Why did I choose to be a freelancer

dearartpkp

but as I said I also like to sleep in

And so I joined a freelance platform which is many peoples leading cause of insomnia, dark eye circles, and rarely ever making it to their bedroom for most of their lives, aside to check if it is still there occasionally…

You’re new, Vicky. So very new…

Why yes, I am new to Fiverr, but I have years on you. I am better at staying up to the wee hours than getting up, and I do not need to make my whole living here, so I plan to work less than you fulltime Fiverrs.

On another note, you said: on another thread that you canceled an order. Can we do that before we start the order?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I became a freelancer because I hate being told what to do all the time. I also decided that I would start making a living as a writer (since that’s what I wanna do) and this seemed like a good place to start. It’s not my end game, but so far it’s been good for me. And finally, for health reasons. I went to the hospital fourth times and all were around times where I was very very stressed. Overall, I just don’t see reasons why I shouldn’t be a freelancer 😄

I became a freelancer because I hate being told what to do all the time. I also decided that I would start making a living as a writer (since that’s what I wanna do) and this seemed like a good place to start. It’s not my end game, but so far it’s been good for me. And finally, for health reasons. I went to the hospital fourth times and all were around times where I was very very stressed. Overall, I just don’t see reasons why I shouldn’t be a freelancer 😄

The right reason is that you really love your work 😊

few years ago i don’t interest freelancing…i was think freelancing boring job…so no intrestbut one years ago i freelancing interesting job.bcz freelancing work relaxed everyone…and many money source for freelancing…but any official job hard working…but not many money…or many reason i feel freelancing perfect job everyone…

@tamal30 Ever since I got to know graphic design. I am instantly interested in becoming a freelancer. Yes because I find it hard to get a job that is paid by my boss every month. So this is the perfect thing to do

I started freelancing just the end of July because a banker from South Africa I met through a Facebook asked me to read his new e-Book and give him an honest review on Amazon. I read it and found a considerable amount of mistakes. I asked him if he wanted me to let him know what the errors were. It ended up I proofread and edited his book for free while I read it. I asked him why he published it without having it correct. He answered, “Sadly I did have it proofread on Fiverr.”

Then he told me about Fiverr and urged me to join, so I did. My reason is that I want to stay home during our frigid Montana winters and sleep in and not have to get up when it is still dark outside. When it is not winter, I do enjoy subbing at the two local high schools. I enjoy hanging out with young people, but as I said I also like to sleep in, so by freelancing, I can sub less and sleep in more.

I started freelancing just the end of July because a banker from South Africa I met through a Facebook asked me to read his new e-Book and give him an honest review on Amazon. I read it and found a considerable amount of mistakes. I asked him if he wanted me to let him know what the errors were. It ended up I proofread and edited his book for free while I read it. I asked him why he published it without having it correct. He answered, “Sadly I did have it proofread on Fiverr.”

Then he told me about Fiverr and urged me to join, so I did. My reason is that I want to stay home during our frigid Montana winters and sleep in and not have to get up when it is still dark outside. When it is not winter, I do enjoy subbing at the two local high schools. I enjoy hanging out with young people, but as I said I also like to sleep in, so by freelancing, I can sub less and sleep in more.

Oh I see. That’s your beginning to succeed at Fiverr. You are very good, and you are given the best way to do your skills at Fiverr.

Yes, I also need a good night’s sleep. But when I get the job to be done quickly, I’m even willing to sleep for professionals in work

I have already lived in Asia and I am very aware that there is not a uniformity of climates, species, people, and/or cultures. Also, since I know how horrendously the elephants which tourists ride and get photographed with are sourced, I wouldn’t really be going to sit on one and drink beer all day while harpooning tarantulas. It’s just hard to sum everything about a third of the worlds habitable surface in 3 sentences. Please forgive me in this case, if my crass populist stereotyping has offended you.

It didn’t at all, what I really meant that “Arabian countries” is a part of Asia as continent.

However a lot of people separate it when they talk about Asia or they don’t consider it which is quite weird.

I totally agree with this.

It’s just hard to sum everything about a third of the worlds habitable surface in 3 sentences

Guest tamal30

@tamal30 Ever since I got to know graphic design. I am instantly interested in becoming a freelancer. Yes because I find it hard to get a job that is paid by my boss every month. So this is the perfect thing to do

i hope you will very succesful freelancer.

Late into this topic, but I found out for the first time about freelancing and that one could make money online in Jan 2014 from a guy who hated me (mutual feeling); joined Fiverr and a few other sites in Feb 2014, got my first order on Fiverr in April 2014 and became a TRS in May 2015, and been here ever since. It’s been fun 😎

[That fellow wanted to boast about how he was not completely useless and unemployed like me and actually made Rs.20,000 ($340) a month as a freelancer. See, always keep learning - even from your enemies, who knows where that can take you…] [in fact, I will say that you will learn much more from your enemies than from friends or well wishers, you will advance much further in a calamity or adverse situation or a desperate situation, than when things are going very well for you and everything is smooth. Think about it.] [Your enemies give you a dose of reality, show you up for what you are, point out your weaknesses; your friends tell you that it’s okay, and everything is fine, even when it isn’t because they don’t want to hurt your feelings.] [Also, I learned everything about writing in March 2014 on another site, before Fiverr, when one client mocked me mercilessly for my Indian English. He said I had no future as a writer and no one would hire me, and that Indians should not be writing in English in the first place. That was the last time anyone has criticized me for my writing style and I have had 1200 clients after that. You insult me, you mock me, you put me down, here’s what I do, I learn from every insult, every put down and never even look back at you again.]

Late into this topic, but I found out for the first time about freelancing and that one could make money online in Jan 2014 from a guy who hated me (mutual feeling); joined Fiverr and a few other sites in Feb 2014, got my first order on Fiverr in April 2014 and became a TRS in May 2015, and been here ever since. It’s been fun 😎

[That fellow wanted to boast about how he was not completely useless and unemployed like me and actually made Rs.20,000 ($340) a month as a freelancer. See, always keep learning - even from your enemies, who knows where that can take you…] [in fact, I will say that you will learn much more from your enemies than from friends or well wishers, you will advance much further in a calamity or adverse situation or a desperate situation, than when things are going very well for you and everything is smooth. Think about it.] [Your enemies give you a dose of reality, show you up for what you are, point out your weaknesses; your friends tell you that it’s okay, and everything is fine, even when it isn’t because they don’t want to hurt your feelings.] [Also, I learned everything about writing in March 2014 on another site, before Fiverr, when one client mocked me mercilessly for my Indian English. He said I had no future as a writer and no one would hire me, and that Indians should not be writing in English in the first place. That was the last time anyone has criticized me for my writing style and I have had 1200 clients after that. You insult me, you mock me, you put me down, here’s what I do, I learn from every insult, every put down and never even look back at you again.]

You have gone through many challenges from 2014 to the present. and I see you have been successful at Fiverr. Congratulations 😍

Guest tamal30

welcome…what u regular fiverr?

thank-you…

do cartoon, caricature, painting, photoshop work

good.but i do web design and wordpress developer…i new fiverr…just start krlm but no order.just wait order

Guest tamal30

Nice. I hope I can do what you do.

Just wait?

Don’t just wait.

Make promotions on all your social media, also hang out in the buyer’s request section

my problem english talking…i am weak english…so get not any order

I was already self-employed when I found Fiverr. As any good self-employed person should do, I was looking to find another source of income (to add to those I was already working on)… and I found that in Fiverr. Now, Fiverr is just one of those different sources of income, all of which are at varying levels of profitability. 🙂

Guest logoeasy

People in the US, Europe, etc would never ask a freelancer why he / she is a freelancer ?
Infact freelancing is becoming a trend in those regions. Even big companies there are gradually moving to getting tasks done through freelancers.
It is in the mindset. Here in India (you are in Indonesia, I suppose), people do not understand the basic concept of freelancing … they think freelancing is all about data entry. Now, can you beat that ?

I was already self-employed when I found Fiverr. As any good self-employed person should do, I was looking to find another source of income (to add to those I was already working on)… and I found that in Fiverr. Now, Fiverr is just one of those different sources of income, all of which are at varying levels of profitability. 🙂

Oh, I see.

On the contrary, I have not worked and found Fiverr.

And I hope I can get the job I love outside Fiverr 🙏

Archived