Why did I choose to be a freelancer

dearartpkp

If anyone asks "Why do I choose to be a freelancer"
I will answer "high school graduates hard to find work"
I graduated high school in 2011 and have tried to find a job, but I have not been lucky to get a job I love 😑
Does anyone just like me?
or is there another reason?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well actually it’s not my reason, for me it’s the job that I really like to be at home and to work because I sort of have SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder) and I’m not ashamed or anything because of it but it’s really hard to work in reality and facing people all the time and to find job however so that’s why I choose to be Freelancer even I don’t believe that we choose it but it choose us.

Well actually it’s not my reason, for me it’s the job that I really like to be at home and to work because I sort of have SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder) and I’m not ashamed or anything because of it but it’s really hard to work in reality and facing people all the time and to find job however so that’s why I choose to be Freelancer even I don’t believe that we choose it but it choose us.

Everyone has its own reasons, apply also to you. You have an interesting reason 😃

Hopefully, what we have chosen will make us happy 🙏

Sorry for my poor English 😁

Everyone has its own reasons, apply also to you. You have an interesting reason 😃

Hopefully, what we have chosen will make us happy 🙏

Sorry for my poor English 😁

Sure everyone have their own reason and that’s why you said:

Does anyone just like me?

or is there another reason?

However I hope that too and it’s okay my English poor too.

You are welcome 🙂

I would love to live in Asia on what I earn freelancing. I keep toying with the idea of Cambodia but my dog always manages to talk me out of it.

In either case, I don’t recommend that anyone follows a traditional career path anymore. They say more people than ever go to University in western countries these days buy 3/4 of those who do end up with degrees for things which people just used to laugh at in the past like nail art and humanities.

I quit university and I only know a handful of people from my year who benefited career wise from higher education. My sister graduated with an amazing degree and walked into a top job but hated it and is now in the USA just wandering around.

If you have looked into freelancing after becoming a school leaver, you will easily become one of the most successful people you know. Fewer people than ever can write, use a computer, or even understand basic creative concepts anymore. All you have to do is hold out 10 years while the world becomes even more stupid and for each one, your skills will become more in demand.

I would love to live in Asia on what I earn freelancing. I keep toying with the idea of Cambodia but my dog always manages to talk me out of it.

In either case, I don’t recommend that anyone follows a traditional career path anymore. They say more people than ever go to University in western countries these days buy 3/4 of those who do end up with degrees for things which people just used to laugh at in the past like nail art and humanities.

I quit university and I only know a handful of people from my year who benefited career wise from higher education. My sister graduated with an amazing degree and walked into a top job but hated it and is now in the USA just wandering around.

If you have looked into freelancing after becoming a school leaver, you will easily become one of the most successful people you know. Fewer people than ever can write, use a computer, or even understand basic creative concepts anymore. All you have to do is hold out 10 years while the world becomes even more stupid and for each one, your skills will become more in demand.

Honestly, I don’t really understand if I have to mean a very long English. But I want to try. So sorry if I’m not in the context 😂

I would love to live in Asia

Why do you want to live in Asia?

I have been a freelancer for 5 years. I think I had a little success in Indonesia until I finally met Fiverr. and hopefully, I can also succeed at Fiverr 🙏

Honestly, I don’t really understand if I have to mean a very long English. But I want to try. So sorry if I’m not in the context 😂

I would love to live in Asia

I have been a freelancer for 5 years. I think I had a little success in Indonesia until I finally met Fiverr. and hopefully, I can also succeed at Fiverr 🙏

It’s cheap, there are elephants, there is better food, and beer tastes better when you are drinking it on a hot day.

On the downside, there are spiders. Big, horrible, poisonous spiders.

I’ve been told by a client that Thailand has an awesome “climate” for freelancers. He used to work from there. I love it here in Macedonia, because the tax for freelancers is 10%.

Sadly, I’m banned from Thailand. Also, while it does have a great freelance community, the visa situation leaves much to be desired. Cambodia is easy as an annual business visa can be picked up for a few hundred dollars and you can come and go as you please.

Also, Cyprus seems to have the best tax rates for freelancers in the EU.

I’ve been told by a client that Thailand has an awesome “climate” for freelancers. He used to work from there. I love it here in Macedonia, because the tax for freelancers is 10%.

I see…

I hope to be there someday

I became a freelancer because I hate being told what to do all the time. I also decided that I would start making a living as a writer (since that’s what I wanna do) and this seemed like a good place to start. It’s not my end game, but so far it’s been good for me. And finally, for health reasons. I went to the hospital fourth times and all were around times where I was very very stressed. Overall, I just don’t see reasons why I shouldn’t be a freelancer 😄

It’s cheap, there are elephants, there is better food, and beer tastes better when you are drinking it on a hot day.

It’s cheap, there are elephants, there is better food, and beer tastes better when you are drinking it on a hot day. On the downside, there are spiders. Big, horrible, poisonous spiders.

This isn’t all Asia countries, I guess this is your own vision of Asia.

However I hope to live in a place you like and love.

The spider comment got me:rofl::rofl:

I think you have already made a decision!

It’s cheap, there are elephants, there is better food, and beer tastes better when you are drinking it on a hot day. On the downside, there are spiders. Big, horrible, poisonous spiders.

This isn’t all Asia countries, I guess this is your own vision of Asia.

However I hope to live in a place you like and love.

I have already lived in Asia and I am very aware that there is not a uniformity of climates, species, people, and/or cultures. Also, since I know how horrendously the elephants which tourists ride and get photographed with are sourced, I wouldn’t really be going to sit on one and drink beer all day while harpooning tarantulas. It’s just hard to sum everything about a third of the worlds habitable surface in 3 sentences. Please forgive me in this case, if my crass populist stereotyping has offended you.

Guest tamal30

Yeah 😉

Finally, I chose to become a freelancer in the hope of earning even though not working at the company

few years ago i don’t interest freelancing…i was think freelancing boring job…so no intrestbut one years ago i freelancing interesting job.bcz freelancing work relaxed everyone…and many money source for freelancing…but any official job hard working…but not many money…or many reason i feel freelancing perfect job everyone…

I started freelancing just the end of July because a banker from South Africa I met through a Facebook asked me to read his new e-Book and give him an honest review on Amazon. I read it and found a considerable amount of mistakes. I asked him if he wanted me to let him know what the errors were. It ended up I proofread and edited his book for free while I read it. I asked him why he published it without having it correct. He answered, “Sadly I did have it proofread on Fiverr.”

Then he told me about Fiverr and urged me to join, so I did. My reason is that I want to stay home during our frigid Montana winters and sleep in and not have to get up when it is still dark outside. When it is not winter, I do enjoy subbing at the two local high schools. I enjoy hanging out with young people, but as I said I also like to sleep in, so by freelancing, I can sub less and sleep in more.

I started freelancing just the end of July because a banker from South Africa I met through a Facebook asked me to read his new e-Book and give him an honest review on Amazon. I read it and found a considerable amount of mistakes. I asked him if he wanted me to let him know what the errors were. It ended up I proofread and edited his book for free while I read it. I asked him why he published it without having it correct. He answered, “Sadly I did have it proofread on Fiverr.”

Then he told me about Fiverr and urged me to join, so I did. My reason is that I want to stay home during our frigid Montana winters and sleep in and not have to get up when it is still dark outside. When it is not winter, I do enjoy subbing at the two local high schools. I enjoy hanging out with young people, but as I said I also like to sleep in, so by freelancing, I can sub less and sleep in more.

but as I said I also like to sleep in

And so I joined a freelance platform which is many peoples leading cause of insomnia, dark eye circles, and rarely ever making it to their bedroom for most of their lives, aside to check if it is still there occasionally…

You’re new, Vicky. So very new…

Archived