

I beg to differ. $906 in a single month sounds like a successful month to me (and I’m sure, plenty of other sellers as well). Please stop complaining. It’s getting REALLY old.

No I’m not, this January I’ve only made $906.

Seriously? You’re complaining because you’ve earned $906 in January?! 😮

There are plenty of sellers on Fiverr who don’t even earn a quarter of that in an entire year.

So I am not doing fine. I gave up the corporate world for Fiverr, now looks I’m gonna have to go back to that world, assuming they will even have me.

I beg to differ. $906 in a single month sounds like a successful month to me (and I’m sure, plenty of other sellers as well). Please stop complaining. It’s getting REALLY old.

$906 may be a lot of money in countries where people earn $1 a day. I live in America!

There are also sellers who earn $50,000, even $100,000 a year, so don’t ask me to settle for peanuts. I’ve been here since January 2013, I’ve been loyal, I’m never late, so I expect the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Guest offlinehelpers

$906 may be a lot of money in countries where people earn $1 a day. I live in America!

There are also sellers who earn $50,000, even $100,000 a year, so don’t ask me to settle for peanuts. I’ve been here since January 2013, I’ve been loyal, I’m never late, so I expect the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

$906 in a month and you don’t want to pay $5 for a gig image?

There are also sellers who earn $50,000, even $100,000 a year, so don’t ask me to settle for peanuts.

I didn’t “ask you to settle” for anything. I just suggested that you not thumb your nose at $906. Even in the United States, that’s not “peanuts”. You can do a lot with $906.

Comparing yourself to more successful sellers is only going to cause you frustration. There are no guarantees that anyone will make $50,000 to $100,000 per year here on Fiverr. I’ll bet, during your five years as a Fiverr seller, that you never enjoyed that level of profit. So why is it such a big issue for you now?

I’ve been loyal, I’m never late, so I expect the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Since when are you entitled to things you don’t earn?

The founder of Ikea recently died, he was a billionaire. Yet he flew crap class (economy), he stayed at cheap hotels, and he allowed himself very few luxuries. He was so frugal that after buying his wife a house in France, he insisted that some of the rooms be rented. The money I make on Fiverr is to pay my bills, I don’t spend it on Fiverr unless I have to.

I hope you can keep whinning on twitter instead to the CEO @michaelkaufman and hopefully get a feedback from him to help us all speak the voice? That’s much better IMO.

Twitter is a censorship cesspool, I do not bother with them. I also don’t think Mr. Kaufman will respond.

Oh well, I tried. 20 chars

Yes, I used to be rude to buyers. I was on Fiverr when Fiverr was a wild west where you could insult buyers and not even get an account warning. In in spite of that, I still managed to get elevated to TRS and kept that level for several years.

Besides, you’re whatever shade you throw at me is reflected back on you.

Guest offlinehelpers

The founder of Ikea recently died, he was a billionaire. Yet he flew crap class (economy), he stayed at cheap hotels, and he allowed himself very few luxuries. He was so frugal that after buying his wife a house in France, he insisted that some of the rooms be rented. The money I make on Fiverr is to pay my bills, I don’t spend it on Fiverr unless I have to.

I hope you can keep whinning on twitter instead to the CEO @michaelkaufman and hopefully get a feedback from him to help us all speak the voice? That’s much better IMO.

Twitter is a censorship cesspool, I do not bother with them. I also don’t think Mr. Kaufman will respond.

Yes, I used to be rude to buyers. I was on Fiverr when Fiverr was a wild west where you could insult buyers and not even get an account warning. In in spite of that, I still managed to get elevated to TRS and kept that level for several years.

I’m sure the late CEO of IKEA invested in his business at some point.

Example below:

You should give us gig images, even Facebook can let us turn a quote into an image

Unfortunately we can’t help you with that and considering that it’s not a big issue for others, I doubt this request will get a high priority. (Assuming it even reaches Fiverr’s development team).

Did you seriously just use this argument?

Not sure how you arrived at that since I DON’T YELL AT my customers or call them names.

Isn’t this a common grade school taunt? Is this really something a grown-up, professional freelancer should be uttering towards people that disagree with you? :thinking:

Guest sara19841

Did you seriously just use this argument?

Not sure how you arrived at that since I DON’T YELL AT my customers or call them names.

Twinkle twinkle little star, what you say is what you are.

Isn’t this a common grade school taunt? Is this really something a grown-up, professional freelancer should be uttering towards people that disagree with you? :thinking:

It reminds me of this as well:

Isn’t this a common grade school taunt? Is this really something a grown-up, professional freelancer should be uttering towards people that disagree with you?

We are judged by the way we treat others, and I saw the comment he had hidden by the forum, I saw what he wrote about me, how he tried to use my negative reviews against me.

See? I didn’t get personal! But maybe I should, maybe I should look for newsmike negative reviews, then again, I have better things to do.

There are no guarantees that anyone will make $50,000 to $100,000 per year here on Fiverr.

I never asked to make those amounts. But if I made $19,000 in 2015, $16,000 in 2016, and $18,000 in 2017, I expect to keep making those amounts, maybe more. Nowadays, I’m expecting to make a lot less, and that isn’t good.

The reality is that Fiverr has changed for the worst.

I’m sure the late CEO of IKEA invested in his business at some point.

Well, of course he did, that’s not the point. The point is that he was frugal, he didn’t waste his money on things he saw as BS. Other CEO’s spend fortunes flying on private jets, he flew commercial, others have mansions and limousines, he lived in a simple house full of Ikea’s furniture.

If Fiverr gives up gig image placeholder, more people will join Fiverr, more money will be made, more 20%'s will be collected. That’s a good idea! St. Level’s is a bad idea. Then again, Fiverr is all about bad ideas lately.

Archived