Bad experience, should I Quit now? No! *Never Give Up*

Guest davidmcneal28

Guest davidmcneal28

Thank you all for your response. I really appreciate your honest feedback on how the situation was handled. I’m seeing comments who see it both ways, some agree with the buyer and some with the sellers point of view. That’s great!

To the supporters, thank you for your empathy. To the critics, thank you for your honest opinion. My intention is not to further wedge a gap between new buys and new sellers, but to provide understanding to both sides point of view and how this situation impacts them both negatively.

By pointing out the negative effects, we can see how important positive actions are in this community. So please see this as a chance for us all to learn, and be understanding to both points of view as that is how we will grow.

Earlier, before the topic began, I was upset, I was hurt, and I was frustrated. I had just received the 1 star review, and my buyers words were still fresh in my mind. It was a blow to my confidence and of course I felt I was right in my actions.

I’ve taken some time to reflect on the interactions and on all of your precious comments…

I want to apologise to anybody who has had a bad experience with a new sellers. Every buyer should be treated with complete respect as they are the ones who are funding the thousands of amazing projects here in Fiverr, I also want to thank you for that.

I also specifically I was to apologise to my buyer, and anyone who found my actions offensive. It was wrong of me to react to his the rating the way I did, and to resort to name calling only showed a level of unprofessionalism that I am ashamed of, I’m sorry.

With that being said, I want to reassure you that in no way have attempted retaliation. I have made it clear that the identity of said buyer will remain confidential, to protect his privacy and reputation.

Also to address those who have spoken out against me and my services. I ask that you are not so quick to judge, and I hope that you understand the strength it took for me to remain calm.

Yes, I called him a jerk. Yes it was wrong, but at least I had the courtesy of saying it to him in private, and not publicly in response to his feedback. Also I hope that you appreciate honesty as much as I do, because its not always easy to swallow our pride and admit our faults. It’s even harder to earnestly apologize and ask for forgiveness, and that’s what I’m doing now. So please consider these things.

I understand that some have decided not to do business with the likes of me, that’s ok. If you feel that calling a buyer a jerk in private is an unforgivable Fiverr sin then I can’t say that I understand your thinking, but I respect it.

To those who are interested in seeing the 5 logo design which were rejected, I’ll be happy to share and get your feedback. If the buyer had been providing good feedback then maybe this wouldn’t have been a bad experience at all. So I’d appreciate anyone who’s interested in doing that now.

Send me a private message so I can share them with you.
Again, Thank you all for reading, and responding with your honest opinion.

Hi guys I’m David. I’m new to Fiverr and have really enjoyed my time here. Until now, I have had a great experience talking to potential clients and finally getting my first gig.

After weeks of reading, watching trends, and learning so many great qualities in myself that I never knew I had. I finally landed a $10 gig! I was so exciting, I fet a huge relief take over, I could finally breathe.

My first gigs was a logo design, I designed a car decal logo for a clients daughters cheer team. My client great, he provided me with good information describing the design he envisioned, and checked in frequently to provide feedback. In the end he was happy with the final product and gave me a 5 star review!

I couldn’t believe it, I did it, I started off with 5 stars. I could see myself one day being like some of the great sellers that I’ve observed over time. It was them best $10 I had ever earned, I swear I was so proud.

Then can a 29 day drought. I was quite confused after reading all the talk about the first sale being so much harder to get than the second.i tried variations of adding, removing, and updating gigs. I watched my impressions, and clicks bounce up and down with no sales and no consistency.all kinds of stuff, I kept reading, kept practicing and kept learning more HTML/css and javascript to stay busy.

Then I began to discover the importance of the user experience, and realized that Ive seen it mentioned here and there but never actually delved into the details. It didn’t take long before I recognizrd my love and need for it.

You see, I’ve been using the internet for over 29 years now, regularly. I built a MIDI based website when I was 11 years old, I’m 30 now. I’ve always been near a computer and always loved to the web.

Im getting to the point but want you to understand, that the user experience is how I’ve lived my life without even knowing it. I have a deep connection with it that I haven’t even know was there. If ive ever had a dream to be something amazing, this would be it. Now, at 30, after struggling through my adulthood, with many personal issues that I won’t get into today, bt will share if I find audience.

Anyway back to where I left my last client, happy and 5 star rated. Oh and don’t forget the 20 day drought. I finally found UX design, so I stripped my Fiverr of all the gigs I had been offering. I can do alot of good thingsin Web design, but nothing in particular that I am the best at really ust to be clear. Now you may see what attracted me to Fiverr.

I’m going to sum this up now quickly. That day I devoted myself to UX. That day I new client came to me. He asked me for 4 wireframes with 3 days an offered $100. I accepted the challenge.

I’m still amazed at this experience. He did not have a computer at all. I slept maybe 4 hours during those days. I updated him, he gave feedback, back and forth like tennis. The first two that wireframes was like that, and it went smoothly and professionaly. On the second day I had already created two stunning User Experiences in his opinion, I was skeptical, but then I sent over the last two for review. I was speechless when his reply was “Thank you so much, I’m good to go” as he finalized the project and went on to give me another 5 star! 24 hours before the deadline! Holy cow! Unbelievable I thought, I can really make this happen, I can do this!

The next day, Yesterday…I received a message from a new client asking for some HTML fixses, some new content, and a logo. I looked over the website and noticed alot of issues with the site right away, I wasn’t sure where to begin with the offer, I tried probing to get enough details to provide one quote to cover all his needs. He was short, to vague, and slow to respond. So isn’t an offer over with what I had so far.

I offered to fix his social links, update the footer, remove unrelevant partners from the site, and fix some typos throughout it. In addition I said I would design his logo as he’d requested, and that we could discuss content later. Feeling good about the huge leaps in progress and confidence I had with 2 five star ratings, I offered to help him out, I cut him a deal for $40, knowing that the services were going to be more work that what I was asking for in pay.

Of course he accepted, then sent over the username/pw to his cpanel. I climbed into the data and found a mess beyond belief. I don’t 4-5 hours sifting through more files dating back to 1999. Most of the files were not being used at all. I finally got all the fixes done. I sent him the update and began probing for more info on the what kind of logo he wanted. He said “Powerful” “fast”" “agility” “timeiiness” all one word descriptions. Then said the just wanted it changed, for me to lead tway. So I began, 3 hours in I had designed 3 logos matching that description. When he finally come back later that day he immediateltt shot down my dedigns and directly insulted me. So I kept y calm and designed a fourth, again denied. The initial design offered only one logo. This went in for nearly 24 hours until about an hour ago.i even offered a full refund at one point he declined and continued insulting me and denting my logos. He finally release the line and gave me a very low review. My rating is now in the mid 70’s. I feel like it’s all ruined, I did everything I could and he still bashed me as if it were intentional.

I don’t know what to do now, I feel like the last few months of progress have been ripped away and I don’t know if buyers will still consider me with this unfair review.

Please help

When he finally come back later that day he immediateltt shot down my dedigns

For us to assess the situation correctly it would help if you would show us the designs.

I’m so sorry you had this happen.

@offlinehelpers is right about not taking on something you might not be excellent in.

Since your gig is not about logo design it sounds like you might have been in over your head on that.

When he finally come back later that day he immediateltt shot down my dedigns

For us to assess the situation correctly it would help if you would show us the designs.

I’m so sorry you had this happen.

@offlinehelpers is right about not taking on something you might not be excellent in.

Since your gig is not about logo design it sounds like you might have been in over your head on that.

Man, if everybody only offered gigs they’re “excellent” in, there would only be a dozen of sellers here.

There’s always a price/quality ratio, and that’s the game you have to play. If I was an “excellent” video editor and VFX artist, I wouldn’t be here, or at the very least I wouldn’t charge the prices I do. (Probably wouldn’t have time to be here anyway, with all the Hollywood work).

What I’m trying to say is that’s not very good advice. Very few people are truly “excellent”, specially people who are trying to start (and they do have to start somewhere). What you must do is offer good value - good quality for your price. There’s space (arguably an even larger space) for competent sellers, excellency is on another level. Excellent is the top 1%, and it’s tautological to say that not everyone can be a part of that 🙂

There’s a large market for competitively priced, solid, competent work. If you think you can do a logo for 5$, man, you probably can. Everybody can learn to make a 5$ logo. And a lot of people only need and want a 5$ logo. And that’s fine 🙂

Thank you all for your response. I really appreciate your honest feedback on how the situation was handled. I’m seeing comments who see it both ways, some agree with the buyer and some with the sellers point of view. That’s great!

To the supporters, thank you for your empathy. To the critics, thank you for your honest opinion. My intention is not to further wedge a gap between new buys and new sellers, but to provide understanding to both sides point of view and how this situation impacts them both negatively.

By pointing out the negative effects, we can see how important positive actions are in this community. So please see this as a chance for us all to learn, and be understanding to both points of view as that is how we will grow.

Earlier, before the topic began, I was upset, I was hurt, and I was frustrated. I had just received the 1 star review, and my buyers words were still fresh in my mind. It was a blow to my confidence and of course I felt I was right in my actions.

I’ve taken some time to reflect on the interactions and on all of your precious comments…

I want to apologise to anybody who has had a bad experience with a new sellers. Every buyer should be treated with complete respect as they are the ones who are funding the thousands of amazing projects here in Fiverr, I also want to thank you for that.

I also specifically I was to apologise to my buyer, and anyone who found my actions offensive. It was wrong of me to react to his the rating the way I did, and to resort to name calling only showed a level of unprofessionalism that I am ashamed of, I’m sorry.

With that being said, I want to reassure you that in no way have attempted retaliation. I have made it clear that the identity of said buyer will remain confidential, to protect his privacy and reputation.

Also to address those who have spoken out against me and my services. I ask that you are not so quick to judge, and I hope that you understand the strength it took for me to remain calm.

Yes, I called him a jerk. Yes it was wrong, but at least I had the courtesy of saying it to him in private, and not publicly in response to his feedback. Also I hope that you appreciate honesty as much as I do, because its not always easy to swallow our pride and admit our faults. It’s even harder to earnestly apologize and ask for forgiveness, and that’s what I’m doing now. So please consider these things.

I understand that some have decided not to do business with the likes of me, that’s ok. If you feel that calling a buyer a jerk in private is an unforgivable Fiverr sin then I can’t say that I understand your thinking, but I respect it.

To those who are interested in seeing the 5 logo design which were rejected, I’ll be happy to share and get your feedback. If the buyer had been providing good feedback then maybe this wouldn’t have been a bad experience at all. So I’d appreciate anyone who’s interested in doing that now.

Send me a private message so I can share them with you.

Again, Thank you all for reading, and responding with your honest opinion.

Hey could you send me a private message or just a link to your logos? I am a professional logo designer and I could assess whether or not your client was being too critical or was being fair.

Man, if everybody only offered gigs they’re “excellent” in, there would only be a dozen of sellers here.

There’s always a price/quality ratio, and that’s the game you have to play. If I was an “excellent” video editor and VFX artist, I wouldn’t be here, or at the very least I wouldn’t charge the prices I do. (Probably wouldn’t have time to be here anyway, with all the Hollywood work).

What I’m trying to say is that’s not very good advice. Very few people are truly “excellent”, specially people who are trying to start (and they do have to start somewhere). What you must do is offer good value - good quality for your price. There’s space (arguably an even larger space) for competent sellers, excellency is on another level. Excellent is the top 1%, and it’s tautological to say that not everyone can be a part of that 🙂

There’s a large market for competitively priced, solid, competent work. If you think you can do a logo for 5$, man, you probably can. Everybody can learn to make a 5$ logo. And a lot of people only need and want a 5$ logo. And that’s fine 🙂

I don’t know where you got that idea. It seems like you have the idea you can sell half baked unsatisfactory services to people and be successful or get by that way.

I want to tell anyone who is reading this who thinks you can not be excellent at what you are offering and still do ok here that it’s not how it works.

If you are not excellent at what you offer you shouldn’t be selling it even if it’s only $5.

If you think you can do a logo for 5$, man, you probably can.

Yeh you can do some kind of horrible unacceptable disaster and try to pawn it off on someone and hope they don’t mind. Lots of sellers attempt that and come here and complain of bad reviews or no sales. It’s not a formula for long term success or problem free sales. Making buyers unhappy won’t work for long.

You tried making a logo even though you haven’t done that professionally and got a low review and insults. Yet you continue to see that as something that’s ok.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the logos you designed that he hated so much.

So I began, 3 hours in I had designed 3 logos matching that description. When he finally come back later that day he immediateltt shot down my dedigns and directly insulted me. So I kept y calm and designed a fourth, again denied. The initial design offered only one logo. This went in for nearly 24 hours until about an hour ago.i even offered a full refund at one point he declined and continued insulting me and denting my logos. He finally release the line and gave me a very low review.

And you ended your post with “Please help.”

Then later you said:

I don’t know where you got that idea. It seems like you have the idea you can sell half baked unsatisfactory services to people and be successful or get by that way.

I want to tell anyone who is reading this who thinks you can not be excellent at what you are offering and still do ok here that it’s not how it works.

If you are not excellent at what you offer you shouldn’t be selling it even if it’s only $5.

Yeh you can do some kind of horrible unacceptable disaster and try to pawn it off on someone and hope they don’t mind. Lots of sellers attempt that and come here and complain of bad reviews or no sales. It’s not a formula for long term success or problem free sales. Making buyers unhappy won’t work for long.

You tried making a logo even though you haven’t done that professionally and got a low review and insults. Yet you continue to see that as something that’s ok.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the logos you designed that he hated so much.

So I began, 3 hours in I had designed 3 logos matching that description. When he finally come back later that day he immediateltt shot down my dedigns and directly insulted me. So I kept y calm and designed a fourth, again denied. The initial design offered only one logo. This went in for nearly 24 hours until about an hour ago.i even offered a full refund at one point he declined and continued insulting me and denting my logos. He finally release the line and gave me a very low review.

And you ended your post with “Please help.”

Then later you said:

Our definitions of excellence are clearly quite different. Don’t distort what I said. I never said that you should deliver bad work. But by my definition, 99% of sellers here are definitely not excellent. But you don’t have to be. You have to be competent. That’s different.

Our definitions of excellence are clearly quite different. Don’t distort what I said. I never said that you should deliver bad work. But by my definition, 99% of sellers here are definitely not excellent. But you don’t have to be. You have to be competent. That’s different.

99% of sellers are not excellent? I’m not a trophy for participation kind of guy, but I would think at least 50% of the sellers on Fiverr are excellent, 25% are very good, 10% good, 10% so so, and 5% really bad.

In the end, it’s the market that decides. In fact, there are people doing great logos for $5. The price is irrelevant, a good worker will deliver quality for any price. With that said, for $5 you shouldn’t expect multiple revisions, you should expect one idea and if it’s a good one, take it, if not, hire him again or hire someone else.

99% of sellers are not excellent? I’m not a trophy for participation kind of guy, but I would think at least 50% of the sellers on Fiverr are excellent, 25% are very good, 10% good, 10% so so, and 5% really bad.

In the end, it’s the market that decides. In fact, there are people doing great logos for $5. The price is irrelevant, a good worker will deliver quality for any price. With that said, for $5 you shouldn’t expect multiple revisions, you should expect one idea and if it’s a good one, take it, if not, hire him again or hire someone else.

Again, our definition of “excellent” must be different, then. But even using a more generous definition, 50%? Not even close. And only 5% of bad sellers? No way man. What’s your definition of “excellent”? What’s your definition of “bad”?

And no, price is not irrelevant. If I buy something for 5$, I expect 5$ quality. I’m not saying it will be bad! I’m saying it will be 5$'s good. Otherwise the seller is pricing himself too cheap, and undervaluing the market.

Guest davidmcneal28

Well guys Fiverr changed the status of all of my gig’s to denied, even the ones that were paused. My account is restricted and they are claiming it’s because I need to update my phone number. I don’t know my old phone number so they are cancelling my account altogether. I guess it is the end of my Fiverr experience. They haven’t said one word about yesterday’s incident, but I have a feeling that’s what its all about. Thanks for your support community.

Again, our definition of “excellent” must be different, then. But even using a more generous definition, 50%? Not even close. And only 5% of bad sellers? No way man. What’s your definition of “excellent”? What’s your definition of “bad”?

And no, price is not irrelevant. If I buy something for 5$, I expect 5$ quality. I’m not saying it will be bad! I’m saying it will be 5$'s good. Otherwise the seller is pricing himself too cheap, and undervaluing the market.

I had a career before Fiverr, I worked in many advertising agencies and I can tell you that some of the work being done on Fiverr is equal and sometimes better than the work done in the “real world.”

A logo is a logo, whether you pay $5 or $500 for it makes no difference. The only difference is that when you pay $500 to $3,000, you might get 50 logos or 100, plus endless revisions. And yet, there are horrible logos done by “professionals.” Look at the Airbnb logo, it has been ridiculed by many for resembling a certain part of the female anatomy.

You’re also wrong in thinking that $5 = $5 quality. Have you ever gone to a nice restaurant, paid $30 to $50 for the meal, and didn’t like the food? Or as an alternative, have you ever had amazing BBQ at one of those “redneck” places that will never be featured in any Michelin guide? That’s my point. Price doesn’t mean anything. If I pay $150 for a suite at the Hilton and there are bed bugs, then I paid for garbage. I would have been better off staying at a Holiday Inn or even a Super8.

In a way you remind me of me. When I was young, I always used to order the most expensive item on the menu, thinking it was the best. Now I know better.

I had a career before Fiverr, I worked in many advertising agencies and I can tell you that some of the work being done on Fiverr is equal and sometimes better than the work done in the “real world.”

A logo is a logo, whether you pay $5 or $500 for it makes no difference. The only difference is that when you pay $500 to $3,000, you might get 50 logos or 100, plus endless revisions. And yet, there are horrible logos done by “professionals.” Look at the Airbnb logo, it has been ridiculed by many for resembling a certain part of the female anatomy.

You’re also wrong in thinking that $5 = $5 quality. Have you ever gone to a nice restaurant, paid $30 to $50 for the meal, and didn’t like the food? Or as an alternative, have you ever had amazing BBQ at one of those “redneck” places that will never be featured in any Michelin guide? That’s my point. Price doesn’t mean anything. If I pay $150 for a suite at the Hilton and there are bed bugs, then I paid for garbage. I would have been better off staying at a Holiday Inn or even a Super8.

In a way you remind me of me. When I was young, I always used to order the most expensive item on the menu, thinking it was the best. Now I know better.

You are crazy if you think you will get a professional videoclip for 5$. You are still crazy if you think you’ll get a videoclip on par with any mainstream artists for less than thousands. It’s just the way it is, good luck.

I didn’t say a 5$ logo must be bad. I said a 5$ logo can’t and shouldn’t compete with a million dollar logo. And in certain areas and for certain tasks, 5$ will have to be terrible. The logo design category is a cesspool anyway.

Guest davidmcneal28

I agree with both of you. The thing is it all depends on who you are designing the logo for as to whether it’s good or excellent. Also how much experience you have in making the type of logo you are asked to make. The most important factor is if you can match what the buyer envisions in his mind. What they are expecting to achieve with the logo, and what qualities they expect the logo to portray. In my case yesterday, as I explained, they buyer had given very little information. He provided me with a couple of attributes like “powerful” and “clean”. After each attempt I asked him probing questions like “What do you like/dislike about the logo? What do you like/dislike about your current logo? What qualities do you like to portray with the logo?” Each time I was given responses like “They’re just bad” or “You should quit”.

I believe he didn’t have a clue. He had no idea and no vision as to what he wanted. He obviously was under some form of stress, probably due to his failing business, or the ineffectiveness of his poorly designed, outdated, slop of a website.

I do want to say this, I agree completely with pedromleitao about how anybody who thinks they can design a $5 logo, probably can. If you are inspired to design anything from logo’s to websites, then you can do it. With inspiration come drive and effort. A new designer in many cases can design better than a career designer because they have drive and are inspired. They care more about what the buyer needs and doing a great job at doing it. They’ll take more time in researching and learning what the latest trends are and look into what a great design is.

So if you are a new designer, or career designer who is questioning your ability, Don’t Quit and Never Give Up, you can do it. Drive and inspiration is what will separate the excellent from the bad.

Well guys Fiverr changed the status of all of my gig’s to denied, even the ones that were paused. My account is restricted and they are claiming it’s because I need to update my phone number. I don’t know my old phone number so they are cancelling my account altogether. I guess it is the end of my Fiverr experience. They haven’t said one word about yesterday’s incident, but I have a feeling that’s what its all about. Thanks for your support community.

. They haven’t said one word about yesterday’s incident, but I have a feeling that’s what its all about. Thanks for your support community.

I looked at your profile after you first posted the original post and didn’t see any negative reviews. They were all five stars.

Guest davidmcneal28

. They haven’t said one word about yesterday’s incident, but I have a feeling that’s what its all about. Thanks for your support community.

I looked at your profile after you first posted the original post and didn’t see any negative reviews. They were all five stars.

He had just given me the rating and I came straight here to the community because I believe that’s where we have strongest form of support. We are supposed to come together as freelancers of all kinds, for one common cause, to provide the kind of service it takes to keep good customers around and keep brings more in, that’s not always going to be excellent service, but everyone should do their best and have high expectations on themselves, and we should be open to others trying new things to find out if they are or aren’t up to par.

Hey man!
From my experience, it was an important lesson for you. I too had my second order messed up a bit as buyer was very busy. I was new and tried messaging for details but that got him angry. The good thing is I finished with amazing results and he gave a 4 ( that is nothing compared to you). So here is what I learned so far.

1. Buyers have life too, so dont think more about time.
    Delivering before a day is good but try for best output not time.
  2. There are some people who are looking for free work. Be careful of red flags.
    Like the buyer may be using all your logos and just wanted more done on lower budget.
  3. Now when I think on it, I think it may be due to inexperience and some people want to take advantage of this.
  4. If I were you, I would make both orders different, the website and logo. For the logo one if I got these many rejections without any direction to output, I would go for cancelling the order.

Just try learning from this experience. Learn from others experience on the forum. Dont worry about orders, I had 20$ for first month and now have 400$( only this month) in my third.
All the best.

David, I don´t think the restriction issue has anything to do with the rating, everyone has to go through that.
Fiverr introduced phone verification, a much asked for security feature, not too long ago. Since you said you´re new, are you sure you gave an old phone number you no longer have? Or could it just be that you didn´t give them a phone number=didn´t do the phone verification at all yet?

If you know you did and it´s an old one you can´t access anymore, you could reply to the CS mail and calmly explain the issue, they usually are very helpful and might tell you how else you can verify if you don´t have access to the phone number you had given anymore.
And if the issue is that you didn´t do the phone verification at all yet, just do it, you can find it somewhere in the settings.

FYI, whether you keep this account or make a new one, it would be a good idea to update your phone number when you change your phone to avoid issues, because if you, for instance, want to change your password, or need to, as you from one day to the next, can´t log in anymore with your perfectly correct password because the site tells you it´s wrong (happened to me and a lot of other people because of some bug a while ago) you will get a code on your phone for that. Same most probably, if you ever want/need to change your email address, your PayPal address.

Phone verification is just a security feature, to keep your account safe from hackers (the forum has lots of threads about hacked accounts!), and to keep people from having multiple accounts, pause dormant accounts, nothing more.

You are crazy if you think you will get a professional videoclip for 5$. You are still crazy if you think you’ll get a videoclip on par with any mainstream artists for less than thousands. It’s just the way it is, good luck.

I didn’t say a 5$ logo must be bad. I said a 5$ logo can’t and shouldn’t compete with a million dollar logo. And in certain areas and for certain tasks, 5$ will have to be terrible. The logo design category is a cesspool anyway.

Some of my gig videos were created for $5. The trailer on my gun gig, that was $5, and I’ve had buyers order that gig because they think I’m selling the video when what I sell is totally different.

Some of my gig videos were created for $5. The trailer on my gun gig, that was $5, and I’ve had buyers order that gig because they think I’m selling the video when what I sell is totally different.

And how long did those videos take to make? 10 minutes, I presume? Or are you paying somebody else 3$ an hour for video work? tsk, tsk…

And how long did those videos take to make? 10 minutes, I presume? Or are you paying somebody else 3$ an hour for video work? tsk, tsk…

So because it took 10 minutes or less it’s low quality? That’s ridiculous. Art is about the RESULTS.

Maybe I’m buying a template and all he has to do is drop in subtitles. So what? It gets results, my gig videos are popular, they make me money, I get orders.

I could choose to talk to a camera, but I hate doing that, which is why I hire others to do gig commercials for me.

Guest davidmcneal28

So Great news! I’ve got everything back up and my gig is active and ready for orders! It’s been a rough couple of days but I’m rested and ready to rock out some Wireframes and Landing pages. My schedule is clear guys, I really could use the support of the community now. If you or someone you know is in need of UX wireframes, Clickable Interactive UI, or HTML/CSS Landing Pages, please send them my way.

I really really do appreciate everyone’s support on this topic, please help me recover from that 1 star logo design rating quickly!

Thank You!

So because it took 10 minutes or less it’s low quality? That’s ridiculous. Art is about the RESULTS.

Maybe I’m buying a template and all he has to do is drop in subtitles. So what? It gets results, my gig videos are popular, they make me money, I get orders.

I could choose to talk to a camera, but I hate doing that, which is why I hire others to do gig commercials for me.

Man, you definitely have a problem with interpreting stuff. I never said it was low quality. I wasn’t talking about you specifically. I said there are things that you simply cannot buy for 5$. Because they are worth more, because they take time to make. Most videos fall in this category, even just changing a template will take more than 10 minutes because you need to render, export and upload, and videos are large files. A

And ART is not about results, that’s ridiculous. And what we do is not ART. It’s design. Completely different. Art doesn’t have a price tag.

Man, you definitely have a problem with interpreting stuff. I never said it was low quality. I wasn’t talking about you specifically. I said there are things that you simply cannot buy for 5$. Because they are worth more, because they take time to make. Most videos fall in this category, even just changing a template will take more than 10 minutes because you need to render, export and upload, and videos are large files. A

And ART is not about results, that’s ridiculous. And what we do is not ART. It’s design. Completely different. Art doesn’t have a price tag.

As a professionally trained artist, I can say with certainty that design IS art, and what some of do here on Fiverr is, most definitely, artistic.

It’s also worth noting that art can have a price tag just like anything else. Otherwise, why would famous Van Gogh paintings be selling for millions of dollars. 😉

While most art is about self-expression, a commercial artist is driven towards results. I don’t just write what I like, I write what my clients like, the work is not about me, it’s about them.

A house is worth whatever a buyer wants to pay for it, and it’s the same with Fiverr. A new seller with no reviews should be charging $5, otherwise nobody will hire him. However, even after getting more than 1,000 reviews, there is a price point that will kill all his orders. If I was charging $1,000 per gig, I would be getting no orders.

even just changing a template will take more than 10 minutes because you need to render, export and upload, and videos are large files

Maybe you need a faster computer. Even then, smart sellers follow the market and priced accordingly.

Vincent Van Gogh for example was dirt poor, he lived a miserable life, his poor brother Theo supported him, nobody wanted to buy his paintings. Then Vincent dies and eventually his paintings were worth millions. I’d rather make money now.

Art for art’s sake is great when you don’t need the money, when you do, art for money’s sake is better.

Archived